Payment plugin - Afterpay

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 2 months ago #286343

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hello,

I see that some people have been talking about Afterpay. I have a client asking me if Hikashop can do Afterpay.

Is this payment option available, or going to be available anytime soon? Apparently it is getting very popular both online and in stores.

www.afterpay.com/en-AU/

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 2 months ago #286360

Hello,

As you can see on our Documentation for now, there is no Afterpay plugin as HikaShop or third part.

And for, be honest unless I'm mistaken, you are the first to ask for it, and so this payment plugin isn't on our priority right now.
Sorry for this answer...
Your solution can be to contact one of our partner, here to ask for develop it.
Sorry for this return.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 2 months ago #286561

Sorry to cut into this thread, but I too have had several clients asking about Afterpay. I contacted Afterpay, you have to register to even ask a question there, and asked if they had any plans of creating a Hikashop plugin and the reply from them was curt and to the point, They said "NO". They didn't say why or anything else, just NO. Just this morning, there was a segment on the TV discussing Afterpay so I would think that the more people that become aware of it, the more people will be asking eCommerce merchants. I would think it would be in Hikashop's interest to at least have a look at it.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 months ago #286564

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #289394

Hi my clients are also looking for afterpay is there any news on it getting developed?

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 month ago #289427

Hello,

Afterpay is only use for New Zealand and Australia, you can understand that this very specific solution isn't the biggest priority in our todo list.
Again sorry for this return.
Don't forget for specific needs you have several developers in our Partner page .

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Philip.

6 years 1 week ago #291181

Hi,

My client is now happy to leave Hikashop and Joomla behind to get a shop with Afterpay. Most of her clients are from overseas...

Kind regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 4
5 years 10 months ago #293486

I understand your frustration. Im looking at a complete rebuild of three sites to ensure afterpay compatibility. The loss of potential income is absurd and it seems that HikaShop is not considering the new world of e-commerce if they say its not an important or on their agenda

5 years 10 months ago #293487

For my client Afterpay has become a must have feature. The website is now being migrated to WordPress...

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #293491

Hello,

I know that I've been contacted by someone in June 2017 and that person had an afterpay payment plugin for HikaShop.
He wanted some help with customization ; service that I do not propose. But the thing is, he had an Afterpay plugin.
Now I can't tell you more about that ; just an information that I have.

HikaShop do not include new payment plugin since a long time ; the development is focus on the core features (and there is already more than 60 free payment plugin to maintain).
Thanks to the HikaShop partner, there is more than 125 payment plugin added to the original list ; some are free and other not.

If you want a new payment plugin for HikaShop ; the faster way is to contact HikaShop partners and HikaShop developers.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 10 months ago #293918

That was probably me Jerome. I had an Afterpay plugin designed by my developer for this. Any good developer out there can do this with the Afterpay API.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296215

Any update on an AfterPay Plugin. Our clients are also interested and some of our competitions already have it.

5 years 8 months ago #296224

Hi,

I would recommend contacting olstadesigns since apparently he has developed a plugin for it.

5 years 8 months ago #296316

Can anyone give me a developers contact for an afterpay plugin for joomla please. I really dont want to convert 3 website to wordpress if I can help it

5 years 8 months ago #296317

Hi,

If you want to have a developer work on that for you, you can contact our developer partners:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Many of them already developed payment plugins for HikaShop.
For example, TsukiDev and ObsiDev are selling some of them on our marketplace:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/category/33-payment.html

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 8 months ago #296349

Sorry guys I sent the developer/partner who created the SquareUp Plugin my developers work to help and they turned around and wanted to charge me full price to help test it so I am not going to help on this one. I don't offer the plugins I get developed because I can't garantee support for them nor do I have the time to offer support so this is me being honest and fair to the rest of you rather than take your money and run. As Nicolas said you can contact a developer in their developer partners or get yourself a good developer as I have to create plugins like SquareUp, TNT Shipping, Afterpay & ZipMoney.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 7 months ago #297543

I'm just going to add that I have also had one client move away from a Joomla/Hikashop website over to WordPress just so she could get Afterpay (or ZipPay).

I now have another client asking for it as well.

So while this might be a small priority - it's quite obviously causing people to take the extreme action to move away from this platform completely. I wonder how many wanted it and just moved away without saying anything.

If one is easier than the other (ZipPay vs Afterpay) - then I'd be happy with either of them.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297544

yes we had to move a client away recently from hikashop as well, pity as there is no one interested in helping out and or having limited support to create a plugin.
we have been asking for a long time now seems like a dead end.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #297576

Hello,

As Nicolas said, feel free to contact our developer partners via :
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Many of them already developed payment plugins for HikaShop.
For example, TsukiDev and ObsiDev are selling some of them on our marketplace:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/category/33-payment.html

And I think that it's on the TODO list of some of them.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 5 months ago #300012

To say contact your partners is getting a bit old. I cant believe that after all of these years using hikashop and joomla that I am going to have to move to a different platform because you are not prepared to consider that this is the future of online shopping, which is the foundation of your product.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds