- Posts: 209
- Thank you received: 18
Variants problem
15 years 6 months ago #9906
by JIK
Variants problem was created by JIK
Hi,
I have a product with two characteristics. Each characteristic has a number of variants. In order to force the user to choose a variant in each characteristic, I have included a default variant of and set it's quantity to 0 (ie: no stock for this variant).
The Characteristics display perfectly as drop down boxes on the product page, and the add to cart button does not display as no charactteristic/variants have been chosen.
However, when ONE of the characteristic/variants is properly selected the add to cart button appears despite the fact that the second characteristic/variant has not been chosen.
Then, once the second characteristic/variant has been chosen the add to cart button disappears.
I have checked all my variant settings.
????
I have a product with two characteristics. Each characteristic has a number of variants. In order to force the user to choose a variant in each characteristic, I have included a default variant of and set it's quantity to 0 (ie: no stock for this variant).
The Characteristics display perfectly as drop down boxes on the product page, and the add to cart button does not display as no charactteristic/variants have been chosen.
However, when ONE of the characteristic/variants is properly selected the add to cart button appears despite the fact that the second characteristic/variant has not been chosen.
Then, once the second characteristic/variant has been chosen the add to cart button disappears.
I have checked all my variant settings.
????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #9916
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variants problem
Could you give us the link to that page so that we can have a look ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #9999
by JIK
Replied by JIK on topic Re: Variants problem
Hi,
I finally sorted it after playing with the variants a few different ways. Here's what worked for me:
I created the two characteristics using products > characterisitics, adding the variants to each characteristic. Note that in order to get the blank space to show as the default on each, I had to add that (ie: %nbsp;) variant first, hit apply then add the others.
Then I went to the product and added the two characteristics. This built a list of all the possible variant combinations. Hit apply.
I then went into manage variants and deleted all the combinations where both of the characteristic/variant columns were not filled in, EXCEPT for the one line that contained the both blanks in each column. On this line I then edited the quantity and set it to zero.
All works perfectly now.
cheers!
I finally sorted it after playing with the variants a few different ways. Here's what worked for me:
I created the two characteristics using products > characterisitics, adding the variants to each characteristic. Note that in order to get the blank space to show as the default on each, I had to add that (ie: %nbsp;) variant first, hit apply then add the others.
Then I went to the product and added the two characteristics. This built a list of all the possible variant combinations. Hit apply.
I then went into manage variants and deleted all the combinations where both of the characteristic/variant columns were not filled in, EXCEPT for the one line that contained the both blanks in each column. On this line I then edited the quantity and set it to zero.
All works perfectly now.
cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds