Skip to main content

How to Make Coupon Apply to Multiples of the Same Product

More
8 years 7 months ago #288407 by YACOps
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5

Hi,

How can I make a coupon apply to multiples of the same product? For example, I'm selling tickets, and I want the coupon code to take $5 off of each ticket. I've limited the coupon to the product in question, but when I enter the code, it only takes $5 off the total regardless of the number of tickets (or products) I have in the cart.

Any way to make this work?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #288466 by nicolas
Hi,

A coupon applies to the whole cart, not to a product.
So if you set a fixed value it in, it's for the whole cart.
Similarily if you set a percentage value, it's for the whole cart.
Also, if you activate also the "Coupon percentage applies to product only" setting of the coupon, then the percentage value of the coupon will only apply on the products for which the coupon is restricted with the products/categories settings.
So suppose that your product costs $50. You could configure your coupon to be 10% with that "Coupon percentage applies to product only" setting activated and the coupon restricted to your product.
That way, if you had 1 quantity of that product in the cart, the coupon would give you $5. If you had 2 quantity of it, it would give you $10, etc, and other products in the cart wouldn't be taken into account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #288548 by YACOps
Thank you! The percentage discount will work for some situations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum