Upgrading to Hikashop 3.1.1 - lost sagepay plugin

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 10 months ago #271862

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.20

After upgrading to the latest version of hikashop, sagepay plugin has been deleted from our website and we can no longer expect payment through this method. I did not see anything about sagepay being deleted in the change logs and have only found out it is no longer included in hikashop business. Does this mean we have to purchase Sagepay aswell now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #271866

Hello,

The SagePay plugin was developed by Obsidev and was available in HikaShop packages for free.
Unfortunately, Obsidev was never paid during the past 6 years for his work despite the fact that their was a contract, a partnership program between Obsidev and SagePay.

You can read a bit more about that in that forum thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/888632-o...-multiple-times.html

We tried to discuss with the SagePay partner team but, after several years of "nothing", the issue is still there and no payment has been made for the development or for the affiliation.
Because the plugin development has not been paid ; it was more than unfair that this plugin continues to be published freely while his developer dedicated a lot of time to create, support and improve the plugin during the past 6 years.

So yes the plugin is now a paid plugin ; but it is still the Obsidev plugin.
Because SagePay still didn't honor their deal ; because SagePay didn't honor their promises or their invoices ; I'm afraid it was the only possible solution.
But you can be sure that we tried during several months to find a solution to that issue ; we didn't want to arrive to such conclusion.

We understand your interrogation and your surprise to see a plugin be removed from HikaShop package to become a paid plugin ; it was unfortunately the only available solution.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 6 months ago #280650

It's not satisfactory to remove this for existing customers. One of the specifications for my sites from my client is that they can use Sagepay, I have paid and am still paying for Hikashop with the Sagepay plugin. Your issues with Sagepay are nothing to do with me, as far as I'm concerned this is a feature I have paid for already.

Really not happy, this is so unprofessional and treating your customers with contempt.

Ian

6 years 6 months ago #280660

Hello,

Yes, you have paid and still paying for HikaShop ; but as explained, the SagePay plugin is not the property of HikaShop, it was a third party plugin which could be considered, at the end, illegally distributed.
No, the plugin was not a part of the features you have paid for ; it was never been an HikaShop commercial feature.
We made our best to stay professional despite the SagePay team behavior ; since we did provide the plugin for free to some users under specific circumstances.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 6 months ago #280688

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<extension type="plugin" version="2.5" method="upgrade" group="hikashoppayment">
<name>Hikashop SagePay Payment Plugin</name>
<creationDate>20 septembre 2016</creationDate>
<version>2.6.4</version>
<author>Obsidev</author>
<authorEmail>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.</authorEmail>
<authorUrl> www.hikashop.com </authorUrl>
<copyright>(C) 2010-2016 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.</copyright>
<license> www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPL</license>
<description>This plugin enables you to setup your sagepay payment system</description>
<files>
<filename plugin="sagepay">sagepay.php</filename>
<filename>sagepay_end.php</filename>
</files>
<params addpath="/components/com_hikashop/params">
<param name="pluginoptions" type="pluginoptions" default="plugin" label="hikashop" description="HikaShop options" />
</params>
<config>
<fields name="params" addfieldpath="/components/com_hikashop/fields">
<fieldset name="basic">
<field id="pluginoptions" name="pluginoptions" type="pluginoptions" label="hikashop" description="HikaShop options" />
</fieldset>
</fields>
</config>
</extension>

6 years 6 months ago #280690

<author>Obsidev</author>

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 6 months ago #280693

The important bit is the GPL licence, the author tag doesn't assign copyright.

I will try and speak to Sagepay and see what their take is on this but I don't see how uninstalling the plugin for existing, paying, users helps anyone. How can you possibly imagine that it's acceptable to break the e-commerce site of a paying customer?

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 6 months ago #280710

Hi,

We couldn't find any alternative after years of trying to handle the matter peacefully with SagePay. Even now, they're sending us reports of affiliate fees on some of the websites were merchants complained to them, but it's still nowhere near the complete list, even though our plugin sends the affiliate ID for each transaction... And even though we got reports for a few months, we still didn't get 1 cent.

The plugin is still GPL. If you have a copy of it on your live website (since you must have first tested the update on a copy of your live website, right ? Or at least in a backup of the website), you're free to reinstall it and use it.

Now please understand that this project cost us money to develop and money to continue maintaining it. The 35€ we're asking for the plugin on www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/product/cid-114.html is only for us to recoup some of the money we lost on that project and keep maintaining it in the future. So it's also for yourself that you're buying it since it allows us to guarantee you we can keep it functionnal in the future.
The other possibility would have been to stop maintaining it and the result would have been even worst for you: you would have updated one day, and the plugin would have been broken, with no way to fix it unless asking a developer to work on it. Here, we just ask for a small amount to keep using it as long as you want.

6 years 6 months ago #280737

Hi Nicolas,

I think you are overlooking the fact that I have been subscribing to Hikashop for nearly five years so may already have contributed something to this? Are there any other plugins you are going to suddenly pull, just so we know?

I can understand you not wanting to offer it free to new users but to suddenly remove it from existing subscribers is not right.

I have figured out that I can upgrade then manually install the plugin so I will do that for the time being.

I have put a call into Sagepay and was told my comments would be passed to Andrew Power who they said was Obsidevs account manager. I haven't heard back yet.

Ian

6 years 6 months ago #280742

Hello,

Plugins which has been developed by third parties are being removed from HikaShop packages.
For most of them, they are published in Github : github.com/hikashop/
But they are still several Obsidev payment plugins which will stay free since their developments have been paid (except for paybox that I created on my own and first distributed in a forum thread).

I can understand you not wanting to offer it free to new users but to suddenly remove it from existing subscribers is not right.

this is so unprofessional and treating your customers with contempt.

If you read my messages carefully you will see that I wrote

since we did provide the plugin for free to some users under specific circumstances.

We understand your interrogation and your surprise to see a plugin be removed from HikaShop package to become a paid plugin ; it was unfortunately the only available solution.

Why I wrote that ?
Simply because we gave that plugin to some users, even users using HikaShop starter.
The reason is that we are professionals and also understanding people.
We received messages via the contact box from users explaining that they saw the message, that they were using the plugin and also gave us the websites links so we can add them in our list.
Users a bit stressed sometimes but who were polite and understood our situation.

We warned SagePay that it would happen and the fact that the plugin is removed allow us to really know who is using that plugin to be able to compare them to the incorrect reports that SagePay sent (but since they do not honor the invoices even with incorrect data...)
I would be glad to receive an answer from Andrew Power since I have no reply from my latest emails and more glad to see the invoices honored.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds