- Posts: 168
- Thank you received: 6
VAT calculation issues / Bug?
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #261982
by jean-loup
VAT calculation issues / Bug? was created by jean-loup
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Good morning
We're still finishing to test completely Hika 3.0.0 on our testing environment before going live...
We noticed a strange behaviour during the taxes (VAT) calculation.
Basically we are based in Switzerland (VAT 8%) and we apply VAT only when an product is shipped in Switzerland. We know this fact only when a customer is logged and indicates the delivery address.
Further we propose an UPS shipment option when a product must be shipped abroad. If it is shipped within Switzerland, only SwissPost option is proposed and the 8% VAT is added to the cost of the product
So normally (and so far with 2.6.4) as long as a product is added to the cart without a login, no taxes are indicated on the checkout page in the summary.
But with version 3.0.0, a 8% VAT is automatically calculated and added to the cost of product, please see image 1.
Then if I login (account with delivery abroad, here in Italy on image 2), the 8% VAT remains and the UPS option shipment is not proposed.
But now if I restart from scratch a new session with immediate login before adding product to the cart, when I add a product to the cart, everything is correct. No VAT displayed and UPS shipment proposed. Please see image 3
Sounds like a bug and not a configuration issue... would you please confirm ? VAT issues are quite important and foreign customer wouldn't understand what are these 8% is automatically added to the cost of their products!
Wish you a nice week-end
Jean-Loup
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Good morning
We're still finishing to test completely Hika 3.0.0 on our testing environment before going live...
We noticed a strange behaviour during the taxes (VAT) calculation.
Basically we are based in Switzerland (VAT 8%) and we apply VAT only when an product is shipped in Switzerland. We know this fact only when a customer is logged and indicates the delivery address.
Further we propose an UPS shipment option when a product must be shipped abroad. If it is shipped within Switzerland, only SwissPost option is proposed and the 8% VAT is added to the cost of the product
So normally (and so far with 2.6.4) as long as a product is added to the cart without a login, no taxes are indicated on the checkout page in the summary.
But with version 3.0.0, a 8% VAT is automatically calculated and added to the cost of product, please see image 1.
Then if I login (account with delivery abroad, here in Italy on image 2), the 8% VAT remains and the UPS option shipment is not proposed.
But now if I restart from scratch a new session with immediate login before adding product to the cart, when I add a product to the cart, everything is correct. No VAT displayed and UPS shipment proposed. Please see image 3
Sounds like a bug and not a configuration issue... would you please confirm ? VAT issues are quite important and foreign customer wouldn't understand what are these 8% is automatically added to the cost of their products!
Wish you a nice week-end
Jean-Loup
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jean-loup. Reason: double attachments
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #262019
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic VAT calculation issues / Bug?
Hi,
What you're describing indeed looks like a bug where the tax change isn't taken into account for the refresh of the cart block.
I'm however not able to reproduce it on my end.
And I actually don't see the problem on your website either.
When I access your checkout after adding a product to the cart, I don't see any tax on the checkout page:
What you're describing indeed looks like a bug where the tax change isn't taken into account for the refresh of the cart block.
I'm however not able to reproduce it on my end.
And I actually don't see the problem on your website either.
When I access your checkout after adding a product to the cart, I don't see any tax on the checkout page:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jean-loup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #262040
by jean-loup
Replied by jean-loup on topic VAT calculation issues / Bug?
Hello Nicolas
I guess it is due to the geolocation. If I connect through a proxy to my website I don't have the taxes added. But connecting from Switzerland where I am always show a VAT on the summary.
I tried to change also the main zone for Europe for instance but I still have the VAT.
At least my last try was successful when I logged in with a "foreign" account, it updated the cart and added the UPS option...
So we can live with it. But it wasn't the case with 2.6.4!
Thank you for your help
JL
I guess it is due to the geolocation. If I connect through a proxy to my website I don't have the taxes added. But connecting from Switzerland where I am always show a VAT on the summary.
I tried to change also the main zone for Europe for instance but I still have the VAT.
At least my last try was successful when I logged in with a "foreign" account, it updated the cart and added the UPS option...
So we can live with it. But it wasn't the case with 2.6.4!
Thank you for your help
JL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #262057
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic VAT calculation issues / Bug?
Hi,
If you have the geolocation plugin enabled, then yes, it will take over the main tax zone of your HikaShop configuration. So if you're in Switzerland, the tax will display before being logged in.
That should also be the case with the 2.6.4.
But then it shouldn't matter since the people seeing the tax, will actually have to pay it since their address will most likely be in Switzerland.
If you have the geolocation plugin enabled, then yes, it will take over the main tax zone of your HikaShop configuration. So if you're in Switzerland, the tax will display before being logged in.
That should also be the case with the 2.6.4.
But then it shouldn't matter since the people seeing the tax, will actually have to pay it since their address will most likely be in Switzerland.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jean-loup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #262096
by jean-loup
Replied by jean-loup on topic VAT calculation issues / Bug?
Thanks Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds