Skip to main content

Filter with SELECT as the value option

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153009 by big5hot
Hello,

First I would like to say Hikashop is very good.
I have just purchased "business edition" because I needed the use of filters. I am still learning but cannot find a solution for my case.

I have installed a filter, but instead of the option value -"all", (in the drop down), I would rather have an option value of "choose brand". I do not want "all" products/categories to be produced, just the "select-ed".

Enclosed is what I would like.

Thanks in advance....
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by big5hot. Reason: error in my text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153035 by nicolas
Hi,

You could use a translation override in order to change that text to something else:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153192 by big5hot
Thank you Nicolas,

I found and changed it to what I wanted, .. (change made in the languages) Only one thing, Is there a way to make this a "non-functional" value..?
When customers click on it, I don't want "all" the products/categories to pop-up, It would not have any function.

would appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153262 by Xavier
Hi,

If I understand correctly you just want to do nothing if the value is "Select a Brand" ?
You will actually have to edit the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filter.php" function "display()" in the class "hikashopSingledropdownClass" to change the action of the select if the value is empty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153320 by big5hot
Thank you Xavier for your response...

I am not very knowledgeable with php, can you explain a little more in detail as to what needs to be edited. ( I don't want to mess anything up).

I appreciated your added support..

Thank you guyz...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #153350 by big5hot
Hi Xavier,

I figured out how to edit the filter.php funtion. All is working just like I wanted...!'

Again Thanks for your quick respond..!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum