- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Error when changing product code
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
When I try to change the product code of a poduct (or product variant) I get the following error:
"A product with the same code already exists
Error Saving"
Even when I change the code to somthing random like "jhg234tguy2ej" (this deffinitely does not exist since I only have 5 products added so far) I get this error.
Running Joomla debug mode doesn't help me at all.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you using the last Hikashop version?
Could you Pm us you backend acess so we can test it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give us a backend acces to see the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's just a bug we fixed in the last version.
Try to upload it and reinstall, it should save your problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
That fixed it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
So correct me if I'm wrong
1: When I go to 'categories' on my website, the 3rd sub-item in the menu is also displayed as current ( sandervanbergen.nl/tests/aquashop/ ).
I think that I might did something wrong with creating the menu item, but re-creating it won't seem to help.
2: On the product page I have a dropdown-list with characteristics. I want to remove the label in front of the list but I can't find it in the Display > Views.
The 'show_block_characteristics' view shows echo $this->characteristic->displayFE($this->element, $this->params);, but that is as far as I get.
Thank you again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1: I think that it don't come from HikaShop, but from your template. If you create another menu with not hikashop items in it, does it work fine ?
2: You can maybe use the css property "display:none;" to hide that. Try to find the class displaying the label and apply this property.
Here is a tutorial about layout customization:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Thank you for your answer.
1- It only occurs with that specific menu-item. The other 3 items under 'Categorieën' don't have the class .current. It's only 'Vijverplanten'.
The menu below it, 'Account' also has two sub-items. With this menu everything goes just fine.
2- You are right. It can be hidden using '.hikashop_product_characteristics_table td:first-child{display:none;}'.
If someone knows where I can delete it in the code please let me know since I prefer that option.
Thanks again for helping out! Great support
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. I don't know but the problem is not a hikashop problem. It's joomla which displays the menu links all by itself. Maybe it comes from the fact that Categorieën is your main menu ? Maybe you could try changing your main menu and see if that helps ?
2. Why not simply turn off the option "Display the characteristics name" in the configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
1- Hmm... I tried making another menu item the 'home' page. That didn't solve it.
I also tried deleting both menu-items and hikashop modules. I created new menu items for 'categorieën' and 'vijverplanten', and the problem is still there.. So weird :S
But if I change 'categorieën' to something else than 'Hikashop category listing' (for example: single article) the problem is gone. So it looks like it might have something to do with the Hikashop category listing (or my configuration with that).
2- Hehe, thanks
[strike]EDIT: When I unpublish the category 'vijverplanten' in Hikashop the category 'aquariumplanten' gets .current. If I unpublish that one the category 'eSHa' gets .current.
It's always the last category that gets the .current class (last # category in Hikashop product cateogy list).[/strike]
EDIT: Changed the menu-items from category to product listing. Unpublishing the categories has no effect now. However, when I unpublish the menu item 'vijverplanten' the next menu item (next in order by cat. ID) becomes .current.
This only occurs when I set the parent menu item (categorieën) to category listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you use the standard joomla menu module for that menu ? Could you try to use another one ?
Why not simply use a category listing content module of HikaShop instead ? That would avoid that problem for sure.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
- I'm using the standard module. Tried using a new (standard joomla) menu module. But that didn't fix the problem.
- I tried this at first, but the breadcrumbs didn't work as they should. Using menu items for every category fixed this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to remove the line:
$menus->setActive($submenu->itemid);
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php
That should help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1

Thanks!!!
Is there a way to override that file? Putting it in 'mytemplate/html/com_hikashop/category' doesn't seem to work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no need to. That modification will be included in next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sander.v.bergen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
! Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.