Filters that changes depending of your selection

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 7 months ago #277627

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3..7.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hope someone could help me, i been trying for days and i just cant get this working, and i have to present some advances to my client this week.

I need three filters that, depending of what you choose, the options of the rest of the filters change. For example, if you choose Dodge, then the other filter need to show only the car models of the dodge brand.

Maybe it is something easy, but i just can get this working properly, thank you so much in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 7 months ago #277634

Hi,

You need to turn on the "dynamic display" setting of your filters and the auto submit option.
That way, when you select something in a filter, the other filters' values will only be the ones of the products filtered by the filter you used.
You can read more about the filter options here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: melisari

6 years 7 months ago #277711

Yes! i know, i got the filters that way... but i am missing something in the way i organized the products because, for example, i got one product that is usefull for a chrysler and a dodge car. The product has sebring and stratus. When someone pick dodge, i would like the next filter only show stratus, but im doing something wrong because still i can see sebring option and stratus option.

Maybe im asking a lot but im totally clueless of how to organize the categories so i can get this work :(

6 years 7 months ago #277716

Hi,

Well, I don't know how you configured your filters, your categories or your products precisely, so all I can say is from what I can see on your frontend and it seems to me that the product "rt-513138" has only the "modelo" "sebring" selected for it.
If that's not the case, please provide screenshots of the settings of all the different elements involved so that we can get a better understanding of the situation.

6 years 7 months ago #277735

Oh sorry i been erasing and trying again a lot of times and right now i am making tests with only that product. The issue is, for example, that only product, is dodge and chrysler too, because is usefull for sebring and stratus car. But if a customer use the filter, i want him to see, if he select dodge, in the next filter stratus, and if he select chrysler, i would like appear only sebring.

In my first attempt, i set 2 categories: Brand and Model, so its when i first notice that some products are usefull for 2 or three brands and the second filter didnt discriminate like the client wanted to. So, i put the models inside the brands category... and is where i am now, but still in the product i have sebring and stratus in the same product and is the same problem.

Right now im trying with custom fields, but is like the same, because inside the product i have to set it with sebring and stratus so, is the same what ever i try.

I know it must be a way to get this work, because there are other sites that have this working, but im just too dumb i dont know how to do it.

Here is this site, for example:

www.masrefacciones.mx/

Thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it that you are taking the time.

6 years 7 months ago #277789

Hi,

Normally, to do a filtering system with three dropdowns "brand", "model", "year", you do it like that:
1. You create three custom fields of the type "product".
2. In each custom field, you enter all the possible values for each dropdown.
3. In each product, you select the value you want for each dropdown custom field.
4. You create filters, one for each custom field, with the dynamic display setting activated.

Now if you're asking whether you can select several values for the custom fields in each product, that will have the effect that you'll have all these values of the products on the result page in the other selection filters.
In that case, I would recommend duplicating these products in the shop so that you would have always only one set of brand/model/year for each product.

6 years 7 months ago #277798

Yep i thought about replicating the products, but i cant do that, hikashop will be chain to the main system of the store, so i cant have 2 or three codes of the same product :(

I was thinking... is there a way to set like a word selecter, and just at the end, when the client clic on the button search, go to the page of the store.

Maybe i can make pages of the brand categories, so the client is left only with the option of the model and the year.

How the other sites did it? i cant figure out how they have the info so the dinamic search can act like that!

Thank you for your time anyway, hikashop always have the best support!

6 years 7 months ago #277809

Hi,

Well, I see two solutions:
1. You could use the solution I propose. The code of the product is a non issue. When you connect HikaShop with your "main system", you could make it so that the integration can synchronize the different products with the product in the main system, for example by having a custom product field where you would store the product code.
That's actually what's I've done on the website of a client who had a similar problematic.
2. You could have instead only one custom field with all the possible combinations as values so that you would be able to select the combinations for each product. Then, you would build a custom module to display the search dropdowns and a custom plugin to apply the filter on the custom field of the products based on the combination selected in the 3 dropdowns.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds