HikaShop not on the JED, why ?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #26096

nicolas wrote:

We are currently finalizing next release of HikaShop and we'll try to recontact them just after we do it.

any date for the new release ? and feature list ?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 7 months ago #26097

We got a bit delayed. We were about to do it last week. We'll do it this week hopefully.
The main feature will be filters on products listings but there will be lot of other small features.

12 years 7 months ago #26115

thank you

• Thank you received: 35
12 years 6 months ago #26289

nicolas wrote:

It's been 3 months and 3 days since we got the email from the JED. We didn't get any reply yet.

We are currently finalizing next release of HikaShop and we'll try to recontact them just after we do it.

Please, let us know as you done
and let us know if we can help on it...

12 years 6 months ago #26290

Thanks. We sent them an email today. Now, we'll have to wait for their answer.

• Thank you received: 17
12 years 6 months ago #26295

What a painful and almost deliberate system. lets hope they do something a bit faster now.

Being one of the, what seems like many, people that got caught out by the Redshop automatic paypal rip off (no, I really dont remember signing up for 250 euros a year for access to a forum !) with nothing but rude replies and tough luck attitudes it was such a fresh breath of air to stumble across hikashop (on google, not JED spookily). so whatever can be done to promote such a great ecommerce product I am 100% behind it.

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by rikatos.

12 years 6 months ago #26341

IMHO Hikashop Starter is a LOT more complete than many other free systems. Much of what is only in the commercial Hikashop systems is as much to do with 'branding' than 'functionality' and any company that can't afford €50 / €100 per year for such a professional product doesn't deserve to stay in business! And Hikashop is VERY up-front about what you do and don't get for free.

Compare that with (say) Community Builder where you have to pay €50 per year for documentation!!

Nicholas - send me the email address of someone in JED !!

12 years 6 months ago #26342

Thank you for your support.

Note that HikaShop doesn't have to be renewed every year. Once you buy it for your website, you have it for life. The maintenance subscription (which is 20% of the price approximately, not 100%) entitles you to get access to new versions, support and the cron service for your website after the first year.

The general email to write to the JED team is:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

However, you might get more attention by posting on the JED forum :
forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=262&sid...7dc4b2b099aa45322c22

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 6 months ago #26604

One of my clients that I built a site for using a paid version of Hikashop was in a panic when she saw the post on the JED site. Not sure why see was there, but I assured her that you guys were the best out there when it comes to Joomla carts. I was surprised myself to see the posting on the JED site and so I found these postings on the forum and decided to put my thoughts on it in here. For anybody considering purchasing or even using the free version, you will not find better support for this type of product anywhere. And the extension is awesome, there is a bit of learning curve, but I find that in any shopping cart that has enough features to be really valuable. And far as a learning curve, this one may not be easy, but I find it a lot easier than the competition. Couldn't be happier, I hope I get the opportunity to use it on even more sites. I have it on three sites right now and have never had an issue that couldn't be resolved quickly and easily.

And I'm definitely contacting JED to complain. I use CB and their business model would seem to be far more in violation that HikaShop. Not to mention the dozens of etension I use that have the same business model as Hikashop and they are all listed.

Best of luck guys, you don't deserve this treatment from JED.

Amended portion:

I just went through the three pages on the JED Forum about this problem. I'm very disappointed in the way the JED staff is handling this particular case. It shows the worst side of the Joomla organization and I think it is in their best interest to apologize, reinstate the listing in the JED and move on. Everyone will be far better off. Otherwise it leaves an ugly taste in my mouth that I shouldn't have to have.

I guess at this point it is up to all the loyal users of Hikashop to make some noise and post positive reviews on Google and so forth to make up for the lack of advertising that they deserve at Joomla.org

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by beemerrider.

12 years 6 months ago #26605

+1

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

12 years 6 months ago #26606

+1
Can someone let me know what would be the best way for Hikashop satisfied users to appeal to the JED on behalf of or in support for Hikashop?
[beemerrider] what did you do? who did you contact?

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by duponsa. Reason: wanted to ask...

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 6 months ago #26607

I posted my comments on this thread as a start.
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=6...4&p=2633727#p2633727

12 years 6 months ago #26626

It's pointless to fight with arrogant and blind non-humans which are called JED moderators. I'm not German, but JoomlaOS.DE does much more work then JED. There u can find the real rating of Hika and many more extensions not listed on JED, bcz of stupid rules which even they're (the damn arrogant moderators) don't follow. Current version of JED is a joke. Internal redirects in Mosets tree are hacked (in the good for some ppl meaning), to send URL's via engines such as adf.ly, well something better then ADF LY, don't have time and nerves for hacking JED right now to get to the exact traffic exchange script. As I mentioned above, if u give me xx% from sells, I'll feature your application (well, I is someone in JED, not me :) ). Imagine world without JED, what will be Joomla! - nothing, same as MIA ( miacms.org/ ) - good cms, no extensions.... 4.9 was damn good, but now is dead.

So, if there are people with free time, let's make the real JED. Hikari Team gets more popularity thanks to something which is not understandable by JED moderators. Community - no one pays attention to what community sites do - some like JoomlaOS.DE - lists all extensions and templates (without PAID), some like Farsi communities - releases everything, no matter is it paid template/extension or not.
Joomla! currently is translated in over 50 languages (accredited) plus 20-30 more non-accredited. This are 80 mini-JED sites, listing HikaShop and not only to they're countries in they're languages.

I'm (still) Hika Translator I can assure you that ppl decide to download HikaShop from my sites, bcz they're can read Hika Features in Bulgarian, not everyone knows English, French or Japanese. Ppl want to read in they're language. So 1 JED pseudo official or 80 non-official jeds - that's the question ? :)

12 years 6 months ago #26635

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Bugger101.

12 years 6 months ago #26636

Thank you everyone for your support. We also hope that this situation gets resolved soon.

We didn't get yet an answer for our email we sent to the JED on Thursday last week asking to be unbanned as the three months ban period has expired.

12 years 6 months ago #26637

Bugger101 wrote:

I agree with you ep98, if somebody/s had the time to man an alternative website, I think it would be warmly welcomed. I'm pretty sure there would be a few peeps around here who know how to build websites... ;) If the European sites work, then emulating them wouldn't be too hard... Who has the time is the answer?

Anyone feel passionately about this?

Fingers crossed for you Nicolas :)

Such thing can be done in simple way without being GURU :)
Extensions directory with Alpha Content + J! Core, Mosets Tree, Zoo, FlexiContent, Phoca Download, jDownloads and multi-lingual via GTranslate, only few moderators/content submitters are required.

Current way is almost ok, download link should be added to local (outdated in most casses mirror, if the extension maintainer not overtake the control of it) mirror, where the user can download extension in case the dev site is unreachable, down or hacked. No one is protected from hacking.

Free comments powered by Akismet and reCaptcha are enough, where everyone can say whatever he/she think about the extension.
Free rates (strange, but from 2 years I can't rate any apps or comment)
Option for affiliate shop, where will be listed paid extension such as HikaShop Business and/or JomSocial which percent to the site.
Option for FAQ/Discussions, some extension developers, don't maintain forums. Hikari Team have time - here is the forum, but some which are made and release for free 2k plugin - don't have forums.

Modules:
Featured - after users voting
Popular by visits, by downloads, by rates
Most commented
Most downloaded (some applications don't need to be commented, they're just works, or they're listed by professional like Nicolas - one simple question via mail - will hika work in that way or not - and the client decides what to buy or not).

Image flags for real native apps and for ported such as Community Builder and Mosets Tree. Which displays 1.7 Compatible and 1.7 Native, HikaShop is native, Phoca Extensions are too, but most are only compatible with 1.7, jDownloads is compatible only.
Team of testers, if extension developers tries to put hidden advertise links in his otherwise GPLed extension to be de-listed, like one old case with AdSense module from JED.
Listing with all FSF licenses, so every developer can decide what applies to his work - FSF or Common Creative licenses.
Listings which are owned by extension developer, to have links to the language packs for they're extension.

It's not so complicated, it's just not for one man....

And Nicolas we can keep waiting, JED are like FSF, I reported real GPL violators like the author of yvComments - and the result is one big 0 - no one is FSF cares about this, nor JED cares about HikaShop removal and my extensions removal. Over 20 JFish Content Elements was removed without reason and never put back, who loose in that case - JFish users, not me.

• Thank you received: 65
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 6 months ago #26643

nicolas wrote:

Thank you everyone for your support. We also hope that this situation gets resolved soon.

We didn't get yet an answer for our email we sent to the JED on Thursday last week asking to be unbanned as the three months ban period has expired.

I wonder if it doesnt come from ecommerce concurrents

12 years 6 months ago #27035

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Bugger101.

12 years 6 months ago #27036

erickb wrote:

nicolas wrote:

I wonder if it doesnt come from ecommerce concurrents

could be possible too

Just Hika Team have to make regular news updates, which to be translated to the local communities. 80 is more and better then 1 :)

12 years 6 months ago #27768

HikaShop has been republished on the JED:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart/14275

Thank you everyone for your support !

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds