- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 3
How to implement coupon code entered by customer
12 years 9 months ago #134902
by maglott
How to implement coupon code entered by customer was created by maglott
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.mercurey-narjoux-normand.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
In your featured functions is says for coupons : "coupon codes can be entered by customers while they check-out on your shop"
Sorry, I searched in your documentation/FAQ but didn't find any clue to implement this.
Can you help me?
Merci beaucoup.
Xavier
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
In your featured functions is says for coupons : "coupon codes can be entered by customers while they check-out on your shop"
Sorry, I searched in your documentation/FAQ but didn't find any clue to implement this.
Can you help me?
Merci beaucoup.
Xavier
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #134907
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Hi,
You'll just have to add the "coupon" action through one of your checkout workflow step via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
You'll just have to add the "coupon" action through one of your checkout workflow step via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #134938
by maglott
Replied by maglott on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Thanks,
No problem for me to make discounts working, but I understand the coupon method allows the discount to be granted only when the customer insert his coupon code.
My questions are :
. where to create the coupon code in back-end ?
. how to show the input zone for that coupon code to be inserted by the customer ?
Merci beaucoup.
No problem for me to make discounts working, but I understand the coupon method allows the discount to be granted only when the customer insert his coupon code.
My questions are :
. where to create the coupon code in back-end ?
. how to show the input zone for that coupon code to be inserted by the customer ?
Merci beaucoup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #134948
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Hi,
1. You'll be able to create your coupon through "Hikashop->Orders->Discounts->New" by setting the "Type" option to Coupons, and your coupon's code through the "code" option.
2. As I told you, if you want the coupon code input to be displayed through your checkout :
1. You'll be able to create your coupon through "Hikashop->Orders->Discounts->New" by setting the "Type" option to Coupons, and your coupon's code through the "code" option.
2. As I told you, if you want the coupon code input to be displayed through your checkout :
You'll just have to add the "coupon" action through one of your checkout workflow step via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #134957
by maglott
Replied by maglott on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Many thanks for your quick reply.
<> I have implemented a coupon (code "PNoel" for 10% discount, see enclosed image "parametrage_coupon.jpg")
<> The coupon step is included in the workflow (see enclosed image "parametrage-passage-en-caisse.jpg")
<> In the front-end the 10% discount is automatically calculated, there's no input zone for typing the coupon code (see enclosed image "check-out-front-end.jpg")
I must have missed something somewhere ...
The URL of the shop is www.mercurey-narjoux-normand.com/boutique-mercurey-aligote
I can give you the administrator login in Personal Message, if needed.
Merci beaucoup.
<> I have implemented a coupon (code "PNoel" for 10% discount, see enclosed image "parametrage_coupon.jpg")
<> The coupon step is included in the workflow (see enclosed image "parametrage-passage-en-caisse.jpg")
<> In the front-end the 10% discount is automatically calculated, there's no input zone for typing the coupon code (see enclosed image "check-out-front-end.jpg")
I must have missed something somewhere ...
The URL of the shop is www.mercurey-narjoux-normand.com/boutique-mercurey-aligote
I can give you the administrator login in Personal Message, if needed.
Merci beaucoup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #134973
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Ok, so can you give me a temporary back-end through a private message ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 9 months ago #134990
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
The problem was coming from a
CSS
property of your "/templates/joomlage0065-energise/css/template.css" file :
Code:
#hikashop_checkout_coupon {
display: none;
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: maglott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135024
by maglott
Replied by maglott on topic How to implement coupon code entered by customer
Many thanks and very good idea.
Sorry I forgot to delete this useless css.
Of course it's much easier to delete the "coupon" from the worflow, I didn't realize how usefull is the worflow.
Anyway I discovered that when you test and delete your cart, you have to delete ALSO the coupon. Otherwise the coupon code is always shown and discounted on your next cart. That's why I never had an input area for the coupon (and it was discounted all the time).
There must be some technical reason.
Many thanks Mohamed for your help and quick assistance.
Sorry I forgot to delete this useless css.
Of course it's much easier to delete the "coupon" from the worflow, I didn't realize how usefull is the worflow.
Anyway I discovered that when you test and delete your cart, you have to delete ALSO the coupon. Otherwise the coupon code is always shown and discounted on your next cart. That's why I never had an input area for the coupon (and it was discounted all the time).
There must be some technical reason.
Many thanks Mohamed for your help and quick assistance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds