- Posts: 344
- Thank you received: 3
CSV import 3 level deep categories
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #251227
by river
CSV import 3 level deep categories was created by river
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 7
I have a CSV file with products that looks like this:
When I import the CSV file to hikashop I want to use the category structure as you see above in the file:
3 level deep categories.
I know that I can import 2 level deep categories.
It it possible to import and make hikashop auto create 3 level deep categories ? and if so, what should I change the category columns to in the CSV file ?
I know the first column category should me named "parent_category" and the second "categories", what should the 3 level category column be called ?
tnx
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 7
I have a CSV file with products that looks like this:
Code:
product_code Categories (structure) Product_name
Fxxxxxxx Helse Skjønnhet > Relax & Komfor > Massasje Apparater |Sprinkel Hodebunn
Hxxxxxxx Uvanlige Gaver > Spill & Leker > Drikke Spill |Drikkeleken Spinn Pilen
Hxxxxxxx Uvanlige Gaver > Sex Produkter |Kamasutra Shot Glass (6 pakning)
Hxxxxxxx Uvanlige Gaver > Spill & Leker > Drikke Spill |Ludo Drikkespill med Shots
When I import the CSV file to hikashop I want to use the category structure as you see above in the file:
3 level deep categories.
I know that I can import 2 level deep categories.
It it possible to import and make hikashop auto create 3 level deep categories ? and if so, what should I change the category columns to in the CSV file ?
I know the first column category should me named "parent_category" and the second "categories", what should the 3 level category column be called ?
tnx
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by river.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #251262
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
Hi,
The import system doesn't have limit on the levels of categories you can import.
For example you could have that CSV:
As you can see here, the first few lines allow you to configure the structure of the categories.
The next lines allow you to specify the product data and in which leaf category should the products be.
The import system doesn't have limit on the levels of categories you can import.
For example you could have that CSV:
Code:
product_code;parent_category;categories;product_name
;Helse Skjønnhet;Relax & Komfor;
;Relax & Komfor;Massasje Apparater;
;Uvanlige Gaver;Spill & Leker,Sex Produkter;
;Spill & Leker;Drikke Spill;
Fxxxxxxx;;Massasje Apparater;Sprinkel Hodebunn
Hxxxxxxx;;Drikke Spill;Drikkeleken Spinn Pilen
Hxxxxxxx;;Sex Produkter;Kamasutra Shot Glass (6 pakning)
Hxxxxxxx;;Drikke Spill;Ludo Drikkespill med Shots
The next lines allow you to specify the product data and in which leaf category should the products be.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #251282
by river
Replied by river on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #251284
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
No, that's not correct.
Please use the lines I gave you as CSV.
Write them in a text file, rename it with the csv extension and open it with excel and you'll see how it should look like.
You can also create some categories in your backend and export the products and you'll get the categories lineslike I gave you at the top of the csv.
Please use the lines I gave you as CSV.
Write them in a text file, rename it with the csv extension and open it with excel and you'll see how it should look like.
You can also create some categories in your backend and export the products and you'll get the categories lineslike I gave you at the top of the csv.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #251485
by river
Replied by river on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
Tnx it works.
Now I only have one small case related to import of products using a CSV file.
I have a custom field in table/product, field type checkbox. It has only one value.
Deiverytime: 6-9 days.
I have placed the label "deliverytime" in the CSV, with value 1 in the rows beneath.
But I can't get it to auto select the value: 6-9 days.
I have to manually do this on each product after import. And that's to much work.
Any adivce ?
Now I only have one small case related to import of products using a CSV file.
I have a custom field in table/product, field type checkbox. It has only one value.
Deiverytime: 6-9 days.
I have placed the label "deliverytime" in the CSV, with value 1 in the rows beneath.
But I can't get it to auto select the value: 6-9 days.
I have to manually do this on each product after import. And that's to much work.
Any adivce ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #251516
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
Hi,
If the value is "6-9 days" in your custom field, then you need to use that value in the CSV if you want HikaShop to be able to match it.
If the value is "6-9 days" in your custom field, then you need to use that value in the CSV if you want HikaShop to be able to match it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254007
by river
Replied by river on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
So back to categories.....
OK, so this is my category path for "product A" (it's 4 levels deep)
product category/Women/Women`s Lingereie/Bra/Push Up Bras
I want "product A" only to be placed in the last category "Push Up Bras"
And at the same same time "during CSV import" create the category path as above.
I need the category path to be like above with: "Women" as first category level and "Women`s Lingereie" as second level category etc.
Any advice on how to write it in the CSV file ?
Or do I have to create the category order in advance before I import.
OK, so this is my category path for "product A" (it's 4 levels deep)
product category/Women/Women`s Lingereie/Bra/Push Up Bras
I want "product A" only to be placed in the last category "Push Up Bras"
And at the same same time "during CSV import" create the category path as above.
I need the category path to be like above with: "Women" as first category level and "Women`s Lingereie" as second level category etc.
Any advice on how to write it in the CSV file ?
Or do I have to create the category order in advance before I import.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254015
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic CSV import 3 level deep categories
I've already given an example in a previous message:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...tegories.html#251262
It's the same...
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...tegories.html#251262
It's the same...
Code:
product_code;parent_category;categories;product_name
;Women;Women`s Lingereie;
;Women`s Lingereie;Bra;
;Bra;Push Up Bras;
product A;;Push Up Bras;product A
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds