Filters & Search

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310404

Hello,

I am using filter search in many sub categories; fast results and can search everywhere in the whole sub category.
Can I use a filter-search as a main search that appears in main page, on search position?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 7 months ago #310432

Hi,

Could you provide some links/screenshots to illustrate what you want to add where so that we can answer you precisely ?

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310434

Hello,

Of course I can.

In exp1 i am using filter search in a category to search in for books in that category.
I want to use that search in the main page (exp2) as a search for the whole e-shop.

Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #310445

Hi,

Then, you could create a search/filter module via the Joomla modules manager and configure it to be displayed on a position of your template for your homepage menu.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310470

Hello,

So I create that and I pick the filter/search that I want to be displayed.
But there are no results in the search, even when I use the same search that I am using on the sub category.

4 years 7 months ago #310490

Hi,

The results are displayed using a menu item. In the settings of the module, you have a "Menu" setting where you can select a menu item for the display of the results.
In that setting, you should select a menu item of the type HikaShop products listing that you configured to display all your products.
So you might first need to configure that menu item via the Joomla menu manager if you don't have one already.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310495

Hello,

So in that setting I put the id of the root, for example, to search everywhere..?

4 years 7 months ago #310498

Hi,

No, not the id of the root. You need to put the id of a menu item of the type "products listing" that you configured to display all your products. You can configure such menu item via the Joomla menu manager.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310513

Hello,

So like my "home" menu item? That is my default.
Sorry for bothering you for such an easy subject..

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 7 months ago #310523

Hello,

No problem !
To find the menu item ID of your product listing, you'll just have to go to your Joomla back-end menu item listing, and find a menu of the type "Hikashop -> Product listing".

Best Regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310616

Hello,

Sorry I got confused.
I sorted it out, thank you very much.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310628

Hello,

The search on the main page is working great as planned. I did the following: I created a Hikashop Filtering Module, with "filters" a filter-search and Menu the id of the product_listing menu.

But the filter-search, that I used above, is showing up, as filter, in every category and it searches only in the category that is displayed.

I hide the Hikashop Filtering Module, so it will be displayed only in Home page.

Is it possible that the filter-search to be searching in the whole product_listing even that it is in one category as filter?

Thank you in advance.

4 years 7 months ago #310630

Hi,

Make sure that in the "products options" tab of your menu items the "filters" display option is deactivated so that the filters don't appear at the top of the products listing, only in the HikaShop filter module.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310638

Hello,

But in that way wouldnt be deleted all the filters? I need them for sorting etc.

Thank you in advance.

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 7 months ago #310661

Hello,

In order to have a search from your module that is able to filter in all your products listing you have to reproduce this configuration :

In details, you have to switch to "YES" AND define just above the ID of an Item Menu that display All your products.
Other point to answer you, the Item Menu filtering (from Products Options tab and in the "filters" display option) is only able to process filtering in what is display by the Item Menu, BUT maybe to keep the same display structure, you can use the module position feature as on this :

Hope this will fit your needs.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310684

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and the documentation.
To be honest maybe I havent described the problem in the right way.

The problem is not the search module. This is working very well.
The problem is that if I publish the filter-search that I am using on the Hikashop Module Search, that filter-search will be displayed on the products listings. In the products listing I have enabled some other filters to: sort/display most popular/most recent etc. In that case I have two searches in the product listing: I have the global search (thought module) and one search (that filter-search that I am using in Hikashop Module Search) in filters position thought filters display. I dont want to have two searches, which are the same, when the second search will search in the displayed category. I have tried to disable the Menu Assignment in Hikashop Module Search, in order to be displayed only in Main Page.

Note: I have created one more (before asking you all that) search to search in the displayed category, because books have many characteristics and I want to help the user to find the book that he wants through description, ISBN, writer etc. But this search is irrelevant to what I am saying above. Just saying to state that I used another-third filter-search before I tried to set up a global search.

Here is a photo.

What I want: To keep the Hikashop Module Search everywhere and "hide" the filter-search, that I am using on the Hikashop Module Search, because I need the rest of the filters.

Hope to state my thoughts better now, sorry for any inconvenience.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 7 months ago #310696

Hello,

Then I see a rapid solution via some css custom, for start have a look on my screenshot

And to add some custom css in your frontend_file.css, see this tutorial .

Now, in order to applied your command only when it's needed, use in your selector some class that refer to your specific listing products, by example :
=> div#hikashop_category_information_menu_123 .hikashop_filter_main .hikashop_filter_main_brandsearch_2 {
display: none;
}

And multiply this type of command, to remove when you have 2 sub-search part.
Hope this will fit your needs.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310763

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply!
I will test it.

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 7 months ago #323988

Hi,
I was following this with interest and would like to know if the multiple-dropdown filter field can display products instead of categories to pick from?

I understand that this is normally what search engines would do but would like to try it if it is possible. I have set up the appropriate menu (as per above) but can only get a list of categories.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 747
3 years 7 months ago #323989

@smithshop123:

The HikaShop filter system can't do that, but there are extensions out there which can. Look up the JED : e.g. the first one, "Universal AJAX Live Search" , appears to be working with HikaShop as well.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, smithshop123

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds