- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Translated text not showing
15 years 7 months ago #9492
by Fab418
Translated text not showing was created by Fab418
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9493
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Translated text not showing
There is no translation file for the en-US tag. Only for en-GB. Please manually download the en-GB file on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html
Then rename it to en-US and upload it via FTP in the folder language/en-US.
That should solve the problem.
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html
Then rename it to en-US and upload it via FTP in the folder language/en-US.
That should solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9494
by Fab418
Replied by Fab418 on topic Re: Translated text not showing
It worked, big thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9607
by Fab418
Replied by Fab418 on topic Re: Translated text not showing
Strangely I got rid of all the PRICE_BEGINNING9,95 CAD PER_UNITPRICE_END but now I only see the english version of Hikashop even though my site is in french.
I have both french and us-english installed in Hikashop..
How can I have Hikashop's language matche the site's one?
I have both french and us-english installed in Hikashop..
How can I have Hikashop's language matche the site's one?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9608
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Translated text not showing
If you don't see a language, it could be because the translation file is not valid, thus joomla skips it. Did you do any changes in the french translation file ? Do you have it in the folder languages/fr-FR for com_hikashop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9616
by Fab418
Replied by Fab418 on topic Re: Translated text not showing
I did some changes to the file.
I downloaded the french translation file (from there: www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html )and replaced it in the language/fr-FR folder. Did not work.
I tried to erase the override data in the backend but got an unable to save file error.
I erased it manually by ftp but I'm still only in english.
I downloaded the french translation file (from there: www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html )and replaced it in the language/fr-FR folder. Did not work.
I tried to erase the override data in the backend but got an unable to save file error.
I erased it manually by ftp but I'm still only in english.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9634
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Translated text not showing
Do you use joomla 1.5 or joomla 1.6 ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9636
by Fab418
Replied by Fab418 on topic Re: Translated text not showing
1.5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9637
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Translated text not showing
Are you sure that your main language in joomla is set to french ?
Could you give a link to your website ?
Could you give a link to your website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9641
by Fab418
Replied by Fab418 on topic Re: Translated text not showing
Ok I found out it was an issue with joomfish which was at one time defaulted to english then back to french. Everything is back to normal now. Thanx. Temporary url is
www.fabricetremblay.ca/can
if you still want to have a look.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds