- Posts: 224
- Thank you received: 8
Conflict between discounts and coupons
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #299349
by oloccina
Conflict between discounts and coupons was created by oloccina
Hello,
I have a fixed discount of 20% for all users in a certain user group XYZ
I also have a 30% discount COUPON for a certain product that gets send out via email from time to time
This coupon is set to not be applied to already discounted products
The problem is that when a user from the group XYZ tries to use the 30% COUPON; the COUPON doesn't work because he already sees the product discounted of 20% (because of the fixed discount he has)
But of course he wants the 30% discount, and this requires manual action.
I wonder if there is any way around this, given that I need to keep in place the fixed discount for that user group as well as the coupons with the rule to no be applied to already discounted products?
The only solution I see is to create custom coupon for that user group XYZ which can also be applied to discounted products, and then send separate marketing email to those group only... but this not very doable at the moment
The best technical solution would be to have an option to disable the fixed discount whenever a user inserts a COUPON code, so that the 2 don't get summed up but the user can still utilize a coupon code if he wants to.
Thank you
I have a fixed discount of 20% for all users in a certain user group XYZ
I also have a 30% discount COUPON for a certain product that gets send out via email from time to time
This coupon is set to not be applied to already discounted products
The problem is that when a user from the group XYZ tries to use the 30% COUPON; the COUPON doesn't work because he already sees the product discounted of 20% (because of the fixed discount he has)
But of course he wants the 30% discount, and this requires manual action.
I wonder if there is any way around this, given that I need to keep in place the fixed discount for that user group as well as the coupons with the rule to no be applied to already discounted products?
The only solution I see is to create custom coupon for that user group XYZ which can also be applied to discounted products, and then send separate marketing email to those group only... but this not very doable at the moment
The best technical solution would be to have an option to disable the fixed discount whenever a user inserts a COUPON code, so that the 2 don't get summed up but the user can still utilize a coupon code if he wants to.
Thank you
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by oloccina.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #299351
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Conflict between discounts and coupons
Hi,
Why not simply change the "coupon behavior" setting of the coupon to "override discounted products" ? That way, when someone uses a coupon on an already discounted product, the coupon value will only be the difference of the coupon value minus the discount value.
Why not simply change the "coupon behavior" setting of the coupon to "override discounted products" ? That way, when someone uses a coupon on an already discounted product, the coupon value will only be the difference of the coupon value minus the discount value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #299364
by oloccina
Replied by oloccina on topic Conflict between discounts and coupons
Thanks, I had completely missed that setting!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds