Skip to main content

NO States showing up for USA during registration?

More
15 years 4 months ago #16009 by frenzymedia
Hello,

Was testing the site and realized there are no states for the US in the registration process on this site. Haven't had a problem with that before. tried to enter states, and that didn't work either

any ideas?

thanks
bc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16023 by nicolas
Hi,

Do you see the address state field line on your address form ?
Do you have a javascript error on that page ? When you have a javascript error (in HikaShop or in any other parts of your website), the state dropdown can't be loaded dynamically by HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16029 by frenzymedia
it says STATE then * nothing else no input box shows
other countries have states listed, but not US? how would i find the error?

big thanx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16030 by nicolas
Could you give a link to your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
15 years 4 months ago #16037 by nicolas
The problem comes from your template which uses jquery without calling the noConflict function as explained there:
stackoverflow.com/questions/833883/weird...type-jquery-conflict
So it breaks the javascript on the page and thus the HikaShop javascript cannot be run properly.
You need to add that jQuery.noConflict(); code in your template's javascript after loading the jquery library in order to avoid any conflict with the joomla mootools javascript library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16038 by frenzymedia
thanks so much for the reply!
Where would i place the "jQuery.noConflict();" code in the template.js?
is there any other code i need to place?

big thanx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16039 by nicolas
Looking deeper into it, I can see that the jquery.js file of your template already has the noConflict call so it seems to come from something else. I also see that you have the error everywhere on your website:
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

You should ask your template provider about the problem. It's your template's problem and we are not specialists in that field... Let us know what he tells you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16244 by williamrock
I am having the same issue.. I switched to the default template and still get the same issue.. No State Dropdown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16245 by nicolas
Your problem is probably different. I don't see any country field on your address form. However, both fields works together. If you don't want to display the country field, you should rather hide it in CSS and not unpublish it. That will solve the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16247 by williamrock
I just have United States published in my zones and now I enabled it again so it only shows United States however all of the states are enabled in my zone area..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16249 by nicolas
Could you give a link to your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16252 by williamrock
I have an account setup for you how can I get it to you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16253 by williamrock
I was looking in the Display / View and noticed there is no State in there could that be an issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16254 by williamrock
If I post it through the Contact Page on your site will you get the email? www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16256 by williamrock
Just found this... And it shows the state included


<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.5.0
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2011 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
{address_company}
{address_title} {address_firstname} {address_lastname}
{address_street}
{address_post_code} {address_city} {address_state}
{address_country}
<?php echo JText::sprintf('TELEPHONE_IN_ADDRESS','{address_telephone}');?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16257 by nicolas
You can use our contact form yes.

That view is not related to your problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16258 by williamrock
THx.. I just sent it, I don't know if this is related but when I upgraded this started happening, once you get in I was able to complete the order form and now that state field is missing also I never got a conformation email all I am trying to do is setup a download order with a PDF..

Thx for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16260 by nicolas
You also have a problem with the jQuery library. However, the library is not included in your template but in the module "hot image slider" that you're using.
The fix is the same: stackoverflow.com/questions/833883/weird...type-jquery-conflict

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16266 by williamrock
Ok... That looks confusing..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum