- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Products not showing on main page, only in module
- guns1inger
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 7 months ago #9686
by guns1inger
Products not showing on main page, only in module was created by guns1inger
OK. My bad. I did a dumb thing. I deleted the content module - oops. So I reinstalled the whole package and everything is back, except that the contents no longer show under the main area, only where the content module is positioned. Which doesn't look so good.
You can see the problem here
The categories display correctly -> kerriewarrendesigns.com.au/index.php?opt...out=listing&Itemid=4
But if you clock on either of them, the products don't show where they used to (i.e., where the categories are now), but over where the content module is positioned
e.g. kerriewarrendesigns.com.au/index.php?opt...ame=scarves&Itemid=4
I have recreated everything as best I can from memory, but I have obviously missed something.
I have been through the config menu, and under display chosen the content module to be displayed in the main area, but it makes no difference.
Help, please
You can see the problem here
The categories display correctly -> kerriewarrendesigns.com.au/index.php?opt...out=listing&Itemid=4
But if you clock on either of them, the products don't show where they used to (i.e., where the categories are now), but over where the content module is positioned
e.g. kerriewarrendesigns.com.au/index.php?opt...ame=scarves&Itemid=4
I have recreated everything as best I can from memory, but I have obviously missed something.
I have been through the config menu, and under display chosen the content module to be displayed in the main area, but it makes no difference.
Help, please
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- guns1inger
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9688
by guns1inger
Replied by guns1inger on topic Re: Products not showing on main page, only in module
OK - I have managed to get things under some semblance of control. I have the products now displaying as they did, however I still have an issue. Now the main page, which originally showed only the categories, now shows categories and products. I have been through the configuration a dozen times, but I cannot see where these are coming from. The page in question is
here
I know it is something simple.
Thanks
I know it is something simple.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- guns1inger
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 7 months ago #9707
by guns1inger
Replied by guns1inger on topic Re: Products not showing on main page, only in module
After much re-configuring I seem to have it sorted to the client's satisfaction. Unfortunately it was simply through try different combinations of configuration, and not in a particularly systematic way, so I can't give much in the way of a detailed solution.
This thread can be considered closed.
This thread can be considered closed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #9711
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Products not showing on main page, only in module
Hi,
Glad to hear that you solved it yourself. Indeed, if you deleted the content module the corresponding entries in the database are lost and you will have to recreate your menus and modules with the appropriate options.
Glad to hear that you solved it yourself. Indeed, if you deleted the content module the corresponding entries in the database are lost and you will have to recreate your menus and modules with the appropriate options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds