Display tax on retail prices only.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326565

Hello again,

I apologize for the multiple questions. I was wondering if there is a way to set tax on retail prices only. I have 3 different prices for each product on the site I've provided. Simply registered users are retail. The two other prices are for wholesale. I'd like to set the retail price for the registered users to display with tax, while the other two for the Wholesale to display without tax. Is that possible?

Edit: I'd like to add that all three prices are for different access level users.

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by verzevoul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #326567

Hi,

I believe we're already talking about this exact question here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...-when-logged-in.html
So I'm not sure what else I an say besides what I already said there.
Or maybe I don't understand what you mean ?

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326698

No, basically, what I want is to show one price with tax, and the other without it for wholesale registered users. Here it's about displaying different taxes for different access group users. I hope it makes sense?

Or maybe I got confused whilst reading your reply on the other thread... You did mention tax but not the option to disable it for one user group (which wasn't what I asked there anyway, so you couldn't possibly have known anyway). Anyways, I apologize for the confusion..!

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by verzevoul.

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 4 months ago #326709

Hello,

In order to be sure to understand you well, and detailled more our help, can you have a look and make your returns about this specific points :
1. Retail user, see only only retail price (price with tax)
2. wholesale registered users, see only only price without tax.

If yes, then maybe you can in your tax Acl to create tax restrictions for required user group.

OR you want display for everybody the 2 different price but only display all price and precise for each group different price, like this by example :
Price :
for retail user : 120 Euro (with tax)
for wholesale user : 100 Euro (without tax).

And then maybe you can have a look on this thread to see how to add tag html that will allow you to split price with tax AND price without tax, but you have to have stetted your "Show taxed prices" to "Display both".
In Main HikaShop Configuration, Main tab => Taxes part.

Hope this will help you to get what you need.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327135

I will try the first suggestion. Hopefully all goes well. Thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327577

So, hi. I restricted the tax as you suggested for public users only (it wouldn't work on the new user group I made for retail users... for some reason) but that kind of caused another issue, which was the tax calculation wouldn't work as I've stated here: www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/901515-taxe...atically.html#327448

What I want to do is: I want retail prices to show up with TAX. Wholesale without it. I figure I could ask the client to put wholesale prices without tax and put the retail ones with TAX and set configuration to no tax, but there's a catch... he wants the tax to be calculated when a customer makes an order for wholesale (even if they pay without it). So I'm stuck. I don't think that's actually possible to do, is it?

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 4 months ago #327582

hello,

Sorry for this return, but why do you want to set configuration to no tax ? We aren't sure to follow you well.
If your Tax have to shown for specific user only, this will be the case without unactivate in your main HikaShop configuration tax management ?
Tax Acl must be enough...

Can you details the catch point, is it because you want inform your wholesale user of the price with Tax ?
If, yes maybe you can create a product custom field to add this information, but of course won't affected your total price.
Does this little tricks can fit your needs ? If not, please be more specific in your information, and sorry if we miss our target a little bit with our suggestion.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327746

It's what the client requested. I spoke with him again to make things a bit more clear. He said that he has already set the prices to include tax in the retail prices (without the "with tax" enabled - he just calculated and added it to the price on his own). But he wants tax to show only for two certain user groups (wholesale, super wholesale) when a person is completing their order, depending on the tax % the person will choose. We have created two taxes. 17% and 24%. So basically, he wants the tax to only show at the cart process only for two user groups... Is that possible?

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #327754

Hi,

Well, I'm not sure what you're saying as you're talking about different things here.
For each product HikaShop has two types of price:
- the "retail price" (or MSRP) is a price which is displayed on the product page only. It's there to tell the customer what is the normal price of the product elsewhere. No tax is applied to it. The system just displays it on the product page as you entered it.
- the prices in the "prices" list. That price is displayed on listings, on the product page, in the cart, the order, etc. The tax is calculated on these prices based on your tax rules. And then the system will display them with or without taxes based on your settings.

So if you want to calculate the taxes on the "retail price" and display the retail price taxed or untaxed based on the user group of the customer, that's not possible without custom coding.
But this price is not used in the cart/checkout/order.
The price displayed there is the other type of prices on which taxes are calculated. And you can restrict the tax rules to different user groups. And you can configure the taxed prices to display with or without taxes. However, there is no option to display the taxed prices with or without taxes based on the user group of the user. That would require custom coding.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds