Wishlist empty message
9 years 2 months ago #274450
by kyratn
Wishlist empty message was created by kyratn
-- HikaShop version -- : 1707131901
Hi,
I am not sure should it be by default but I see some issue when looking into user->my wishlist.
When you register new user and go to my wishlist page you will see message that wishlist is empty. All fine here.
However if you add anything to wishlist and delete it that message no longer appears instead you see empty table elements and so on.
I think message should be always displayed if there is nothing into wishlist and hikashop show cart form should be hidden.
As for now I have wrapped cart->show view in if statement and display my own message like this:
Not sure is this a right way so looking for advise here or some fix which should be by default....Just looking to have esthetic look in user panel.
Kind Regards
Hi,
I am not sure should it be by default but I see some issue when looking into user->my wishlist.
When you register new user and go to my wishlist page you will see message that wishlist is empty. All fine here.
However if you add anything to wishlist and delete it that message no longer appears instead you see empty table elements and so on.
I think message should be always displayed if there is nothing into wishlist and hikashop show cart form should be hidden.
As for now I have wrapped cart->show view in if statement and display my own message like this:
Code:
<?php
foreach($this->cart->products as $product) {
$number_of_items+=$product->cart_product_quantity;
}
if(($this->cart->cart_type == 'wishlist') && empty($number_of_items)) echo '<div class="alert alert-info">Your wishlist is empty.</div>';
?>
<?php if (!empty($number_of_items)) { ?>
// cart->show content here
<?php } ?>
Not sure is this a right way so looking for advise here or some fix which should be by default....Just looking to have esthetic look in user panel.
Kind Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274471
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Wishlist empty message
Hello,
I'm afraid that I don't understand your context.
But regarding the patch you made, I think that you will have some unwanted side effect like a possible duplication of messages.
Afterwards, messages should not be displayed directly like that in views ; using "alert" is bootstrap related.
Regards,
I'm afraid that I don't understand your context.
But regarding the patch you made, I think that you will have some unwanted side effect like a possible duplication of messages.
Afterwards, messages should not be displayed directly like that in views ; using "alert" is bootstrap related.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274483
by kyratn
Replied by kyratn on topic Wishlist empty message
Hi,
I will try to explain with some screenshots and steps.
1. Create new user via joomla registration or hikashop registration.
2. Go to wishlist menu item and you will see a message that wishlist is empty. All fine here. Check screenshot 1.
3. Add some product to wishlist and delete it. Screenshot 2.
4. After step 3 "wishlist empty message" will be gone and wont be displayed at all. Check screenshot 3.
So the issue I see that message only works after new user is registered and only when he has no products in wishlist. As soon as he add and delete it the wishlist message wont come up anymore.
I hope you see my point.
Thanks
I will try to explain with some screenshots and steps.
1. Create new user via joomla registration or hikashop registration.
2. Go to wishlist menu item and you will see a message that wishlist is empty. All fine here. Check screenshot 1.
3. Add some product to wishlist and delete it. Screenshot 2.
4. After step 3 "wishlist empty message" will be gone and wont be displayed at all. Check screenshot 3.
So the issue I see that message only works after new user is registered and only when he has no products in wishlist. As soon as he add and delete it the wishlist message wont come up anymore.
I hope you see my point.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274516
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Wishlist empty message
Hello,
The message is displayed while the user is redirected when you're trying to access to a view with an empty content.
I don't know what menu you're using but that's the key of your question.
Regards,
The message is displayed while the user is redirected when you're trying to access to a view with an empty content.
I don't know what menu you're using but that's the key of your question.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds