HikaShop 2.0 beta

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #72191

Hi,

We've worked hard to be able to release that new version of HikaShop.
As all the files of HikaShop (yes 100%) had to be modified in order to be compatible with Joomla 3.0 and PHP 5.4 we decided to try a new approach and publish the new release as a beta for a few days so that we can get feedback from everyone before publishing the new version as final. Of course, we already did a testing phase internally but there are always things that you can't catch so we're hopeful that a maximum of persons will be able to try it out and find bugs.

That new version brings mainly three things:
php 5.4 compatibility
Joomla 3.0 compatibility
A frontend and a backend interface made responsive so that it can adapt to the size of the screen of your device (note that this is only fully operational on Joomla 3.0 thank to the use of bootstrap)

as well as a lot of fixes and some improvements (details will be published in the change log for the final release).

Note that this beta version should not be used in production for now. Also, this is the starter edition so be careful of not updating a Business edition with it as you will loose the Business edition features.

We're waiting for feedbacks for all the versions of Joomla.

www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...0_0_2012-10-31-2.zip

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #72310

Hi Nicolas,

A big thank you. I'm insalling it and I'll tell you how it goes :)

You've just made my day :)

11 years 6 months ago #72318

Hi Nicolas,

I've just tried to install and the install went well, however when I try to access Hikashop Dashboard I'm getting the following error: Error: 500 SQL=SELECT hu.name FROM xxxx_hikashop_order AS o LEFT JOIN xxxx_hikashop_user as hu ON o.order_user_id=hu.user_id LEFT JOIN xxxx_users as u ON u.id=hu.user_cms_id ORDER BY o.order_created ASC LIMIT 1

I've tried to install again and if I go directly to System -> Configuration it's OK, I can navigate between the different tabs, however I can not save any changes. I have tried to makes changes in Zones, Payment Methods, Shipping Methods, Taxes and Currencies and I was able to save changes.
I was able to add and modify a product, a category, coupons, etc. Basically I was able to do pretty much everything expect save changes on Configuration and accessing the Dashboard.

Also, when I go on Extension Manger -> Update, joomla tells me that Hikashop Starter has an update, it says that version is 1.6.0, however if I try to update it says "Invalid extension update" I guess this is simply a problem with the XML file that hasn't been updated.

Any idea what could be the problem for Hikashop Dashboard error and the impossibility to save changes in Configuration?

Thanks

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by freeman76.
  • Thank you received: 4004
11 years 6 months ago #72321

Hi,

Please use our Database driver.

File Attachment:

File Name: hikamysqli.zip
File Size:2 KB

This database driver is an extension of the Joomla 3.0 Mysqli driver with some little modifications in order to display the SQL errors.
(Our patch as been already submitted to the Joomla community and should be include in the next release of Joomla 3.0)

1/ Extract the file "hikamysql.php" into the "libraries/joomla/database/driver/" directory.
2/ Edit your "configuration.php" file manually and change the line
public $dbtype = 'mysqli';
into
public $dbtype = 'hikamysqli';

This drivers would give you the complete SQL error message with some debug traces.

Thanks to this information, we would be able to fix the bug.

Best regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jerome.
11 years 6 months ago #72323

Hi Jerome,

I've followed your steps and in Sytem -> Debut Settings I've set Debut System and Debug Language to Yes and in Server -> Error Reporting I've set it to "Development" and this is what I get:

Notice: Undefined property: JDocumentError::$params in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tests/j3/administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 114

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tests/j3/administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 114

And int the title of the page I'm still getting the same error as before.

I can't see the same page as you, I get a blank page with the error, see the image attached.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by freeman76.
11 years 6 months ago #72324

Hi,

We reproduced the problem and we are building a new package with fixes.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: freeman76
11 years 6 months ago #72325

Here is a new package that you can use which fixes both problems.

Attachments:
11 years 6 months ago #72326

Sweet it solved the problem :) Now I can access the dashboard and I can save changes in the configuration.

I can't wait for the Stable Release to get out to buy the Business Version and start building my site :)

Thank you very much Hikari Team :)

11 years 6 months ago #72333

Hi,

In Joomla 3.0.1, a new bug has been included.
Please edit the file administrator/templates/isis/error.php and change the line 114

if ($this->params->get('headerColor'))
to
if ($params->get('headerColor'))
and the same thing for the line 120
background: <?php echo $this->params->get('headerColor');?>;
to
background: <?php echo $params->get('headerColor');?>;
This bug already fixed by the Joomla community and would be published in the next release (3.0.2 I guess).

Best regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 6 months ago #72344

Hi guys,

I'm seeing some weird behavior when I go to the checkout and I try to add a coupon code, I get the registration windows without any styling, check: awesomescreenshot.com/008kdg0c9

On Chrome, the characters with accents don't display well, I've checked on Firefox, Opera and Safari and there it's OK for the characters but the weird behavior when I enter a coupon code is the same across all browsers.

11 years 6 months ago #72350

Hi,

Thanks for the report.
I fixed the bug and the package is now up to date, still in the same url:
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...2_0_0_2012-10-26.zip

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 6 months ago #72374

Just installed and encountered a big issue. After installing HS found that my local language (dutch) was not loaded and installed it. After making a modification to the file in the bottom edit box & saved it. \'s were added before each menu entry eg. \configuration\, \categories\. Going back go the languages and reloading & saving the file made it worse. It added another \, after a couple times my menu's were looking like \\\configuration\\\, \\\categories\\\. So i uninstalled it. During that process i got the following (not translated by google, so exact wording for full english Joomla might be a little different)

warning

Remove failed assets

Failed to delete / home / <account> / domains / <domain.tld> / public_html / plugins / hikashoppayment / okpay / assets

JInstaller :: Install: Can not find Joomla XML setup file

Remove atos.php failed

Failed to delete / home / <account> / domains / <domain.tld> / public_html / plugins / content / hikashopsocial / atos.php

Remove atos_configuration.php failed

Failed to delete / home / <account> / domains / <domain.tld> / public_html / plugins / content / hikashopsocial / atos_configuration.php

Remove atos_configuration_logos.php failed

Failed to delete

Remove atos_end.php failed

Failed to delete / home / <account> / domains / <domain.tld> / public_html / plugins / content / hikashopsocial / atos_end.php

There are no extensions installed that match your query
Uninstall plugin is successful.

if i delete the dutch language files via FTP, everything looks all good again.

I was able to reproduce (atleast partially)

* Go to configuration, the notice about language not installed will appear, load the latest (dutch) language file. > hit save & close > press apply & voila the 1st set of \ appear. Due to that the message now appears that the latest version of the language is not installed, probably due to the \'s

I then reloaded the language file > made the modifaction of PRICE_AFTER_TAX=" exclusief BTW) " to ... inclusief BTW) ". Saved & closed again.
Again went back, clicked the load language link, and checked at the bottom. The override string was now no longer PRICE_AFTER_TAX=" inclusief BTW) ", but got changed to PRICE_AFTER_TAX=\" inclusief BTW) \". Seems like there is something broken in the multilanguage part of hikashop. This may be due to the beta being a starter edition that doesnt (shouldn't?) handle languages but i thought i'd flag it anyway so it can get fixed before the beta goes final.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Ch3vr0n.
11 years 6 months ago #72385

Hi,

Do you have same "add slashes" problem in other parts of HikaShop or in Joomla 3.0 ?
Can you verify your "Magic Quotes" value in "System > System Information > PHP Settings" ? The default value is "Off".

We fixed "okay" uninstall problem.
I can't explain yet the "atos / hikashopsocial" problem, XML of hikashopsocial is right, no "atos" reference.
We would processed to some uninstall tests.

Thanks for your report !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 6 months ago #72401

magic quotes are on, safe mode is off, open Basedir is on.
i have other multilingual components installed and they work just fine

11 years 6 months ago #72408

Joomla 3.0 is not compatible with magic quote on. It's a requirement of Joomla 3.0 that this setting should be turned off:
www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
That's why you get the \ added everywhere when you save the language file.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
11 years 6 months ago #72419

weird, everything else works just fine. i checked the php settings in joomla and it didnt flag the quotes as an incompatible thing. it may explain an other issue with a different component but i doubt it. I'll ask my server techies to disable it. I'll get back to you ok this.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #72436

This is a tutorial www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-3-magic-quotes/

Magic Quotes Error With Joomla 3 Installation

We've had a few members report a problem when installing Joomla 3.

Basically their hosting service is out-of-date or incorrectly set up. During the installation they get an error message saying that something called "Magic Quotes" needs to be turned off.

Here's an explanation of that problem and how you can fix it.,,,

11 years 6 months ago #72439

well since my install was done via installatron that installation procedure doesn't apply for me.

Edit. Tried the php.ini fix file on FTP host, didn't work. Also J3 flagged a new update 1.6.0 as being ready. I tried to update from within joomla itself and joomla errors out with

"Error
Invalid extension update"

I then clicked on the link below "url data", spotted the actual download link being www.hikashop.com/component/updateme/down...ikashop/download.zip and manually downloaded file com_hikashop_starter_1.6.0_2012-10-27.zip that way.

Installing gave a yellow warning:

Warning
JInstaller: :Installing: Cannot find Joomla XML configuration file and component was not updated from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0

Tried a different approach: uninstalled 1.5.8, tried to install 1.6.0 directly. It failed with the above warning about the configuration file. Component did not install.

oh: and i can setup a dual lingual J3 on a live server if you want / need it for testing :)

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Ch3vr0n.
11 years 6 months ago #72446

When will the Business Edition be available?

11 years 6 months ago #72463

It depends on the feedbacks.
It would be great if others could try the new starter and not only on Joomla 3.0 but on 2.5 and 1.5 too.
The more we have feedbacks the faster.
Also, if it's working for you, let us know too.

@Ch3vr0n:
It's normal that you can't update to HikaShop 1.6.0 on Joomla 3.0... HikaShop 1.6.0 installation package is not compatible with Joomla 3.0

It's not normal that the joomla installer found a new version though. But that might be a bug in Joomla itself. Do you have the same thing if you go in the menu Help->Update/About us of HikaShop ? If not, it's highly likely to be a problem of extension updates on 3.0

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds