My first project with Hikashop
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #86936
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
My first project with Hikashop was created by gasoline
Online since a few months. Still needs some work. Men's clothing. Made with Hikashop Business and Joomla 2.5.x
www.gcmstores.com
I'm working on a second store right now. Hope that will be launched in a couple of months.
www.gcmstores.com
I'm working on a second store right now. Hope that will be launched in a couple of months.
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by gasoline. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87016
by tjharvey
I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help
Replied by tjharvey on topic My first project with Hikashop
That looks brilliant, looks like a really nicely designed site, however one thing i can suggest is your social stuff, try add google+, it helps you in search rankings (which makes sense a google likes google)
I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help
The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87059
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic My first project with Hikashop
I will discuss this with my client. But as you know, they are not always up to these things.
I'll keep on trying!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87068
by protorob
Replied by protorob on topic My first project with Hikashop
Really awesome your hikashop.css file.
How much time did it takes you to finish the website, from start to finish?
How much time did it takes you to finish the website, from start to finish?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #87076
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic My first project with Hikashop
I don't know exactly, but excluding design (someone else) and adding products and including making templates and css files, configuration etc. I assume 80 - 100 hours.
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by gasoline. Reason: Typo's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87080
by protorob
Replied by protorob on topic My first project with Hikashop
Good, I'm sort of stuck in the product adding part, templating is way more enjoyable...
Congrats, you did a great job in this website.
I think that your hikashop.css should be the default one in the hikashop installation. Is a great starting point. I'm learning a lot from it.
Congrats, you did a great job in this website.
I think that your hikashop.css should be the default one in the hikashop installation. Is a great starting point. I'm learning a lot from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87082
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic My first project with Hikashop
I must say, I had a lot of questions and posted them here on the forum. The people from Hikashop are very quick with answering them.
I'll keep on trying!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87083
by protorob
Replied by protorob on topic My first project with Hikashop
Yes, the community here is really active.
-I have a couple of questions about your website (i have to admit that i really like the simplicity), how did you control the left menu, does the menu items auto generate from your hs categories or do you created them one by one?
If they're been auto generated, how do you do that?
Thanks in advance
-I have a couple of questions about your website (i have to admit that i really like the simplicity), how did you control the left menu, does the menu items auto generate from your hs categories or do you created them one by one?
If they're been auto generated, how do you do that?
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87084
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic My first project with Hikashop
Not automatic. Made one by one. That are all the little things that make it a time consuming project. :woohoo:
I'll keep on trying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: protorob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87086
by protorob
Replied by protorob on topic My first project with Hikashop
Agrrr... I know what you mean, this fact of creating all the menus one by one is really annoying, i was thinking to use something like this:
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions-acc...kashop?view=document
but i'm not sure if it actually solves or add complications.
Thanks and good bye, hope to see you around in the future.
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions-acc...kashop?view=document
but i'm not sure if it actually solves or add complications.
Thanks and good bye, hope to see you around in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds