Skip to main content

Show GST Free under price and on order and invoice

More
12 years 2 months ago #164069 by lt635
Hello,

Is there an easy way to display 'GST Free' under/next to price and also on order and invoice? In Australia we have to display if a price includes GST or it has to state that the price is 'gst free'.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #164071 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Lene,
A solution can be to set the "Show taxed prices" option to display both through the page : "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #164125 by lt635
Hello Mohamed,

There is no tax when it is gst free. The amount on product page must say GST Free and the same for total in checkout. I also need to change the invoice/order to the same and say 'tax invoice.

Maybe I just have to manually add it to the code?

Regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #164145 by Jerome
Hi,

So your product does not have any tax category or a speical one, to be "tax free", right ?

In order to add the text "gst free", you can do it using view override (checking the product tax and display the message if so).
Reading the "product_tax_id" is possible in most of views (in some cases you might load the full product using the order product object).

You can otherwise, use a product custom field and use this custom field to display the text where you want to display it. But the product_tax_id will be I think, a better solution.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #164322 by lt635
Hello,

I think I worked out a simple way to fix this.

I added a custom field saying '* All prices are GST Free' on product page. Then I edited the language file by adding (GST Free) to the totals, and invoice and orders to say 'Tax Invoice'.

There is no tax when you trade GST Free, but by law you have to state that the prices are GST Free, as you cannot claim GST for a product that is GST Free (this is if you are putting any purchase through a business where you claim GST).

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum