Guest checkout

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 5 months ago #129859

Hi,

Yes it has been released, it's in the 2.2.2 version of HikaShop.
In Configuration > Checkout > Login & Registration, you can change the options as you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 5 months ago #129871

Xavier wrote: Hi,

Yes it has been released, it's in the 2.2.2 version of HikaShop.
In Configuration > Checkout > Login & Registration, you can change the options as you want.

That may be so... but I can't get it to work, and your integrated "help" function is not updated to the "new" upgrade. I must be missing something. For example there doesn't appear to be an option to register or buy as guest... I assume thats what the switcher is for? etc...

10 years 5 months ago #129992

Hi,

Do you had edited any views related on the registration ? If it is, your override replace the new view in frontend so you don't see the new feature, thanks to remove the customization by clicking on the dustbin in the views listing. (don't forget to save your modifications in an external view.

The switcher allow to select the way the customer want to checkout, if you don't have the option to purchase as guest in frontend, that probably because of a bad configuration in backend.
Thanks to give us a screenshot of that configuration.

10 years 5 months ago #130030

BINGO... deleting the edits to the template views worked... thanks.

Unfortunately my formatting is now all wonky....could you help me rebuild the checkout view.

Issues:
Padding after "Choose & Guest"
Align the radio buttons. Either justify left or centre them on page
Padding between boxes
Move Login before guest.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by oxheadproductions.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 5 months ago #130053

Hi,
I think that all these issue can be achieved with some CSS code customization, here is a link that will probably be useful for you :).

10 years 5 months ago #130071

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
I think that all these issue can be achieved with some CSS code customization, here is a link that will probably be useful for you :).

Thanks for the fast response but the link you attached doesn't help much. I can stumble through the CSS files with a little luck and trial and error... however I can't figure out how to align the switcher radio buttons... they are currently willy nilly at the top of the page. One line centred... or all 3 justified left... ?

10 years 5 months ago #130129

oxheadproductions wrote:

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the fast response but the link you attached doesn't help much. I can stumble through the CSS files with a little luck and trial and error... however I can't figure out how to align the switcher radio buttons... they are currently willy nilly at the top of the page. One line centred... or all 3 justified left... ?

I got it working ... thanks

9 years 10 months ago #160847

I have the latest commercial version of your component I paid for in Joomla 3.2 and i dont see the option for no registration in the section you are referring to i only see this below. Please advise. version 2.3.1 17 mai 2014

Registration
Simplified registration
Simplified registration with password

If i select guest and the email already is in the system i get the below. I would like for it not to read if a email exists

Error

Email address already used

1 Login
2 End

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by labossiere.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 10 months ago #160867

Hi,

It's normal that you get that error if you're using an email that is already used for a joomla user account.
Please use a new email address and you'll see that you can use it as much as you want to place orders without an account.

9 years 10 months ago #161353

OK but we would like to disable this as sometimes clients forgot that they have created an account and it causes us to lose sales when they are held up from ordering. Some people will call but most do not so we would like to disable the email requirement all together.

HOW do we do this?
Thanks

9 years 10 months ago #161585

Hi,

This is not possible by default, it will require some core file edition and so a good PHP level.

9 years 8 months ago #166548

Joomla! 3.2.3
HikaShop: 2.3.0

Requesting further help on this topic, in our settings we have the following options:

Registration
Simplified registration
Simplified registration with password

In the documentation ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5....html#checkout_login . ) it doesn't define what each type/selection does. What we are looking for is a way for someone who is brand new to either choose to create an account or choose to checkout as a guest, and for those returning, we are satisfied with the setup that is showing now. Right now this is what our customers see: www.dropbox.com/s/n9bto56e3e4yqno/Screen...08-05%2020.04.18.png but I this is not friendly for new customers because what we are finding is that if you aren't already a user, you don't get to become one. So it is missing a third option, should have "Login, Create An Account, or Checkout as Guest". Is this featured offered?

These are our current settings:
(Preview: www.dropbox.com/s/xyik95r5cr73zyf/Screen...08-05%2020.10.39.png )
Login: Yes
Display Method: All in one
Display Email confirmation: Yes
Ask address on registration: No

But with this, it means that you would have already needed to be a customer/user, or you will checkout as a guest, and never have the option to create a user account if you so desire, is this correct?

If I change the option to "Simplified registration" or "Simplified registration with password", I get the following: www.dropbox.com/s/9hc0k0unj8lyojx/Screen...08-05%2020.04.02.png where it has the User login on the left and "Registration Not Allowed" on the right. What are these two Registration options supposed to do?

Thank you

9 years 8 months ago #166564

Hi,

You need to change the "Display Method" option. Then, you'll be able to select both "guest" and another "registration" method in the option below, and the user will be presented with the three choices: login, guest, registration.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 3 months ago #186509

Hi,

I am using Joomla 2.5 Hikashop 2.3.5 site www.mephit.cz

I've configured checkout to be a switcher that allows for both Registration and Guest purchase.

When I access the site as guest, put item in a basket and then click on the basket to go to checkout I get error message shown in screenshot (basically two times same prompt to login first).

My intended configuration is for user to allow to choose between registration / login / guest purchase during checkout

Thanks,

Karol

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 3 months ago #186511

Hi,

Are you sure that the checkout menu your create does not have a ACL restriction ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 2 months ago #190372

Nope, everything is set to public.

9 years 2 months ago #190591

Hi,

Please give us a screenshot of your checkout settings in Configuration > Checkout.
ps: I am not able to add a product to the cart, I think that you have set restrictions, or edited a view.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 2 months ago #190670

I am just setting up a site for a friend and realize that he needs to purchase the Essential version in order to have Guest Checkout as well as registered checkout. He will not have any problem with purchasing that from you. However, my question is whether I can get support for him even though he will be the one paying for it. :-)

9 years 2 months ago #190678

Hi,

That won't be a problem.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 2 months ago #190829

Thank you Nicolas. I did get him to purchase the Essential package and it worked right away. :-)

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds