- Posts: 89
- Thank you received: 2
Text on Product Page
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #312817
by Uriel
Product Description Mass Action was created by Uriel
-- url of the page with the problem -- : synncomwebhosting.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None - N/A
Good Day,
How would I update all Product Descriptions in BULK.?
Is there a Mass Action I can create to do this and if yes - how?
So for example - I would like to add a bit of text to every Product Description :
"Please note although we have prices on Products you would need to request a Quote due to Exchange Rate."
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None - N/A
Good Day,
How would I update all Product Descriptions in BULK.?
Is there a Mass Action I can create to do this and if yes - how?
So for example - I would like to add a bit of text to every Product Description :
"Please note although we have prices on Products you would need to request a Quote due to Exchange Rate."
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Uriel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #312820
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product Description Mass Action
Hello,
Sure, you'll just have to create a mass action which will update the values of the product_description column of the product table.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Sure, you'll just have to create a mass action which will update the values of the product_description column of the product table.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #312854
by Uriel
Replied by Uriel on topic Product Description Mass Action
Hi Mohamed, thank you for your reply.
Could you please let me know in a bit more detail how to do this?
This is on a LIVE site and I can't afford to mess it up, therefor I am requesting more details please?
I am able to get to a certain point but I don't know what to add further in the Action:
Furthermore - This Action Value states "Update the Values" - Does this mean it would update the entire value and remove what is in there already? - I need it to ADD a bit of text and leave the original Product Description.
Could you please let me know in a bit more detail how to do this?
This is on a LIVE site and I can't afford to mess it up, therefor I am requesting more details please?
I am able to get to a certain point but I don't know what to add further in the Action:
Furthermore - This Action Value states "Update the Values" - Does this mean it would update the entire value and remove what is in there already? - I need it to ADD a bit of text and leave the original Product Description.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Uriel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #312860
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Description Mass Action
Hi,
Yes, this update the values action will remove what is there already.
So you add your text at the end, you can use the type "operation" instead of "int" and use a concat operation like this:
concat(product.product_description, 'my text at the end')
I would recommend to test mass actions on a copy of the website or do a backup before as mass actions can have a big impact if not configured properly or if there is a bug (you never know).
Also, if you just want to add some text below the description on the product page, I would rather recommend to edit the file show_default via the menu Display>Views and add your text at the end. It will be easier, safer and easier to change the text in the future if necessary.
Yes, this update the values action will remove what is there already.
So you add your text at the end, you can use the type "operation" instead of "int" and use a concat operation like this:
concat(product.product_description, 'my text at the end')
I would recommend to test mass actions on a copy of the website or do a backup before as mass actions can have a big impact if not configured properly or if there is a bug (you never know).
Also, if you just want to add some text below the description on the product page, I would rather recommend to edit the file show_default via the menu Display>Views and add your text at the end. It will be easier, safer and easier to change the text in the future if necessary.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #312892
by Uriel
Replied by Uriel on topic Product Description Mass Action
Hi Nicolas, Thank you for the comprehensive reply.
I like your suggestion of editing the "show-default" File....
So I am attaching the code of the file you mentioned - All I want is for each Product to state this on TOP in the Product Description :
"Please note although we have prices on Products you would need to request a Quote due to Exchange Rate."
Where in the file would I please this text?
I like your suggestion of editing the "show-default" File....
So I am attaching the code of the file you mentioned - All I want is for each Product to state this on TOP in the Product Description :
"Please note although we have prices on Products you would need to request a Quote due to Exchange Rate."
Where in the file would I please this text?
Code:
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 4.0.3
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2019 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?><div id="hikashop_product_top_part" class="hikashop_product_top_part">
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->topBegin)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->topBegin); } ?>
<h1>
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main" itemprop="name"><?php
if(hikashop_getCID('product_id') != $this->element->product_id && isset($this->element->main->product_name))
echo $this->element->main->product_name;
else
echo $this->element->product_name;
?></span>
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')) { ?>
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main" itemprop="sku"><?php
echo $this->element->product_code;
?></span>
<?php } ?>
</h1>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->topEnd)) { echo implode("\r\n", $this->element->extraData->topEnd); } ?>
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_social');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</div>
<div class="hk-row-fluid">
<div id="hikashop_product_left_part" class="hikashop_product_left_part hkc-md-6">
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->leftBegin)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->leftBegin); } ?>
<?php
$this->row =& $this->element;
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->leftEnd)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->leftEnd); } ?>
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_right_part" class="hikashop_product_right_part hkc-md-6">
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightBegin)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightBegin); } ?>
<div id="hikashop_product_vote_mini" class="hikashop_product_vote_mini"><?php
if($this->params->get('show_vote_product')) {
$js = '';
$this->params->set('vote_type', 'product');
$this->params->set('vote_ref_id', isset($this->element->main) ? (int)$this->element->main->product_id : (int)$this->element->product_id );
echo hikashop_getLayout('vote', 'mini', $this->params, $js);
}
?></div>
<span id="hikashop_product_price_main" class="hikashop_product_price_main" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Offer">
<?php
$main =& $this->element;
if(!empty($this->element->main))
$main =& $this->element->main;
if(!empty($main->product_condition)){
?>
<meta itemprop="itemCondition" itemtype="https://schema.org/OfferItemCondition" content="https://schema.org/<?php echo $main->product_condition; ?>" />
<?php
}
if($this->params->get('show_price') && (empty($this->displayVariants['prices']) || $this->params->get('characteristic_display') != 'list')) {
$this->row =& $this->element;
$this->setLayout('listing_price');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
<meta itemprop="availability" content="https://schema.org/<?php echo ($this->row->product_quantity != 0) ? 'InStock' : 'OutOfstock' ;?>" />
<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="<?php echo $this->currency->currency_code; ?>" />
<?php
}
?>
</span>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightMiddle)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightMiddle); } ?>
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_dimensions');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
<br />
<?php
if($this->params->get('characteristic_display') != 'list') {
$this->setLayout('show_block_characteristic');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
<br />
<?php } ?>
<?php
$form = ',0';
if(!$this->config->get('ajax_add_to_cart', 1)) {
$form = ',\'hikashop_product_form\'';
}
if(hikashop_level(1) && !empty ($this->element->options)) {
?>
<div id="hikashop_product_options" class="hikashop_product_options"><?php
$this->setLayout('option');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?></div>
<br />
<?php
$form = ',\'hikashop_product_form\'';
if($this->config->get('redirect_url_after_add_cart', 'stay_if_cart') == 'ask_user') {
?>
<input type="hidden" name="popup" value="1"/>
<?php
}
}
if(!$this->params->get('catalogue') && ($this->config->get('display_add_to_cart_for_free_products') || ($this->config->get('display_add_to_wishlist_for_free_products', 1) && hikashop_level(1) && $this->params->get('add_to_wishlist') && $this->config->get('enable_wishlist', 1)) || !empty($this->element->prices))) {
if(!empty($this->itemFields)) {
$form = ',\'hikashop_product_form\'';
if ($this->config->get('redirect_url_after_add_cart', 'stay_if_cart') == 'ask_user') {
?>
<input type="hidden" name="popup" value="1"/>
<?php
}
$this->setLayout('show_block_custom_item');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
}
$this->formName = $form;
if($this->params->get('show_price')) {
?>
<span id="hikashop_product_price_with_options_main" class="hikashop_product_price_with_options_main">
</span>
<?php
}
if(empty($this->element->characteristics) || $this->params->get('characteristic_display') != 'list') {
?>
<div id="hikashop_product_quantity_main" class="hikashop_product_quantity_main"><?php
$this->row =& $this->element;
$this->ajax = 'if(hikashopCheckChangeForm(\'item\',\'hikashop_product_form\')){ return hikashopModifyQuantity(\'' . (int)$this->element->product_id . '\',field,1' . $form . ',\'cart\'); } else { return false; }';
$this->setLayout('quantity');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?></div>
<?php
}
?>
<div id="hikashop_product_contact_main" class="hikashop_product_contact_main"><?php
$contact = (int)$this->config->get('product_contact', 0);
if(hikashop_level(1) && ($contact == 2 || ($contact == 1 && !empty($this->element->product_contact)))) {
$css_button = $this->config->get('css_button', 'hikabtn');
?>
<a href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('product&task=contact&cid=' . (int)$this->element->product_id . $this->url_itemid); ?>" class="<?php echo $css_button; ?>"><?php
echo JText::_('CONTACT_US_FOR_INFO');
?></a>
<?php
}
?>
</div>
<?php
if(!empty($this->fields)) {
$this->setLayout('show_block_custom_main');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
if(HIKASHOP_J30) {
$this->setLayout('show_block_tags');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
?>
<span id="hikashop_product_id_main" class="hikashop_product_id_main">
<input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="<?php echo (int)$this->element->product_id; ?>" />
</span>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightEnd)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightEnd); } ?>
</div>
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_bottom_part" class="hikashop_product_bottom_part">
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->bottomBegin)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->bottomBegin); } ?>
<span id="hikashop_product_url_main" class="hikashop_product_url_main"><?php
if(!empty($this->element->product_url)) {
echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL', '<a href="' . $this->element->product_url . '" target="_blank">' . $this->element->product_url . '</a>');
}
?></span>
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_product_files');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->bottomMiddle)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->bottomMiddle); } ?>
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->bottomEnd)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->bottomEnd); } ?>
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main" itemprop="description"><?php
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description));
?></div>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #312896
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Description Mass Action
Hi,
Well, search for "description" in that file, and you'll see that the description is displayed by this code:
So just add your text before that code.
Well, search for "description" in that file, and you'll see that the description is displayed by this code:
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main" itemprop="description"><?php
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description));
?></div>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313308
by Uriel
Replied by Uriel on topic Text on Product Page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313311
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Text on Product Page
Hi,
You can add your text before or after the line:
You can add your text before or after the line:
Code:
<?php if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightMiddle)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightMiddle); } ?>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uriel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313331
by Uriel
Replied by Uriel on topic Text on Product Page
Great! Works Perfectly - Thank you Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds