Skip to main content

www.RicksRC.com

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #15186 by hdracing
www.RicksRC.com was created by hdracing
Here is my latest attempt at using HikaShop for an e-commerce website. www.RicksRC.com is currently using the Starter version with the shopping cart turned off (catalog mode). Once the client has reviewed all product prices, configured taxes, shipping and payment systems the cart will be turned back on. Currently we have a number of model cars/trucks and accessories cataloged, but will be adding several thousand replacement parts during the next phase of development. Comments welcome!

[img


Regards,
Ed
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by hdracing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #15188 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
That's really nice :)

Do you have some advice on the products ?
I got interested and read a bit on the products. Do you know the differences between nitro and electric ( speed, number of hours before the fuel tank or the batteries cell run out ) ? I couldn't find that info on the website so, as a novice in RC, I'm a bit lost as to which model I would choose.
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #15192 by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Thanks for the comment Nicolas!

I'm certainly no expert on RC cars but have learned a lot while building this website and talking to local guys that race them. Runtime on any of them is measured in minutes, not hours, and from what I've been told, is about the same for electric or nitro (15 minutes more or less depending on how hard you drive it). The higher-end electrics are faster and quicker than nitro, and seem to be the preferred power source for serious racers these days. But from a novice perspective, they are ALL way faster than my ability to control. With nitro, you just fill the tank and off you go, no hassle with charging batteries all the time.

Personally, I own the Slayer Pro 4X4, which is Nitro powered and out-of-the-box has an advertised top speed of 45mph. Not all that fast you might think, but at 1/10 scale, that is a little like driving down the road at 450mph! Some of the electrics advertise speeds in excess of 70mph stock and close to 100 with some tweaking!

I guess the main disadvantage (some would say) with nitro is they require tuning of the engine with changes in weather and altitude and they have more parts to tinker with, but for me, that was part of the attraction. I'm sure at some point down the road I may own more of these things and electric power will probably be in the mix, but right now, I'm just trying to remember which way to turn the wheel when it's coming at me!

You better get one and see what it's all about! Lots of Fun!

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #15194 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Thank you for your explanation. That helps a lot.
Now, I just need to find some time to be able to play with that :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15892 by niqui
Replied by niqui on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Hi,

Nice website.

I was wondering how you make the product page look like that, with the tabs (especially the specs).

Greets, Niqui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15905 by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Hello Niqui,

Thanks for the comment!

There are a number of Joomla plugins for creating tabs in articles, just search the JED for "tabs". I used Tabs & Slides from Joomlaworks on this site. Slides were used on the Download tab of many of the products although not all products have that tab at this point.

I'm not sure which Specs tab you were talking about. All product information on this site came directly from the manufacturers website (with permission) and for the specs, they used a table styled with CSS. On some of the earlier products entered I used an unstyled table and on later ones I simply did a screen grab from the manufacturers website and inserted the image on the page. Those are probably the ones you asked about. The same effect could be done using a table with CSS, and I may go back and do that later to speed up page load times, but for now, we just wanted to get the site online in a hurry.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17409 by MatthewSchenker
Replied by MatthewSchenker on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Ed,
I'm also interested in implementing tabs inside HikaShop. I want to do something similar for my product pages, where I display additional images, related products, details, and some other material inside tabs.

I currently use Tabber by NoNumber. Generally, is it straightforward to integrate something like this into HikaShop pages?

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17410 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Using tabs in HikaShop's products description is really easy. You just have to use the tabs tags in the description of your products and have the tabs plugin published. For Tabber, it's explained on their documentation:
{tab=Tab Title 1}
Your text...
{tab=Tab Title 2}
Your text...
{/tabs}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17444 by MatthewSchenker
Replied by MatthewSchenker on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply. I use Tabber all the time and like it a lot. But I'd like to put HikaShop related items or product galleries into it.

Does the new version let us plug HikaShop elements into Tabber like that?

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17445 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
You could already do that with previous versions of HikaShop.
You need to use the load position plugin for that:
- create your module and set it in a special position X of your template which is not displayed in your template.
- publish the load position plugin
- in the description have something like that:
{tab=Tab Title 1}
{loadposition X}
{tab=Tab Title 2}
Your text...
{/tabs}

docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17446 by MatthewSchenker
Replied by MatthewSchenker on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Nicolas,
For some reason, I didn't realize I could just do this with HikaShop. Being able to just integrate existing Joomla modules into HikaShop is terrific.

I'm just now beginning to migrate my existing cart pages into HikaShop, so still discovering simple things.

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24069 by plantpotphil
Replied by plantpotphil on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Awesome design Ed!

And thanks for all the info on tabs in Hikashop guys, definately going to give that a shot.

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24460 by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Thanks for the comment plantpotphil and sorry I took so long to respond. I haven't been to the forum in a while and it's a chore to get caught up with all that has changed. One of these days I'll update my sites to the the latest Hikashop version, but both this one and www.HighDesertVideo.com are working well for my purposes on earlier releases. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Hikashop has proven to be a great product with the best support anyone could expect! Thanks Nicolas and crew!

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25229 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Nice site! Colors are in harmony. What plugin do you use in Contact Us link? Where it shows the phone number?

CCENT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25369 by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Thanks for the feedback Olsen.

This site uses the Joomla Contact Component that is included with the default Joomla 1.5.x installation. I often use the Contact Enhanced Component by Douglas Machado on sites, but for reasons I can't recall right now, chose to use the built-in Joomla component on this one.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25371 by Spacehangout
Replied by Spacehangout on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Out of curiosity what plugin are u using to get that really great output..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25438 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Cheers! Creating websites are fun and less headache these days. Plus great output.

@Spacehangout- it's Joomla Contact Component

CCENT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61577 by gmedia
Replied by gmedia on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Hey Nicolas!

I would like to do tabs as well, but more of an automatic thing for products. I mean, we load the product information, and the tabs are automatically filled in. It would be great if there were a tab for Details, Downloads, Reviews and possible the ability for custom tabs.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61713 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: www.RicksRC.com
Hi,

Here is a thread which explains how to do that using tabber :
www.hikashop.com/ja/forum/4-how-to/52260...on-product-page.html

Tabber can be found here:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../articles-tabs/14493

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum