- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 0
Plugins
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198927
by Sapphire
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 37.0.1
I am trying to configure the Hikashop Social Media and Search plugins. Although I am publishing the plugin and completing all the parameters I am unable to see either the social buttons or the search box on the front end. Is there something I may be missing? I have attached some screen shots to show what I have done.
I appreciate your help.
UPDATE: I seem to have the social media buttons appearing now on my product pages ... is there a way to also show them on the Home page? - The search box is working I think.... but is there a need to change the CSS to make it more attractive... and is there a way of showing product images in the search? Also, is there a way to create a button on my facebook page to connect to my Hikashop store.
Thanks again.
Sue
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 37.0.1
I am trying to configure the Hikashop Social Media and Search plugins. Although I am publishing the plugin and completing all the parameters I am unable to see either the social buttons or the search box on the front end. Is there something I may be missing? I have attached some screen shots to show what I have done.
I appreciate your help.
UPDATE: I seem to have the social media buttons appearing now on my product pages ... is there a way to also show them on the Home page? - The search box is working I think.... but is there a need to change the CSS to make it more attractive... and is there a way of showing product images in the search? Also, is there a way to create a button on my facebook page to connect to my Hikashop store.
Thanks again.
Sue
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Sapphire. Reason: update
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198946
by Xavier
Hi,
Please check in the view "product / show_default" that the following lines are present:
And check that you have the view "product / show_block_social" with that content:
If you have these codes, and the hikashop social media plugin published and set up, so that must be displayed.
Regarding the search plugin, once configured with a correct itemid value, you just have to use the Joomla search module and put it where you want in the page.
Please check in the view "product / show_default" that the following lines are present:
Code:
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_social');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
Code:
<?php
//PLUGIN hikashop social
$pluginsClass = hikashop_get('class.plugins');
$plugin = $pluginsClass->getByName('system', 'hikashopsocial');
if (@ $plugin->published || @ $plugin->enabled) {
echo '{hikashop_social}';
}else{ //backward compatibility added on 31/07/2014
$plugin = $pluginsClass->getByName('content', 'hikashopsocial');
if (@ $plugin->published || @ $plugin->enabled) {
echo '{hikashop_social}';
}
}
Regarding the search plugin, once configured with a correct itemid value, you just have to use the Joomla search module and put it where you want in the page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199038
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
This documentation will give you the required details :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
This documentation will give you the required details :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #199143
by Sapphire
Sorry to come back again.
The view I have in product/show_block_social is:
Is this correct? I still don't see the social icons on my front page.
Thanks
Sue
The view I have in product/show_block_social is:
Code:
<?php
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 2.4.0
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2015 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?><?php
$pluginsClass = hikashop_get('class.plugins');
$plugin = $pluginsClass->getByName('system', 'hikashopsocial');
if (@ $plugin->published || @ $plugin->enabled) {
echo '{hikashop_social}';
}else{ //backward compatibility added on 31/07/2014
$plugin = $pluginsClass->getByName('content', 'hikashopsocial');
if (@ $plugin->published || @ $plugin->enabled) {
echo '{hikashop_social}';
}
}
Thanks
Sue
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199147
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
The content of the view is good yes.
But more than content of the view ; the feature requires a system plugin : "hikashopsocial".
You have to check that this plugin is right published (in your Joomla plugin manager).
Regards,
The content of the view is good yes.
But more than content of the view ; the feature requires a system plugin : "hikashopsocial".
You have to check that this plugin is right published (in your Joomla plugin manager).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199202
by Sapphire
Thanks for your reply. I do have the plugin hikashopsocial published. I have attached a screenshot of this. I really can't see what to do. Should I have a separate social network extension such as spshare? If so do I need to connect this with hikashop some way. I have also not found a way to show my products in search..
I appreciate your help
Sue
I appreciate your help
Sue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199248
by nicolas
Hi,
I don't see why you keep looking to that view since in your first message you said that you saw the social networks like buttons on the product pages, which is what this view does.
If you want to have social networks buttons elsewhere, you would need to use another extension for Joomla.
Regarding the search, if you don't see any products in your searches, please make sure that you configured properly and activated the Hikashop products search plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
I don't see why you keep looking to that view since in your first message you said that you saw the social networks like buttons on the product pages, which is what this view does.
If you want to have social networks buttons elsewhere, you would need to use another extension for Joomla.
Regarding the search, if you don't see any products in your searches, please make sure that you configured properly and activated the Hikashop products search plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sapphire
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds