- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 1
Automatic coupon on a per-order basis
- stephanie.pomerleau
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 3 months ago #242334
by stephanie.pomerleau
Automatic coupon on a per-order basis was created by stephanie.pomerleau
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : (no error)
Hi-
I have a customer who would like to automate coupon creation on a per-order basis.
That is, the first customer who places an order gets a coupon, then the 25th order placed, that customer gets a coupon, and every order that is a multiple of 25, the customer who places it gets a coupon.
Is there any way to automatically create a coupon on a per-order basis? I don't think that it needs to be applied to the order in progress, but a coupon or discount that can be used on a future purchase.
Thanks!
Stephanie
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : (no error)
Hi-
I have a customer who would like to automate coupon creation on a per-order basis.
That is, the first customer who places an order gets a coupon, then the 25th order placed, that customer gets a coupon, and every order that is a multiple of 25, the customer who places it gets a coupon.
Is there any way to automatically create a coupon on a per-order basis? I don't think that it needs to be applied to the order in progress, but a coupon or discount that can be used on a future purchase.
Thanks!
Stephanie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242376
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Automatic coupon on a per-order basis
Hi,
The question is how are you gonna tell the customer that he can use that coupon code ?
I think that what you want to use for that is AcyMailing.
There, you can do two things:
1. Create a newsletter with a HikaShop coupon tag so that HikaShop generates a coupon code and adds it to the email sent each time the email is sent. That's possible with the integration plugin we have made between HikaShop and AcyMailing.
2. Create an AcyMailing mass action with a trigger "after an order is confirmed", a filter to get the email address of the customer last confirmed order if its order_id is a multiple of 25 ( with a MySQL query and this filter www.acyba.com/acymailing/309-acymailing-...universalfilter.html )
and an action to send that newsletter to the customer's email address.
The question is how are you gonna tell the customer that he can use that coupon code ?
I think that what you want to use for that is AcyMailing.
There, you can do two things:
1. Create a newsletter with a HikaShop coupon tag so that HikaShop generates a coupon code and adds it to the email sent each time the email is sent. That's possible with the integration plugin we have made between HikaShop and AcyMailing.
2. Create an AcyMailing mass action with a trigger "after an order is confirmed", a filter to get the email address of the customer last confirmed order if its order_id is a multiple of 25 ( with a MySQL query and this filter www.acyba.com/acymailing/309-acymailing-...universalfilter.html )
and an action to send that newsletter to the customer's email address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stephanie.pomerleau
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #242477
by stephanie.pomerleau
Replied by stephanie.pomerleau on topic Automatic coupon on a per-order basis
Hi Nicolas,
I find this very interesting as an option, and would answer my customer's need to reward customers based on the total number of orders the store receives.
All I would need is the AcyMailing Entreprise version to be able to do that?
I am understanding that I need to set up both steps, where the first one is setting up the actual email containing the coupon, and then step 2 is the trigger that sends out the email (created in step 1) to the correct recipient.
--> is this correct?
Reading from this page ( www.acyba.com/acymailing/161-acymailing-...hikashop.html#coupon ), it says it can "generate a coupon per receiver in a newsletter " - does this mean that the coupon is restricted so that only that particular user can redeem the coupon? This would be the behaviour I am looking for.
Thanks!
Stephanie
I find this very interesting as an option, and would answer my customer's need to reward customers based on the total number of orders the store receives.
All I would need is the AcyMailing Entreprise version to be able to do that?
I am understanding that I need to set up both steps, where the first one is setting up the actual email containing the coupon, and then step 2 is the trigger that sends out the email (created in step 1) to the correct recipient.
--> is this correct?
Reading from this page ( www.acyba.com/acymailing/161-acymailing-...hikashop.html#coupon ), it says it can "generate a coupon per receiver in a newsletter " - does this mean that the coupon is restricted so that only that particular user can redeem the coupon? This would be the behaviour I am looking for.
Thanks!
Stephanie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242518
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Automatic coupon on a per-order basis
Hi,
1. Yes, that would require AcyMailing Enterprise. I would however recommend to first check with the AcyMailing support that they can confirm that what I said is really possible with their mass action system.
2. That's correct.
3. It's not restricted to that user. However, everyone would get a different coupon code which could be used only once. So in that respect, it is kind of limited to that customer.
1. Yes, that would require AcyMailing Enterprise. I would however recommend to first check with the AcyMailing support that they can confirm that what I said is really possible with their mass action system.
2. That's correct.
3. It's not restricted to that user. However, everyone would get a different coupon code which could be used only once. So in that respect, it is kind of limited to that customer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds