URL in confirmation email
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 7 months ago #9362
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
URL in confirmation email was created by williamstdd
I am not getting the URL in the confirmation email for downloads. It is in the order when I view my orders, just not in the email. What do I need to change? (If the answer is already in the forum, I did look and it appeared I did not need to do anything. Maybe I did not hit the right thread.)
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9373
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: URL in confirmation email
There is just not that link in the email. The user needs to go to his order page in order to download the files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- williamstdd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
15 years 7 months ago #9382
by williamstdd
Cheers,
Todd
Replied by williamstdd on topic Re: URL in confirmation email
Okay, I figured out the problem (lack of user knowledge) and decided to post the results so others may find the answer. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is the way it seems to work.
To have download you must use some form of registration. The "no registration" option does not work, since they have no way to get to the order to see it. Hence, in the complete context of my question, I had "no registration turned on and the emails had no linked. With either "Simplified Registration" or "Registration" emails have the link. Now that I understand it, it makes perfect sense.
To have download you must use some form of registration. The "no registration" option does not work, since they have no way to get to the order to see it. Hence, in the complete context of my question, I had "no registration turned on and the emails had no linked. With either "Simplified Registration" or "Registration" emails have the link. Now that I understand it, it makes perfect sense.
Cheers,
Todd
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9399
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: URL in confirmation email
Ah yes, you would be able to sell downloadable goods if the users can't register since they will need to be logged in with their account to be able to download the file (so that hikashop can check that they have bought the product... otherwise, anyone would be able to do so once the link would get out).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds