- Posts: 224
- Thank you received: 8
Discount and coupon conflicting together?
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #312251
by oloccina
Discount and coupon conflicting together? was created by oloccina
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
Hello,
I have a default discount of 20% set in place for a certain user group
Now I have set a coupon code with 30% discount for a product
When I set the coupon code to "override discounted products" this is what I see in the cart when I apply it
29,60 € -20%
Coupon code -1,48 €
Total 28,12 €
Not sure what's happening,
I am testing with a user which has the 20% fixed discount I was talking about
=====
When I set the coupon with "standard behavior" this is what I see instead
29,60 € -20%
Coupon code -8,88 €
Total 20,72 €
basically now the product is being discounted of 20% and then another 30% discount is being applied because of the coupon code used
=====
Instead this is what I was expecting to happen
The product normal cost is 37 €
The user default discount of 20% is being overwritten whne using the coupon code
Product cost 37 €
29,60 € -20% (this is being overwritten by the coupon code setting)
Coupon code -11,1 €
Total 25,90 €
Any idea how to achieve the above example?
thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
Hello,
I have a default discount of 20% set in place for a certain user group
Now I have set a coupon code with 30% discount for a product
When I set the coupon code to "override discounted products" this is what I see in the cart when I apply it
29,60 € -20%
Coupon code -1,48 €
Total 28,12 €
Not sure what's happening,
I am testing with a user which has the 20% fixed discount I was talking about
=====
When I set the coupon with "standard behavior" this is what I see instead
29,60 € -20%
Coupon code -8,88 €
Total 20,72 €
basically now the product is being discounted of 20% and then another 30% discount is being applied because of the coupon code used
=====
Instead this is what I was expecting to happen
The product normal cost is 37 €
The user default discount of 20% is being overwritten whne using the coupon code
Product cost 37 €
29,60 € -20% (this is being overwritten by the coupon code setting)
Coupon code -11,1 €
Total 25,90 €
Any idea how to achieve the above example?
thank you
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by oloccina.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #312257
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount and coupon conflicting together?
Hi,
When you set the behavior to "override discounted products", the coupon value will be what's left of the value of the coupon after taking into account the discount.
So your discount value is: 37 - 29.6 = 7.4€
The normal behavior coupon value is: 8.88 €
So the "override discounted products" value of the coupon will be: 8.88 - 7.4 = 1.48 €
The "ignore discounted products" won't help either since that will give you a value of 0 as the product already has a discount.
I'm afraid that the rule you want to enforce cannot be setup with the options available. You would have to develop a hikashop plugin implementing the coupon/discount API in order to change the behavior of the system to match your needs.
When you set the behavior to "override discounted products", the coupon value will be what's left of the value of the coupon after taking into account the discount.
So your discount value is: 37 - 29.6 = 7.4€
The normal behavior coupon value is: 8.88 €
So the "override discounted products" value of the coupon will be: 8.88 - 7.4 = 1.48 €
The "ignore discounted products" won't help either since that will give you a value of 0 as the product already has a discount.
I'm afraid that the rule you want to enforce cannot be setup with the options available. You would have to develop a hikashop plugin implementing the coupon/discount API in order to change the behavior of the system to match your needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #312311
by oloccina
Replied by oloccina on topic Discount and coupon conflicting together?
Thank you, I understand
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds