- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
Filter field width not adapting to width
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #226604
by storeitonline
Filter field width not adapting to width was created by storeitonline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- not sure if this should go in filters, or display category --
I created some filters on custom fields, and all looked just fine.
Now decided to add another filter on 'brand' field and the filter shows. However it is not adapting its size to the widest option in the filter option list, like the other thee filters..
Where did I go wrong ?
I can't recall setting width anywhere (and can't see where I could). It looks kinda anoying like this.
Placing the filters in 1 or 4 columns does not change the behaviour. The filter for 'brand' is not wide enough....
(Attached image has both views, 1 column and 4 columns)
-- not sure if this should go in filters, or display category --
I created some filters on custom fields, and all looked just fine.
Now decided to add another filter on 'brand' field and the filter shows. However it is not adapting its size to the widest option in the filter option list, like the other thee filters..
Where did I go wrong ?
I can't recall setting width anywhere (and can't see where I could). It looks kinda anoying like this.
Placing the filters in 1 or 4 columns does not change the behaviour. The filter for 'brand' is not wide enough....
(Attached image has both views, 1 column and 4 columns)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226605
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
Hi,
Your issue is related to the "chosen" javascript library and your template CSS rules.
There is nothing special to do in HikaShop ; you can see to deactivate the "chosen" setting in the HikaShop configuration in case where you have activated it.
Regards,
Your issue is related to the "chosen" javascript library and your template CSS rules.
There is nothing special to do in HikaShop ; you can see to deactivate the "chosen" setting in the HikaShop configuration in case where you have activated it.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 8 months ago #226714
by storeitonline
Replied by storeitonline on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
I can't recall having done anything special to CSS, so don't understand the answer at this point.
In the HikaShop configuration the CSS is set to default.
So I don't see why filtering field of custom objects adapts it's width to the widest element in the list to choose from, and the filtereing field of standard product field 'brands' does not.
In the HikaShop configuration the CSS is set to default.
So I don't see why filtering field of custom objects adapts it's width to the widest element in the list to choose from, and the filtereing field of standard product field 'brands' does not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226727
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
Hi,
Please read my previous message carefully.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general
Regards,
Please read my previous message carefully.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 8 months ago #226778
by storeitonline
Replied by storeitonline on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
I don't understand that message then..... (probably my bad)
"you can see to deactivate the "chosen" setting in the HikaShop configuration"
Where can I do that ?
The link points to the image settings, but I don't have issues with an image, but with the field width of the filter itself.
It does not adapt (correctly) to the width of the fields that it shows causing a slider bar to appear inside the options listed in the filter....
"you can see to deactivate the "chosen" setting in the HikaShop configuration"
Where can I do that ?
The link points to the image settings, but I don't have issues with an image, but with the field width of the filter itself.
It does not adapt (correctly) to the width of the fields that it shows causing a slider bar to appear inside the options listed in the filter....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226792
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
Hi,
And I also gave you a link to the HikaShop configuration documentation page for the exact right part that you're looking for...
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general
Please understand that your dropdowns are not regular dropdowns but are managed by a javascript library.
We are not responsible of the display issues of that library which is provided by Joomla itself.
Regards,
You can do that in the HikaShop configuration !"you can see to deactivate the "chosen" setting in the HikaShop configuration"
Where can I do that ?
And I also gave you a link to the HikaShop configuration documentation page for the exact right part that you're looking for...
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#display_general
Please understand that your dropdowns are not regular dropdowns but are managed by a javascript library.
We are not responsible of the display issues of that library which is provided by Joomla itself.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: storeitonline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 8 months ago #226914
by storeitonline
Replied by storeitonline on topic Filter field width not adapting to width
Thanks very much, I understand it now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds