Mass action and Easy Social Groups?

• Thank you received: 10
7 years 1 month ago #264003

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.finalbug.net/groups-learn-post-produ...ro-x-social-learning
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi Hikashop

I am checking out the recent ES integration aka App with Hikashop.
So far so good.
Stackideas have done a great job.

I found this here:

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

And am wondering if it is possible to sell products like this:

Product ABC in Hikashop called “Access to Group ABC”
and
Product DEF in Hikashop called “Access to Group DEF”

And then have some kind of mass actions which puts people into group ABC or DEF depending on which Hikashop product they bought!

Could this run automatically in the background any thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

thanks

Paul

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by paurray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 1 month ago #264012

Hi,

HikaShop Business actually allows for that without any mass action. You have the "user group after purchase" setting in each product so that you can easily do that.
Now it might be possible with mass actions too, but I've never tried since it's already possible without.

7 years 1 month ago #264208

Hi Nicolas

This is great news. :woohoo:
I have searched "user group after purchase" and "HikaShop" online but only found a couple of threads in this forum.
Can you kindly point me to where this is explained in the documentation?

The main thing for me is to be able to add people to group ABC or DEF for product ABC or DEF etc

I just want to double check before buying HikaShop Business + HikaShop Market.

I have already purchased HikaShop App for EasySocial.

thanks

Paul

7 years 1 month ago #264214

Hi,

There is not much explanation as it's just one simple option to use when you configure your products. You can see a few lines about it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ct-form.html#display

7 years 1 month ago #264332

Hi Nicolas
Will be taking the plunge next week.
thank you for your patience
Paul

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 1 month ago #264686

This appears to add the purchasing user to the Joomla ACL group.

However, I thought the author of this thread was requesting the ability to add the purchasing user to the EasySocial group (i.e. adding the user as a member of a private group created with the EasySocial component, not related to Joomla ACL).

Is that possible?

The following user(s) said Thank You: paurray

7 years 1 month ago #264711

requesting the ability to add the purchasing user to the EasySocial group (i.e. adding the user as a member of a private group created with the EasySocial component, not related to Joomla ACL).

Yes correct. This is exactly what I was requesting?

Also from the SI Site

stackideas.com/partners

HikaShop is a native E-Commerce extension for all versions of Joomla. It is built for simplicity and flexibility. HikaShop also has a wide range of marketing tools, but also powerful statistics displayable on your HikaShop dashboard to help you manage your store

10% off on Hika Shop Business

What about Hika Market will the discount code work for this as well or is there some kind of bundle for both?

Apparently we need "Hika Market" as well, for the SI Hika App to work!

stackideas.com/apps/item/3378-hikashop-app

7 years 1 month ago #264728

Nicolas, can you comment then on these questions/requests?

1) Is there a discount for the HikaShop components we'd need/like running with EasySocial (HikaShop Business, MultiVendor, Serial).

2) Can you add support to HikaShop to allow a vendor to create a item that would result in the purchaser being added to one of the following EasySocial items owned by the HikaShop owner:

a) an EasySocial Group

b) an EasySocial Event

7 years 1 month ago #264731

Hi,

1. The coupon code you got there is indeed only for HikaShop Business. There is no coupon code for HikaMarket or HikaSerial.

2. a. Indeed, the "user group after purchase" system in HikaShop is to add the customer to the Joomla user group.
I thought that all the Joomla extensions would normally use the Joomla user groups and not custom groups so that they would be compatible with other extensions. I didn't know Easy Social had their own user groups.
In that case, it would require a specific plugin to developed for that or it could be added to the EasySocial HikaShop application already available there stackideas.com/blog/hikashop-app-for-easysocial
b. It would also require a plugin to be developed or that to be integrated in the integration app already available.
I'll get in touch with the guys at stackideas to see what they think about that.

7 years 1 month ago #264752

Hi,

Yes please do get in touch with Stackideas…

In the mean time I am wondering if these things might be part of the puzzle:

a)
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...-payment-method.html

Possibly with or with out this here:
b)
stackideas.com/blog/profile-unlocker-app
i.e. give people x amount of points for buying a product and this gets them put in a group!!!

c)
Maybe the mass action method is worth re considering?

I will buy Hika Market Front Edition on Monday

And see if I can get it to work with the starter version of HikaShop & the ES Hika App!

7 years 1 month ago #264756

Hi,

b. That app allows you to change the profile type based on the points. If the "profile type" is what you meant by "EasySocial group", then yes. Otherwise, no, that's something else. I would recommend to check with StackIdeas as I'm not familiar with it.

c. Well, there is no action "add to EasySocial user group". There is an action "add to Joomla user group", but it won't help.
Adding such action could be interesting, but it still requires development, like with point a.

7 years 1 month ago #264773

Hi, hi

My question from the comments section:

stackideas.com/blog/profile-unlocker-app

Paul Murray

Please correct me if I am wrong but it is possible to associated a particular “ES Group” with a particular “Profiles Types”

e.g. user profile ABC is associated with group 123
e.g. user profile DEF is associated with group 456
e.g. user profile GHI is associated with group 789

The answer from the developer:

Jean-Marc Burri   

In short yes. 

You can define which groups are assigned to a profile when a user achieves a new profile through earning points he will get reassigned to a new profile which has/can have different groups assigned.

I think what this means with respect to Hika & Co is:

a) Award a user eg 1000 points for buying a product
b) Use the Profile Unlocker App to upgrade there profile
c) As part of there new profile put them in a new “EASY SOCIAL” Group.

In my case I am selling webinars:

a) Buy a course
b) Become a Student with fro e.g. a Basic Student Profile
c) Thus have access to an “EASY SOCIAL” Basic Study group

I believe that it will work!?! :blink:
It just seems to be a lot of money for a some thing that does one thing.
It is like buying “Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter” so that I have the luxury of connecting my Mac to World Wide Web :unsure:

Whilst I believe it would work for me I am not sure how it would work for other people…
There is a pages Tab on the screen shot so many it would work similarly?
@ Eileen maybe you could put an Event in a Group or Page and get it to work like this!?!

The irony is that I actually have an insane Moodle/Easy Social integration with Joomlde.
Joomdle is integrated with Hika shop and lets me put buyers in “EASY SOCIAL” Groups.
Whilst it works...
...it is like flying from Berlin to Amsterdam via Beijing!
And I have decided that I just do not have the nerve to do this on an ongoing basis!

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #264798

@Paul, the method you describe appears feasible but only practicle when it is presumed a need only for 1 or 2 groups. However, in the Multivendor Hikashop the idea for some (such as me) would be to allow my site users to create their own paid-access EasySocial groups where the EasySocial group has some value to end-users (i.e., it supports a real-life provision of services or there is certain content accessible from within the EasySocial group). In that case the end-user of the Hikashop capability is the EasySocial member who has created their own EasySocial Group or Event and wishes to provide paid-access to that group. In your case, it would appear the end-user of the Hikashop capability is just the site administrator.

@Nicolas, thank you for carrying the conversation over to the EasySocial developers. I believe this would satisfy the needs of many users looking to monetize their social sites and/or extend the products/services they offer users..

7 years 1 month ago #264812

@ Eileen
Thanks for bringing this up.
Yes I guess the Profile Locker is for me at least a short term solution.
It could help me build a linear system where students move forward from Basic to Advanced Students in a Training Environment.
Bbbbbbbbut yes in the moment when:
a) A program that I am teaching (In my case Final Cut Pro X) comes out with a new flavour e.g. FCP Lite/Heavy my solution is challenged.
b) If I want some one else teaching another program e.g. Motion 3D,4D, 5D or what ever then my linear points system defiantly breaks down!
I guess that I have to look at the whole multi multivendor logic further and build this in such a way that I easily could go multi vendor in the future!

@Nicolas
I do not know if it is just me.
But I have been “toying” with Joomla for 5 years plus +
I have bought 100s of components and honestly out of the 100 I think if I use about 10 of them. Max.
So far I have made a little bit of money of sponsors but not directly through the functionality of my site/services.
I am very excited about integrating Hikashop & Co and believe that it offers a great opportunity.
I have the feeling that there are many SI Users like me, who have been investing in stuff and are eager to find a way to get a return on their investment!

One last thing.
I am not a Joomla Guru but is the following not the case?
If I create a users in Easy Social one is also created in Joomla!!!

I suspect that this is the same for JomSocial & Community Builder but honestly do not know!!!

Would this some how make integration/mass actions easier, potentially applicable to other Social Network Components?

Potentially make development even more worth while?

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #264815

Hi,

@Eileen : Indeed, an integration would be necessary to be able to cover that.

@paurray : The fact that users are synchronized between extensions and Joomla is a great thing which simplifies a lot of things. If EasySocial were using normal Joomla user groups, then the mass actions would be a great way to do such things.
But if the extension has its own group, then it requires a specific integration, there's no way around that unfortunately. And also, since each extension having its own user groups implements that differently, it requires a different integration for each one.

7 years 1 month ago #264904

I've made the feature request at https://stackideas.com/voices/easysocial/item/1463stackideas available here . Since their HikaShop app was fairely recently developed, I'm hopeful that developer is still available and now would be a good time to take this on since they're still familiar with your code.

@Paul upvote the request?

7 years 1 month ago #264905

@ Eileen. Done
Will also try and spread the word in the SI Forums :-)
This is as of now the last piece in a puzzle that I have being playing with for years now!!!

@ Eileen Update!!!
Check this here:
stackideas.com/forums/feedback-for-switc...rom-voices-to-forums
I can not figure out where the feature request link/forum is though :sick:

@Nicolas
Any thing that you can do to help make this happen things work out is greatly appreciated :-)

7 years 1 month ago #264951

Hi,

I've sent an email 3 days ago to Mark at stackideas about that but I didn't get an answer yet.
I've upvoted the proposition.

7 years 1 month ago #264958

Hi, hi

I suspect Mark is in his coding cave working on EasySocial 2.1 & EasyBlog 5.1
Please keep on pestering him… B)

To be frank the ES Hika App needs a lot of work.
I am testing it here:
www.finalbug.net/network-final-cut-pro-p...rray/233-course-list
And was told today in the SI forum:

ME:

As far as I can tell any ES Hika products I create are put in the root Hika Shop Category “Product Category”

SI Support:

I have consulted this with pour developer and it seems that current hikashop app will only list its parent category, and the category type must be 'product' as you can see here screencast.com/t/XhQqDEJC03x . Please advice

They are a lovely bunch of people and now I have to figure out a nice way of asking them for some more “core” functionality like this whilst gently reminding that there are people screaming for Groups/Events/Pages assignment on purchase. Sighhhhhhhhh.

My version of begging:

Can you kindly tell your developer in the nicest possible way that this should maybe/really be part of the “core” functionality of the App. Further could you please tell him, pretty please from me with bells and whistles on it if he could look into the putting people into Groups/Pages/Events functionality on purchase that would be truly amazing!

Regards

Paul

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds