- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Buy two products for £15....
- kevinbrown
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #158785
by kevinbrown
Buy two products for £15.... was created by kevinbrown
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.goldplatedhair.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
My customer would like to sell two products from the same category for £15. Normal price is £8.99.
I can setup an auto-coupon with a minimum qty of 2, which works fine... BUT if I put 4 items in the basket, i'd expect the coupon to be applied twice - but it only applies once.
I imagine its probably some sort of loop in the PHP code that needs amending, but wouldnt know where to start.
Do you know of a way I can do this?
Thanks
Kev
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
My customer would like to sell two products from the same category for £15. Normal price is £8.99.
I can setup an auto-coupon with a minimum qty of 2, which works fine... BUT if I put 4 items in the basket, i'd expect the coupon to be applied twice - but it only applies once.
I imagine its probably some sort of loop in the PHP code that needs amending, but wouldnt know where to start.
Do you know of a way I can do this?
Thanks
Kev
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158793
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Buy two products for £15....
Hi,
What can be done is to create another coupon with other restrictions related on the desired use case.
This way, the higher coupon available will be loaded.
So if 2 products, first coupon loaded, and when adding 2 more products the second coupon will be loaded instead of the first one.
What can be done is to create another coupon with other restrictions related on the desired use case.
This way, the higher coupon available will be loaded.
So if 2 products, first coupon loaded, and when adding 2 more products the second coupon will be loaded instead of the first one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kevinbrown
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #158911
by kevinbrown
Replied by kevinbrown on topic Buy two products for £15....
Ok yeah that sounds feasible. Its a pretty dirty method though. Are there plans to improve this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kevinbrown
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #158916
by kevinbrown
Replied by kevinbrown on topic Buy two products for £15....
So I have just tried to implement it, I was hoping it would be able to stack the different coupons that you suggested.
However, the first stumbling block was the coupons all need unique names! So I have had to create three separate coupons:
2 for £15
4 for £30
6 for £45
I added 2 items to the cart, and it used the first coupon. I added another 2 and it changed to "4 for £30" (which is not really the name of the promotion, but i'll work with it if I need to) which is expected. I didnt have enough stock to add another 2, so I ended up adding 5 of another item.
As you can see below, having 5 of the two different items in the basket doesnt work. The items are both from the same category, and the coupons are all for that specific category.
screencast.com/t/jFhRYAfZIW
I have seen AWOCoupon will plugin and support the functionality we need, but i'm not sure its fair to advise my customer to pay for another plugin when this is a really basic fundamental requirement for an online shop?
However, the first stumbling block was the coupons all need unique names! So I have had to create three separate coupons:
2 for £15
4 for £30
6 for £45
I added 2 items to the cart, and it used the first coupon. I added another 2 and it changed to "4 for £30" (which is not really the name of the promotion, but i'll work with it if I need to) which is expected. I didnt have enough stock to add another 2, so I ended up adding 5 of another item.
As you can see below, having 5 of the two different items in the basket doesnt work. The items are both from the same category, and the coupons are all for that specific category.
screencast.com/t/jFhRYAfZIW
I have seen AWOCoupon will plugin and support the functionality we need, but i'm not sure its fair to advise my customer to pay for another plugin when this is a really basic fundamental requirement for an online shop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Buy two products for £15....
You are probably experiencing that bug:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...orrectly.html#158811
Please apply the patch provided there and that should fix the problem.
If you want to use AWOCoupon, no problem on that from our end. It depends on your needs.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...orrectly.html#158811
Please apply the patch provided there and that should fix the problem.
If you want to use AWOCoupon, no problem on that from our end. It depends on your needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinbrown
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kevinbrown
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #159105
by kevinbrown
Replied by kevinbrown on topic Buy two products for £15....
Thats great thank you - its certainly a step forward. 
I have 15 items in the cart in total. So not only should it apply the 6 for £45, it should also add the smaller coupons?
2 for £15
4 for £30
6 for £45
In theory, these three coupons should account for 12 items in the shopping cart.
In fact, in an ideal world, the "2 for £15" coupon should be applied 7 times, to account for 14 out of the 15 items in the cart.
Can it be tweaked to stack the coupons?
Or do I need to create dozens of iterations of coupons? ie
8 for £nn
10 for £nn
12 for £nn
14 for £nn
and so on....
If I have to create loads of coupons, can we at least remove the requirement for the Title of the coupon to be Unique? If I could call ALL of them "2 for £15"...
I appreciate the feedback so far
Many thanks
Kev
I have 15 items in the cart in total. So not only should it apply the 6 for £45, it should also add the smaller coupons?
2 for £15
4 for £30
6 for £45
In theory, these three coupons should account for 12 items in the shopping cart.
In fact, in an ideal world, the "2 for £15" coupon should be applied 7 times, to account for 14 out of the 15 items in the cart.
Can it be tweaked to stack the coupons?
Or do I need to create dozens of iterations of coupons? ie
8 for £nn
10 for £nn
12 for £nn
14 for £nn
and so on....
If I have to create loads of coupons, can we at least remove the requirement for the Title of the coupon to be Unique? If I could call ALL of them "2 for £15"...
I appreciate the feedback so far
Many thanks
Kev
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159126
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Buy two products for £15....
Hi,
Only one coupon is possible per order for now in HikaShop.
Supporting multiple coupons is on our todo list for the future but not in the short term.
It's not possible to remove the unique on the coupon code. If you remove it the system will always pick the first one as the system bases itself on the coupon code in order to know which one to load.
Only one coupon is possible per order for now in HikaShop.
Supporting multiple coupons is on our todo list for the future but not in the short term.
It's not possible to remove the unique on the coupon code. If you remove it the system will always pick the first one as the system bases itself on the coupon code in order to know which one to load.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kevinbrown
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #159206
by kevinbrown
Replied by kevinbrown on topic Buy two products for £15....
Oh, thats a shame. 
The unique title could be disabled, and you could use the ID number as the unique reference. At the end of the day the title is just a label.
Could you point me in the direction of the file that needs editing to remove this check?
The unique title could be disabled, and you could use the ID number as the unique reference. At the end of the day the title is just a label.
Could you point me in the direction of the file that needs editing to remove this check?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159213
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Buy two products for £15....
Hi,
Basically you need to change all the code which uses the column cart_coupon of the hikashop_cart table.
I had a quick look at the code and apparently, all the code is located in the administrator/compnonents/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php on several places.
Basically you need to change all the code which uses the column cart_coupon of the hikashop_cart table.
I had a quick look at the code and apparently, all the code is located in the administrator/compnonents/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php on several places.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds