- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
Bid History Wrong
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Here is how the current bidding mode is working :
www.hikashop.com/forum/hikaauction/88228...omponent.html#230047
Also note that the current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid.The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.
If it's not how your auction is actually working, then can you give us a temporary back-end access to your website through our contact form so that we can directly test it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just checked it on your website, and it seems to be working fine. As I said :
The current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid.
Also, the Current price will be set to the second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.
For example if you have a product with a starting price of 5€ :
- User 1 bid 40€ => the current price is 5€
- User 2 can bid 5€ => the current price become 5€ + bidding increment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I started this product at £ 10.00 and it has 4 bids with an increment of £ 5.00. Why is it still at £ 15.00 with 4 bidders?
Also how come the 3rd bidder is the same as the second? Also if it is set at increments of 5 then why does it go from 15 to 35 in the auction history?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I started this product at £ 10.00 and it has 4 bids with an increment of £ 5.00. Why is it still at £ 15.00 with 4 bidders?
Because the current price will always be the second highest bid. For example, if that auction finish like this, then the user z***9 will win the auction for a price of $15.
And even if the bid isn't finished, then every use will bid until the reach the price $35 and they will then be the current winner of the auction with a current price set to $35 if "z***9" have the 2 highest bid.
Because :Also how come the 3rd bidder is the same as the second? Also if it is set at increments of 5 then why does it go from 15 to 35 in the auction history?
- O**S have bid for the starting price : $10 so the current price is $10
- T**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is still $10
- a**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is now $15
- z**9 have bid for $35 ; the current price is still $15 (the second highest bid)
At this point, everyone but z**9 is loosing the auction for $15 and will win the auction when they will bid for an amount higher than $35
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- O**S have bid for the starting price : $10 so the current price is $10
- T**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is $15
- a**e have bid for $20 ; the current price is now $20
- z**9 have bid for $35 ; the current price is now $25 ($5 above the second highest bid)
What is the point of having it show the full bid instead of by the $5 increment in the auction history? I thought they had to bid $5 if you selected 5 as the increment?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The auctions starts at say $10 with a 5 increment.
User1 opens with $10 making the current price $10 with a minimum bid of $15
User2 bids $15 making the current price $15 with a minimum bid of $20
User3 bids $50 making the current price $20 with a minimum bid of $25
User1 bids $25 making the current price $30 with a minimum bid of $35
the auction history should read like this in the increment selected.
User3 $30
User1 $25
User3 $20
User2 $15
User1 $10
I am okay with the auction history as is but the auction should function as I have stated with a minimum bid of 5 above the current price. If someone opens at 10 and then someone bids 15 then the current price should go to 15.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The auctions starts at say $10 with a 5 increment.
User1 opens with $10 making the current price $10 with a minimum bid of $15
User2 bids $15 making the current price $15 with a minimum bid of $20
User3 bids $50 making the current price $20 with a minimum bid of $25
User1 bids $25 making the current price $30 with a minimum bid of $35
the auction history should read like this in the increment selected.
User3 $30
User1 $25
User3 $20
User2 $15
User1 $10
I am okay with the auction history as is but the auction should function as I have stated with a minimum bid of 5 above the current price. If someone opens at 10 and then someone bids 15 then the current price should go to 15.
We already thought about it but we wanted the first "bidding mode" to be like main bidding platform like Ebay for example, but we actually planned on developing more bidding modes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes the current price is again equals to the second highest bid which should be the case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For example:
I put an auction up for starting bid of 20. Then someone opened it up with a 20. Then someone bid 25 which is what he was willing to pay. In the end it still went for 20 so now the first guy is saying that he bid 20 and the second guy got it for that price. It should have been 25. That is how Ebay works and you said it was like Ebay. Is there a way I could change the code to do as I need?
this is from a bidder
I have been an ebay auction user importing and fixing old Compaq laptops.
Just a recommendation - you should not be able to see the max bid that someone has placed- that is good for me but not good for a max price in the auction
eg. last night before I went to bed I looked at the auction for the Kakalak Kush beans which I would love to have but didn't bid on as I saw that the max bid was 100 - I would have placed an 80 bid if I had not known the max bid - they sold for 55 which means that you lost the 25 diff between my bid and the selling bid because I didn't bid - it also means that I or you or anyone can force the price up to his or her max bid - if I bid 100 they would win but would have had to pay 100 instead of 55. leaving it the way it is is better for me as I have more information but worse for the auction and your cut.
just trying to help out
much respect, Sam
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We already planned on adding more mode in the future but sure, to do what you want you'll have to edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.Is there a way I could change the code to do as I need?
The best solution will be to create a custom function which will retrieve a current price according to your needs through the file "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" and then call it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We don't have any ETA for the moment as actually planned on improving other part of HikaAuction first.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.