Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
11 years 3 months ago #205200
by grayt7
Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated was created by grayt7
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hi,
I'm trying to configure a store based on this model: www.completecareshop.co.uk/shop-informat...ion-for-the-disabled
The basics:
General users will have VAT applied to all products expect products which are specifically zero rated - this is fine and how a lot of normal shops work.
However, at the checkout customers should be able to self asses themselves as being VAT exempt from certain products. (NOT ALL PRODUCTS). Once they have self-assessed themselves any products in their basket which can be zero rated become zero rated.
Is there a way of configuring hikashop to cater for this?
I was presuming that be some custom field selections at checkout they are put into a zero rated user group. However, I'm not sure how to then only show certain products with zero rate vat and not others? help please?
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hi,
I'm trying to configure a store based on this model: www.completecareshop.co.uk/shop-informat...ion-for-the-disabled
The basics:
General users will have VAT applied to all products expect products which are specifically zero rated - this is fine and how a lot of normal shops work.
However, at the checkout customers should be able to self asses themselves as being VAT exempt from certain products. (NOT ALL PRODUCTS). Once they have self-assessed themselves any products in their basket which can be zero rated become zero rated.
Is there a way of configuring hikashop to cater for this?
I was presuming that be some custom field selections at checkout they are put into a zero rated user group. However, I'm not sure how to then only show certain products with zero rate vat and not others? help please?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #205221
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
Hi,
Yes, you can use extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...oup-ftw-for-hikashop to set a user group after the registration of the user based on a custom field.
Then, you want to have two tax categories (via the "manage tax categories" button of the System>Taxes menu) and assign them based on whether the products are taxed normally or are from that special group of products which are not taxed for the self assessed users.
Finally, you can create your tax rules based on the user group of the user and the tax category in order to cover the different cases.
Note that you don't need a tax rule for cases where the tax to apply is 0. If no tax rules match, the tax rate will be 0 anyway.
Yes, you can use extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...oup-ftw-for-hikashop to set a user group after the registration of the user based on a custom field.
Then, you want to have two tax categories (via the "manage tax categories" button of the System>Taxes menu) and assign them based on whether the products are taxed normally or are from that special group of products which are not taxed for the self assessed users.
Finally, you can create your tax rules based on the user group of the user and the tax category in order to cover the different cases.
Note that you don't need a tax rule for cases where the tax to apply is 0. If no tax rules match, the tax rate will be 0 anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #205282
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for a quick reply. I will give that a go.
Many thanks.
Thanks for a quick reply. I will give that a go.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #206148
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
Hi,
So far I've got everything to work apart from the plugin you suggested - I've emailed the developer about this as I don't believe its a hikashop issue.
One other question, I have a product with options, the prices with options is stated with VAT. Is there a way to show it without VAT? I have the config set to show both prices, with/without VAT and this is needed.
Sorry also the product option selection, in the dropdown it says no or yes (+£xx.xx) can the amount in there also have no VAT?
Oh and sorry one last thing (I promise) Is there a way of having a product option default selected please?
Many thanks.
So far I've got everything to work apart from the plugin you suggested - I've emailed the developer about this as I don't believe its a hikashop issue.
One other question, I have a product with options, the prices with options is stated with VAT. Is there a way to show it without VAT? I have the config set to show both prices, with/without VAT and this is needed.
Sorry also the product option selection, in the dropdown it says no or yes (+£xx.xx) can the amount in there also have no VAT?
Oh and sorry one last thing (I promise) Is there a way of having a product option default selected please?
Many thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by grayt7.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #206170
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
Hello,
1. There is actually no option to do it, so the solution will directly be to edit the "option" file of the "product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" and add such line at the beginning:
<?php $this->params->set('price_with_tax',0); ?>
2. If you followed our documentation here ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ) and have a characteristic attached to your option, you defined in your characteristic the possible values in the option dropdown, and in the option product, you selected the default value you wanted in the dropdown, so you can just change it there.
1. There is actually no option to do it, so the solution will directly be to edit the "option" file of the "product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" and add such line at the beginning:
<?php $this->params->set('price_with_tax',0); ?>
2. If you followed our documentation here ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ) and have a characteristic attached to your option, you defined in your characteristic the possible values in the option dropdown, and in the option product, you selected the default value you wanted in the dropdown, so you can just change it there.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206335
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Question About VAT / User Groups / Zero Rated
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.
1) I'll have to try that out.
2) I can see how this would work, however, its a little inflexible as if you are selling the option product then it would have unnecessary characteristics that would confuse customers. The only way to do it would be to duplicate the product and the one with characteristics have outside the product category.
Thanks for getting back to me.
1) I'll have to try that out.
2) I can see how this would work, however, its a little inflexible as if you are selling the option product then it would have unnecessary characteristics that would confuse customers. The only way to do it would be to duplicate the product and the one with characteristics have outside the product category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds