Notice of Invalid Google Account ID

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 5 months ago #336662

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.24

If a user selects the debit/cc payment method on my checkout, which uses the Hikashop Authorize JS Payment Plugin, everything works fine as far as payment and order processing, but when the customer is redirected to my payment successful page after the order is finalized, there is a notice on that page that says:
(This message displays in the typical green message container)

Again, the entire checkout, order details with emails and payment processing is fine. Just this awkward message that the customer sees. I'm not sure what is causing it. Attached is the message.

This same message does not display if the PayPal method is selected.
Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 5 months ago #336667

Hi,

This means that you've activated the HikaShop Google Analytics plugin but didn't configure an ID or configured a wrong one in its settings.
So you want to check the settings of that plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 5 months ago #336671

Yep that was it Nicolas. Thanks very much.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 months 3 weeks ago #357189

this is an issue now because Universal Analytics doesn't work and its google tags.

4 months 3 weeks ago #357200

What ?
The issue on this thread is about properly filling out the settings of the old Google Analytics plugin.
So yes, if you don't fill the settings of that plugin, you'll get the same error now.

However, note that the API used by the old Google Analytics plugin has been deprecated by Google recently.
You should now use the GA4 plugin: www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/108...egration-google.html

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357893

I appreciate the update and new plugin but as we are up for renewal, after being with Hika for almost 8 years (this and other accounts) I'm finding it tedious to update your plugins when something is out of date, shouldn't processes like this be automatic or notices be sent out about things like this?

We're up for renewal at the new year, but things like not being able to integrate amazon stores, difficulty integrating google merchant, shipping plugins/apis, instagram shop and others. Plus having to make custom fields and etc on your companies behalf to get google merchant going instead of having these integrations just work is making platforms like Shopify, Wordpress and other more palatable than staying with Hikashop.

We've been in the web development world for quite some time and have had hika since we started our company but at this point its starting to seem that we are spending more time hunting down inefficiencies that we have to code, fix or do custom edits instead of things just integrating and working.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357894

For instance, we currently are having issues exporting all our products. We hit export to csv and everything is in one cell by itself. Its not separated in rows, columns or anything of the sort to be able to manipulate data to import it on other platforms. Making it seem that hikashop is proprietary and you have to start donig some excel work to get things organized right.

3 months 3 weeks ago #357910

Hi,

I'm finding it tedious to update your plugins when something is out of date, shouldn't processes like this be automatic or notices be sent out about things like this?

We did send a newsletter to all users subscribed in April 2022 about this new plugin (among other things). However, I can see that you only subscribed to our newsletters in 2023, so that's why you were not notified.
Also, we published the news on our Twitter: Twitter post

We're up for renewal at the new year, but things like not being able to integrate amazon stores, difficulty integrating google merchant, shipping plugins/apis, instagram shop and others. Plus having to make custom fields and etc on your companies behalf to get google merchant going instead of having these integrations just work is making platforms like Shopify, Wordpress and other more palatable than staying with Hikashop.

We've been in the web development world for quite some time and have had hika since we started our company but at this point its starting to seem that we are spending more time hunting down inefficiencies that we have to code, fix or do custom edits instead of things just integrating and working.

HikaShop has many shipping plugins available for it. In 2023, we developed a whole new shipping plugin for UPS. In 2024, we'll be developing a whole new shipping plugin for FedEx.
We release a new version of HikaShop every 2 months or so. Each time with many fixes, improvments and new features. Besides this, we also release new versions of other extensions, new plugins on our marketplace, free or not, etc.
Yes, there are not hundreds of shipping plugins available. Nothing we can do about it. We're a small team, and we're not making enough money which would allow us to have tens or hundreds of developers, like Shopify or Wordpress.
If you can't accept that, that's your choice and you'll have to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

For instance, we currently are having issues exporting all our products. We hit export to csv and everything is in one cell by itself. Its not separated in rows, columns or anything of the sort to be able to manipulate data to import it on other platforms. Making it seem that hikashop is proprietary and you have to start donig some excel work to get things organized right.

Sorry to say, but it seems that you're complaining without looking into the matter first. The CSV HikaShop outputs by default is totally valid. The problem is with the software you're using to open it which doesn't offer you by default an interface to select the separator or automatically detects it. Plus, there is actually a setting in HikaShop to select which separator to use for the exports, in order to better match with your software:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...products.html#287995

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357922

Nicolas, I get thousands of emails a day. Newsletters arent' really top priority for a lot of us business owners.

Thank you for getting on the shipping plugins, if you need assistance we would be willing to help but waiting so long makes it hard for clients to stick by while not getting eta's on anything.

Your clients are even smaller and usually don't have teams or developers. We're lucky because we are an IT support company and usually can figure it out, research or even collaborate to find solutions for everyone involved.

I figured out the export here it is. I'm making a video on youtube for everyone to refer to on our daedalusteks pages.

Well I mean I figured out a while back that the best way to export products in to an excel csv there is a lot of extra steps. Like for instance, when I have to export products I do the following:

Go to the category
Expand list of HIkashop products to maximum possible
Check mark all products possible
Click actions
Export to CSV
Select product_code, product_description, product_keywords, product_meta_description, product_msrp, product_name, product_qty, price_value
Select XLSX as the export file

Nicolas, lets work together bud perhaps we can make this a better experience for everyone involved.

I mean we've been with you for a long ass time bud, since like Joomla 1.8

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by daedalusteks.

3 months 3 weeks ago #357936

Hi,

Thank you for getting on the shipping plugins, if you need assistance we would be willing to help but waiting so long makes it hard for clients to stick by while not getting eta's on anything.

We can't publish an ETA. Priorities change. 2 weeks ago I learned I had to develop a complete new FedEx plugin from scratch next year because the current plugin will stop working at the end of the year as FedEx discontinue the API used by the current plugin. So this means everything else's ETA shifts. If we publish ETAs which we will almost never be able to match accurately, people will be angry.

Your clients are even smaller and usually don't have teams or developers.

We're just 3 on our end. We can't do more than we're already doing.

Well I mean I figured out a while back that the best way to export products in to an excel csv there is a lot of extra steps. Like for instance, when I have to export products I do the following

2 years ago, we released a new feature called "actions as a button". Create a mass action via the menu System>Mass actions, with the action you want and configure the action the way you want it and turn on this "actions as a button" option.
This will add to the products listing an extra button with the name of your mass action as the name of the button.
So you would just need to select the products and click on this button to perform the action, without having to reconfigure the action each time.
This feature was also mentioned in a previous newsletter, when it was added.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds