Skip to main content

Add a "Download" option to article product button

More
10 years 11 months ago #217435 by boxcarmib
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A

Rather than catalog pages, I'm using the "Product" editor button to embed products in Joomla Articles.
With this approach it is difficult to provide customers with simple access to download the free file offerings of my site. What I would like is to have an "Download" or "Download Now" button showing up below the free file product listing rather than "Add to Cart".
I know that this is not currently a Hikashop feature, but I was hoping someone might be able to supply me with some direction on how to proceed. E.g. ... what file is the "Product" button logic in? Where is the "Add to Cart" button generated... what might be the best way to add a "Add download button" to the Article insert options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #217467 by nicolas
Hi,

What I don't get is why go through HikaShop to do that ?
Doing through HikaShop just sounds like more work managing it, and on top of that the product content plugin doesn't support it and you would have to add custom code to handle that.
You could simply upload your file via the media manager of Joomla and then add the link to it in your Joomla article, no ?

Now regarding the product content plugin output, it's handled by the file plugins/system/hikashopproductinsert/hikashopproductinsert_view.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: boxcarmib

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #217573 by boxcarmib
Yes, you're right. I was too fixated on thinking that everything had to be done in Hikashop. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum