- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Display category name in Category Listing
I'm new with Hikashop. I created a new menu element associated to a Hikashop category listing and other menu element associated to a hikashop product listing. Unfortunately I can't see the Menu/Category title even enabling and disabling the option "Use the menu title instead of the category name". I have already set the parent category too.
I'd like to know how to display that in the Category Listing and Product listing sections.
Product Listing: oim.comvexo.com/productos/sector-primario
Category Listing: oim.comvexo.com/productos
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just removed in: templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php (about line: 18) the following if:
Thus I get always the title displayed.
Is there any other solution, without changing the code?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: In the joomla menu manager, edit your menu and click on the "Parameters (System)" tab on the right. There you will have the option "Show the Page Title"
In Joomla 2.5, it is now labeled as "Page Display Options" & "Show Page Heading" respectively.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I only have one main menu item for the shop and remain navigation is via the shop and not menu.
I tried removing the code mentioned above but made no difference.
An clues please.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is properly handled since several versions of HikaShop.
All you have to do to remove the title of the page is to turn off the corresponding option in the joomla options of the menu item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your reply.
What I wanted to do was display the title (above the description) - not remove it.
I am not running shop via menu - only for the intial top level.
Is there a way to display title (when not using menu)
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is always a menu involved. You should not be able to display a products listing without a menu. So just turn on the same option I was talking about for your menu and the title will display.
If you're displaying the listing from a listing module link, in the module's hikashop options, there is the "menu" option which points to the menu which is used when you click on the links of the module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Bingo, that did it. (For some reason didnt work when I orginally tried it but cleared cache etc and working as expected)
Thanks again.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have categories inside product category in Hikashop
I use Hika module to display links to categories on frontend
There is one joomla menu item that points to main product category ofHikashop
I want to display categories titles on all pages with product listings of these categories.
In module settings I set menu option to the joomla menu item
In joomla menu item setting i turned "display title" on
The result is there's title on main category, but if clicked on any item from module, there are no titles.
Please help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please make sure that you turn on the "show component heading" setting of the menu item in the Joomla menu manager.
take.ms/obEu0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.