- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 9 months ago #136751
by jbaird8547
Wholesale pricing with existing coupons was created by jbaird8547
I have a question based on my understanding that I’ve read here in this forum.
Currently, my client is using the Essential version.
She sells products retail with a progressive discount based on quantity for which I have 3 auto-load coupons that handle this action and work well.
Now she wants to add wholesale pricing.
As I understand it, she can upgrade to the Business Edition and assign a discount based on a user group (Wholesalers) to give them special pricing.
My question is, can the retail clients get the quantity discount at the same time the wholesalers get their special pricing discount on the same items simultaneously.
I’m fuzzy on how (and even if) I can set this up, so please explain.
Thanks Again.
Currently, my client is using the Essential version.
She sells products retail with a progressive discount based on quantity for which I have 3 auto-load coupons that handle this action and work well.
Now she wants to add wholesale pricing.
As I understand it, she can upgrade to the Business Edition and assign a discount based on a user group (Wholesalers) to give them special pricing.
My question is, can the retail clients get the quantity discount at the same time the wholesalers get their special pricing discount on the same items simultaneously.
I’m fuzzy on how (and even if) I can set this up, so please explain.
Thanks Again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136791
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Sure that's not a problem with the Business edition.
You just have to restrict your coupons/discounts to the different user groups they apply to and the system will only see the ones of the user group of the current user on the checkout.
You just have to restrict your coupons/discounts to the different user groups they apply to and the system will only see the ones of the user group of the current user on the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #136911
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi Nicolas, thanks for the quick reply BUT I still am having problems with this setup-
(Yes, I purchased the business edition)
Scenario:
There are 4 auto load coupons based on quantity:
4to6 (min # set to 4) = 10% off
7to12 (min # set to 7) = 16% off
13to24 (min # set to 13) = 22% off
25to48 (min # set to 25) = 22% off
Additionally, a wholesaler group was created that was assigned under the registered group.
To that, a 44% non-auto load coupon was created and assigned to that group. It has a minimum of 24.
I created a user, assigned them to the Wholesaler Group, but when I login and add products, the retail prices apply… so I go back and make sure that the 4 auto load retail coupons are set to the Public and Registered groups… then the logged in wholesale user can input the code and get the discount of 44%, problem is, now if I log out and add a quantity (over 4), none of the retail coupons work or auto load.
I know I’m doing something wrong, could you please steer me in the right direction?
(Yes, I purchased the business edition)
Scenario:
There are 4 auto load coupons based on quantity:
4to6 (min # set to 4) = 10% off
7to12 (min # set to 7) = 16% off
13to24 (min # set to 13) = 22% off
25to48 (min # set to 25) = 22% off
Additionally, a wholesaler group was created that was assigned under the registered group.
To that, a 44% non-auto load coupon was created and assigned to that group. It has a minimum of 24.
I created a user, assigned them to the Wholesaler Group, but when I login and add products, the retail prices apply… so I go back and make sure that the 4 auto load retail coupons are set to the Public and Registered groups… then the logged in wholesale user can input the code and get the discount of 44%, problem is, now if I log out and add a quantity (over 4), none of the retail coupons work or auto load.
I know I’m doing something wrong, could you please steer me in the right direction?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136931
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi,
That's a case we didn't take into account and which really only happens rarely.
You will have to change the code:
sha1($zone_id.'_'.serialize($cart->products));
to:
sha1($zone_id.'_'.serialize($cart->products).'_'.hikashop_loadUser());
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php in order to fix the issue. Note that you have to do that change in two places in that file.
That's a case we didn't take into account and which really only happens rarely.
You will have to change the code:
sha1($zone_id.'_'.serialize($cart->products));
to:
sha1($zone_id.'_'.serialize($cart->products).'_'.hikashop_loadUser());
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php in order to fix the issue. Note that you have to do that change in two places in that file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #137048
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Sorry Nicolas- That didn't change the problem but only created another where the minimum quantity for wholesalers doesn't work. The problem remains.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #137599
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
... still no solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #138071
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Impossible? Possible?
...please reply
...please reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #138302
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi,
It is of course possible. It should work like that.
I've done some tests to replicate the issue and it seems to not work because of a bug with the minimum quantity restriction of coupons not being enforced properly if you don't select a category in the coupon.
Replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/discount.php with the one in the archive enclosed and that should help.
It is of course possible. It should work like that.
I've done some tests to replicate the issue and it seems to not work because of a bug with the minimum quantity restriction of coupons not being enforced properly if you don't select a category in the coupon.
Replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/discount.php with the one in the archive enclosed and that should help.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #139187
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi Nicolas,
I thought at first this cured the issue but upon further testing it still has problems:
If an item is selected in the detail view and the quantity is adjusted to, say 13, the system defaults to the first discount- 4to6. Clearing the discount coupon code will resolve the issue, loading the proper discount, but this is unexpected and my client wants it resolved.
I know you're going out of your way on this one and yes, I really appreciate your dedication to your craft and thank you in advance for help on this issue.
I thought at first this cured the issue but upon further testing it still has problems:
If an item is selected in the detail view and the quantity is adjusted to, say 13, the system defaults to the first discount- 4to6. Clearing the discount coupon code will resolve the issue, loading the proper discount, but this is unexpected and my client wants it resolved.
I know you're going out of your way on this one and yes, I really appreciate your dedication to your craft and thank you in advance for help on this issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jbaird8547
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #143840
by jbaird8547
Replied by jbaird8547 on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi Again,
Do you plan on resolving this issue?
-my client keeps asking...
Do you plan on resolving this issue?
-my client keeps asking...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #143883
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Wholesale pricing with existing coupons
Hi there,
I did some testing with the last version on a test site and it works fine.
Could you download the 2.3.0 on our site and tell me if you still have this issue?
I did some testing with the last version on a test site and it works fine.
Could you download the 2.3.0 on our site and tell me if you still have this issue?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds