Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
9 years 2 months ago #274361
by iDanny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping was created by iDanny
Hi
Does HikaShop have plans to work with Oberlo ?
www.oberlo.com/
I'm stufying the whole dropshipping concept and was wondering how Hikashop worked that into their solution ?
Thanks
Danny
Does HikaShop have plans to work with Oberlo ?
www.oberlo.com/
I'm stufying the whole dropshipping concept and was wondering how Hikashop worked that into their solution ?
Thanks
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274369
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hi,
No one asked for an integration for that plateform so we don't have any plans for it for now.
Also, I see on their website that Oberlo was made for shopify so I'm not even sure that it is possible to build such integration for HikaShop.
I guess that what usually happens is that they give you the URL to a product feed so that you can import the products in your store (you can do that with HikaShop's import system), and then they need to be notified when orders are placed on your website to be able to do the shipping. That usually requires an integration via a plugin.
No one asked for an integration for that plateform so we don't have any plans for it for now.
Also, I see on their website that Oberlo was made for shopify so I'm not even sure that it is possible to build such integration for HikaShop.
I guess that what usually happens is that they give you the URL to a product feed so that you can import the products in your store (you can do that with HikaShop's import system), and then they need to be notified when orders are placed on your website to be able to do the shipping. That usually requires an integration via a plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iDanny
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #274414
by iDanny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Replied by iDanny on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks again for your reply.
In a nutshell, the current best practice for drop shipping seems to be:
Shopify <-> Oberlo <-> Aliexpress
Note: Oberlo has a bunch of import capabilities and as important, it has order processing/fulfillment which seems to be a big feature!
Because I am a Joomla guy and am moving all my e-commerce solutions to HikaShop, I would like to stray away from using Shopify. In an ideal world, this would be:
Joomla/Hikashop <-> Oberlo <-> Aliexpress
However, Oberlo currently doesn't integrate with Hikashop (nor any other Joomla based e-comm plateform). I did read somewhere they where looking into doing this for WooCommerce (and I am certainly not a Wordpress guy - so messy!)
So, that leaves me wondering what my options are:
1) Go with Shopify (booh!)
2) Develop an Oberlo equivalent for Hikashop
I wonder what people thoughts are on extending the Hikashop import capabilities to something like Oberlo ?
I believe it merits a discussion/debate ?
You're thoughts ?
Danny
Thanks again for your reply.
In a nutshell, the current best practice for drop shipping seems to be:
Shopify <-> Oberlo <-> Aliexpress
Note: Oberlo has a bunch of import capabilities and as important, it has order processing/fulfillment which seems to be a big feature!
Because I am a Joomla guy and am moving all my e-commerce solutions to HikaShop, I would like to stray away from using Shopify. In an ideal world, this would be:
Joomla/Hikashop <-> Oberlo <-> Aliexpress
However, Oberlo currently doesn't integrate with Hikashop (nor any other Joomla based e-comm plateform). I did read somewhere they where looking into doing this for WooCommerce (and I am certainly not a Wordpress guy - so messy!)
So, that leaves me wondering what my options are:
1) Go with Shopify (booh!)
2) Develop an Oberlo equivalent for Hikashop
I wonder what people thoughts are on extending the Hikashop import capabilities to something like Oberlo ?
I believe it merits a discussion/debate ?
You're thoughts ?
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by iDanny.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274437
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hi,
Well, one thing you could do is tell Oberlo that you would be interested in an integration with HikaShop. While they probably won't do it in the short term, the more people ask, the more they'll think about doing it.
Now, I've read a bit about dropshipping.
While tools to automate dropshipping seems to be a good way to streamline processes, it seems that manually adding the products you want to sell allows you to better market them.
And while Oberlo was made for Shopify to intergate with AliExpress for dropshipping, you could handle it manually without it, or build a similar integration with AliExpress for other ecommerce platforms.
I'm not familiar with dropshipping, so I don't know if that would be really interesting. It looks like Oberlo is only integrated with AliExpress but form what I understand, their are hundred of other platforms for dropshipping, each one requiring a different integration in order to automate this. To me, Oberlo looks like kind of limited compared to alternatives like www.ordoro.com/ who have an open API with many integrations with dropshipping services and many integrations with ecommerce solutions. It looks like it might be more durable in the long run.
Of course, if you already have your dropshipping suppliers with one solution, and you want to keep working with them, you're kind of stuck with that solution.
It's a bit like payment gateways from what I can see. If you're accepting payments with Authorize.net but the ecommerce solution you want to move to only has a plugin for PayPal, either there is a need to have a payment plugin developed for authorize.net for that ecommerce solution, or you're stuck with the other one.
Well, one thing you could do is tell Oberlo that you would be interested in an integration with HikaShop. While they probably won't do it in the short term, the more people ask, the more they'll think about doing it.
Now, I've read a bit about dropshipping.
While tools to automate dropshipping seems to be a good way to streamline processes, it seems that manually adding the products you want to sell allows you to better market them.
And while Oberlo was made for Shopify to intergate with AliExpress for dropshipping, you could handle it manually without it, or build a similar integration with AliExpress for other ecommerce platforms.
I'm not familiar with dropshipping, so I don't know if that would be really interesting. It looks like Oberlo is only integrated with AliExpress but form what I understand, their are hundred of other platforms for dropshipping, each one requiring a different integration in order to automate this. To me, Oberlo looks like kind of limited compared to alternatives like www.ordoro.com/ who have an open API with many integrations with dropshipping services and many integrations with ecommerce solutions. It looks like it might be more durable in the long run.
Of course, if you already have your dropshipping suppliers with one solution, and you want to keep working with them, you're kind of stuck with that solution.
It's a bit like payment gateways from what I can see. If you're accepting payments with Authorize.net but the ecommerce solution you want to move to only has a plugin for PayPal, either there is a need to have a payment plugin developed for authorize.net for that ecommerce solution, or you're stuck with the other one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274632
by iDanny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Replied by iDanny on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hi
Thanks for that.
I'm investigating how far i can get into a complete drop shipping solution using your marketplace addon.
www.hikashop.com/forum/20-market-feature...ience-with-hika.html
If the addon alrady pays the vendors, i would like to know if it sends the order for processing (and tracking).
I will have to evaluate the import process to see how much help it can be to synch inventories from different vendors
Danny
Thanks for that.
I'm investigating how far i can get into a complete drop shipping solution using your marketplace addon.
www.hikashop.com/forum/20-market-feature...ience-with-hika.html
If the addon alrady pays the vendors, i would like to know if it sends the order for processing (and tracking).
I will have to evaluate the import process to see how much help it can be to synch inventories from different vendors
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #274638
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hi,
As Jerome replied there, the vendor will be notified of what he needs to ship by email and he can also see that in his HikaMarket vendor control panel.
As Jerome replied there, the vendor will be notified of what he needs to ship by email and he can also see that in his HikaMarket vendor control panel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275891
by ssnobben
Replied by ssnobben on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Yes as I understand you dont have these real Dropshipping portal option where you can add more products and have more advanced features..similar Droshi and others
droshi.com/English/
video how it works
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ExK8EmhJnk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275913
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hello,
1 - Customer buy products
2 - HikaShop create sub orders for every concerned vendors.
3 - Each vendor is notify by email
4 - Each vendor can ship to the customer and mark it sub order has shipped.
So I'm sorry but the dropshipping is handle by HikaShop+HikaMarket.
Regards,
1 - Customer buy products
2 - HikaShop create sub orders for every concerned vendors.
3 - Each vendor is notify by email
4 - Each vendor can ship to the customer and mark it sub order has shipped.
So I'm sorry but the dropshipping is handle by HikaShop+HikaMarket.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #275979
by iDanny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Replied by iDanny on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Jerome is 100% corrrect.
That's a big part of what the marketplace is about.
The biggest difference and concern I have with that feature is it lacks the product fulfillment interface which allows an administrator to fetch & synch products from a manufacturer or wholeseller (re: AliExpress or any other vendor). This means you need to manually add in your products and manage their price and availability periodically.
However, with Marketplace, you could allow vendors to do this themselves with their own access but honestly, most don't (too lazy and not usually their priority unless you're really big!)
My 2 cents
Danny
That's a big part of what the marketplace is about.
The biggest difference and concern I have with that feature is it lacks the product fulfillment interface which allows an administrator to fetch & synch products from a manufacturer or wholeseller (re: AliExpress or any other vendor). This means you need to manually add in your products and manage their price and availability periodically.
However, with Marketplace, you could allow vendors to do this themselves with their own access but honestly, most don't (too lazy and not usually their priority unless you're really big!)
My 2 cents
Danny
Danny Malouin
BeNu - Digital success agency
benu.ca
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by iDanny.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275988
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Oberlo equivalent for dropshipping
Hello,
Thanks iDanny ; your explanation was very useful !
So yes, if you want to have a sync with an third party system so your "vendors" do not have to create or update their products in your store, the usage of a specific plugin would be required.
Via the mass-action it is possible to perform some kind of automatic import but it requires a CSV file formatted correctly.
That's why for such kind of feature, a custom development might be more appropriated in order to have something which will read the external content and convert it to HikaShop internal format.
Regards,
Thanks iDanny ; your explanation was very useful !
So yes, if you want to have a sync with an third party system so your "vendors" do not have to create or update their products in your store, the usage of a specific plugin would be required.
Via the mass-action it is possible to perform some kind of automatic import but it requires a CSV file formatted correctly.
That's why for such kind of feature, a custom development might be more appropriated in order to have something which will read the external content and convert it to HikaShop internal format.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds