• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #229864

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 44.0.2

Hello,

We are just testing prior going live with our primer auction and we think Auctions does not work correctly.

We are two persons bidding, with two different users. When I bid I can see starting price, current bid which is my bid and my maximum bid, but when the other pèrson bid with higher price they see starting price correct but current price is what I was bidding even if he out bid me. I think if he bidded more then the current price should show as his bidding price but it shows mine. Also if he bidded more than me , I can see that minimum bid shows just my bid + 1 not his bid +1.

We are really confused and actual Auction functionality looks confused.

Hope you can help with this.

P.S: Please note that to see actual auction page you have to have special group permission.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by jerzy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 2 months ago #230047

Hello,

I think if he bidded more then the current price should show as his bidding price but it shows mine

The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

8 years 2 months ago #230056

Thank you for your response. What I mean is that we are looking for standard public auction system where higher bid show as current bid. I mean if actual bid is 100 and I bid 150 then actual bid should change to 150 but now it still show that actual bid is 100 and tells me I win the bid for 101. It looks like automatic bid but not public. How we can set up your action component to achieve just a simple bidding system with higher bid showing?

8 years 2 months ago #230074

Hello,
It's the only auction mode we have for the moment but we already added other auction modes in our TODO list (including what you want to do).

If you really want to do it as you want, the only solution will be to directly develop that mode by editing the code of the files of the HikaAuction component.

Also note that the current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid

8 years 2 months ago #230169

Hello Mohamed,

Again thank you for your response.
I wish that you coud implement this simple public auction as soon as posible, this is what we are after. Unfortunately we do not understand how to change the code so the only solution is to wait for your update.

At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid

There is still something which I do not understand. We did auction test and the winning price is the second higest bidder bid as you say so the winner will pay what the other bidder was bidding? I do not see logic. if the second bidder was paing that price the the winner can not winn and pay the same price, it should be higher what previous bidder was bidding for.

Mohamed, if we could just change in the code that the final winning price is the same as higest bidder max bid then everything would be fine.

Thank you for your assistance,
Jerzy

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by jerzy.

8 years 2 months ago #230224

Hello Jerzy,

To do what you want you'll have to edit 2 files :
- To send an email with a valid price to the winner of your auction "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" and change this line

$current_price_amount = $this->getAuctionCurrentPrice($product_id,$starting_price_amount, $current_winner_id);
- To set the correct price when your user will validate his auction to create an order "components\com_hikaauction\controllers\auction.php"
$current_price_amount = $auctionClass->getAuctionCurrentPrice($product_id,$starting_price_amount, $current_winner_id);
So you'll have to make sure that the $current_price_amount is set to the value of the last cheapest/maximum (as you prefer) valid bid of the winner of the auction.

The best solution will be to create a custom function which will retrieve a current price according to your needs through the file "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" and then call it.

8 years 2 months ago #230359

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you very much, this information is very useful in order to change that actual bidding price. We will try to set it up following your indications.

Thank you again for your help, I really do appreciate it.

Jerzy

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 week ago #235328

I need to do the same changes, but I have another problem: I don't know php :oops:
Can you help me? What code I have to paste instead those rows?

8 years 1 week ago #235353

Hello,
It will actually depends on what you exactly need, contacting jerzy to ask him if he succeed to do it can be a solution :).

8 years 1 week ago #235673

I want to do the final winning price the same as higest bidder max bid. Jerzy doesn't answer me ((((

8 years 1 week ago #235700

Hello,
To do what you want you'll have to do as I said through my last Post :

To do what you want you'll have to edit 2 files :
- To send an email with a valid price to the winner of your auction "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" and change this line

$current_price_amount = $this->getAuctionCurrentPrice($product_id,$starting_price_amount, $current_winner_id);
- To set the correct price when your user will validate his auction to create an order "components\com_hikaauction\controllers\auction.php"
$current_price_amount = $auctionClass->getAuctionCurrentPrice($product_id,$starting_price_amount, $current_winner_id);
So you'll have to make sure that the $current_price_amount is set to the value of the last cheapest/maximum (as you prefer) valid bid of the winner of the auction.

In your case you'll have to :
- Replace this line via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" to send an email with a valid price to the winner of your auction :
By
$current_price_amount = $this->getMaxBidOfUser($product_id, $current_winner_id);

- Replace this line via "components\com_hikaauction\controllers\auction.php" to set the correct price when your user will validate his auction to create an order :
By
$current_price_amount = $auctionClass->getMaxBidOfUser($product_id, $current_winner_id);

8 years 4 days ago #236767

Hello!
I changed the code .But the auction is not working properly. The current price is wrong, the minimum bet is wrong, the final price is wrong, but at checkout the price is correct. Th у first screen is from user Crazydope, the second is from Shnatochka a the one moment.

And another question - e-mail is delivered only if I run cron manually.. Why?

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by ShNatochka.

8 years 3 days ago #236810

Hello,

1. I only gave you the code that will enable you to change the value of the final price through the validation link, but for other location as :
- Current price
- Final price

That are displayed through your auction page, you'll have to edit the code of the "show_default" file of the "productauction" view via "Hikashop->Display->Views". For the Final price you'll have to change these lines :

<span class="auction_details" name="final_price" id="final_price"><?php echo $current_price;?></span>
By :
<?php
	$maxBidOfWinner = $auctionClass->getMaxBidOfUser($this->element->product_id,$current_winner_id);
	if(isset($maxBidOfWinner) && (int)$maxBidOfWinner > 0){
		$winner_price = $this->currencyHelper->format($maxBidOfWinner, $this->element->prices[0]->price_currency_id);
	?>
	<span class="auction_details" name="final_price" id="final_price"><?php echo $winner_price;?></span>
<?php}else{ ?>
	<span class="auction_details" name="final_price" id="final_price"><?php echo $current_price;?></span>
<?php } ?>
But note that if you want to completely change the auction mode system, you'll have to create your own algorithm of calculation of current price.

2. You should configure it to be triggered automatically : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-cron-task.html

Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 11 months ago #237307

Hello! Yahoo! I have done it even without knowing php! Thank you, Mohammed for your support.
To change the price of the auction you don't need to do the changes described in the previous messages. When the setting of the auction mode "Free bidding" you'll have to edit the code of the "show_auction" file of the "productauction" view via "Hikashop->Display->Views". You'll have to change these lines :

$current_price = $this->currencyHelper->format($current_price_amount, $this->element->prices[0]->price_currency_id);
by
$current_price = $this->currencyHelper->format($max_bid, $this->element->prices[0]->price_currency_id);

But Now about the cron. I configured it as specified in the documentation. But 3 days later he started in 20:26 and 22:40. And yesterday he began to issue every 10 minutes "Task is completed. No file path specified". But for the participants it sends only when run manually

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ShNatochka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

7 years 11 months ago #237328

Hello,

Now about the cron. I configured it as specified in the documentation. But 3 days later he started in 20:26 and 22:40. And yesterday he began to issue every 10 minutes "Task is completed. No file path specified". But for the participants it sends only when run manually

Did you configured your server to launch your Cron like it's explained on our documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ron-task.html#server

7 years 11 months ago #237443

Hello Mohamed!
I have created a cron task on your and on my own server following your documentation.
I am receiving the cron email all the day with this message:
--2016-04-19 22:20:01-- my.site/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron
Recognized moreart.pro... my ip
The connection to my.site|my ip|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, waiting for response... 200 OK
Length: none [text/html]
Saving to: "/dev/null"

0K 73,7 M=0s

2016-04-19 22:20:02 (73,7 MB/s) - "/dev/null" saved [389]
But I am not receiving any system emails at all, like the outbid notification, like Lene. And support of my hosting says that everything is OK and they adviced me to get your support.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ShNatochka.

7 years 11 months ago #237538

Hello Mohamed!
Now I trigger the cron task every 15 minutes using the hika-server. But I would like to trigger the cron task every 5 minutes using my own server, but the mail is not delivered, although cron works fine.

7 years 11 months ago #237544

Hello,

But I am not receiving any system emails at all, like the outbid notification, like Lene. And support of my hosting says that everything is OK and they adviced me to get your support.

That's actually weird, can you test it with the last HikaAuction version that you can download through our website ? But before, make sure to correctly backup every files you customized.

Now I trigger the cron task every 15 minutes using the hika-server. But I would like to trigger the cron task every 5 minutes using my own server, but the mail is not delivered, although cron works fine.

To do that you'll have to directly use the "Minimum delay between two cron tasks" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron"
Also, note that with the new HikaAuction version you'll have 2 new options via "HikaAuction->Configuration" :
- A "Cron Check Period" option to add a verification period of finished auctions
- A "Cron Queue Period" option to add a verification period of Emails related to auctions to be sent

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 11 months ago #237626

Hello,

To do that you'll have to directly use the "Minimum delay between two cron tasks" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron"
Also, note that with the new HikaAuction version you'll have 2 new options via "HikaAuction->Configuration" :
- A "Cron Check Period" option to add a verification period of finished auctions
- A "Cron Queue Period" option to add a verification period of Emails related to auctions to be sent

I just update HikaAuction to the latest version and I cannot see the 2 new options in HikaAuction->configuration.

The cron seems to be working sometimes. I have had emails that has come through 1:10pm, 1:11pm, 1:12pm but then other times it does not.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #237705

Hello Lene,
I just installed it through your website and initialized both these options for you. Regarding your cron issue, you should check each points of the "If your cron task is not working, you should:" part of the "Cron" documentation : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...cron-task.html#check

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds