- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 2
"Override discounted products"
12 years 4 months ago #157947
by drmad
"Override discounted products" was created by drmad
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 / 1.4.1
Hi team,
I don't quite understand how the option "Override discounted products" works under "Coupon handling of discounted product".
This is the example:
- GST for the zone 5%
- Item A is excluded for GST
- Price of Product A = $1500
- Discount for Item A = 10%
- discounted price for item A = $1350 ($150 off for 10% discount)
Apply a coupon code ABCDEF for 20% off for any products.
if "Coupon handling of discounted product"="Default behavior":
Final price = $1350 x 0.8 = $1080 , I understand this
if "Coupon handling of discounted product"="Override discounted products":
Final price = $1350 - ($120) = $1230 ???
I don't quite understand how could that be? Why the discount is $120? based on what base amount to apply the discount?
p.s. I try to apply the 5% just in case there are any bug to put back the tax for the calculation , I still cannot get the value.
Please advise how does it for the "Override discounted products" calculation?
I have one more question, I don't quite understand what is the usage for "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option. Can you explain a bit details with example. Thanks a lot~
Best regards,
Hi team,
I don't quite understand how the option "Override discounted products" works under "Coupon handling of discounted product".
This is the example:
- GST for the zone 5%
- Item A is excluded for GST
- Price of Product A = $1500
- Discount for Item A = 10%
- discounted price for item A = $1350 ($150 off for 10% discount)
Apply a coupon code ABCDEF for 20% off for any products.
if "Coupon handling of discounted product"="Default behavior":
Final price = $1350 x 0.8 = $1080 , I understand this
if "Coupon handling of discounted product"="Override discounted products":
Final price = $1350 - ($120) = $1230 ???
I don't quite understand how could that be? Why the discount is $120? based on what base amount to apply the discount?
p.s. I try to apply the 5% just in case there are any bug to put back the tax for the calculation , I still cannot get the value.
Please advise how does it for the "Override discounted products" calculation?
I have one more question, I don't quite understand what is the usage for "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option. Can you explain a bit details with example. Thanks a lot~
Best regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158174
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic "Override discounted products"
Hi,
The option "override discounted products" for the coupon means that if a product have a discount (using a discount, not a coupon), the coupon will remove the classical discount before applying his own discount.
Regards,
The option "override discounted products" for the coupon means that if a product have a discount (using a discount, not a coupon), the coupon will remove the classical discount before applying his own discount.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158181
by drmad
Replied by drmad on topic "Override discounted products"
Hi Jerome,
Thanks, may I clarify that the calculation will be:
Original Price : $1500
Discount 10%: $1500 x 10% = $150
Override coupon applied to the discount (20%): $150 x (1-20%) = $120
Is that the reason the final discounted price will be $1500 -$150 - $120 = $1230?
My second question is: what is the usage for "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option?
Thanks.
Thanks, may I clarify that the calculation will be:
Original Price : $1500
Discount 10%: $1500 x 10% = $150
Override coupon applied to the discount (20%): $150 x (1-20%) = $120
Is that the reason the final discounted price will be $1500 -$150 - $120 = $1230?
My second question is: what is the usage for "Coupon percentage applies to product only" option?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158686
by drmad
Replied by drmad on topic "Override discounted products"
Hi team,
not sure if the Joomla week still go on?
Is someone know what is the usage of "Coupon percentage applies to product only" inside the discount section?
Further, please confirm my calculation is correct. Thanks.
not sure if the Joomla week still go on?
Is someone know what is the usage of "Coupon percentage applies to product only" inside the discount section?
Further, please confirm my calculation is correct. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159921
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic "Override discounted products"
Hi,
Yes your calculation is correct, the coupon percentage applies to product only allow to apply the coupon only on products and not on the shipping fees, etc.
Yes your calculation is correct, the coupon percentage applies to product only allow to apply the coupon only on products and not on the shipping fees, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds