HikaMarket Questions on Multi Vendor Setup

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 3 months ago #187157

-- HikaShop version -- : 1.5.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

A few questions on Hikamarket

1) Is there any customization of the individual Vendor pages?
2) Can vendors earn their own affiliate credit?
3) Is there a menu or module that can list vendors? Anyway for a user to quickly find their favorite vendor?
4) Can vendors have vendors (subvendors)?
5) On the Vendor Page, do we have any options to sort, choose, or search by category? Can a Vendor have their own menu?
6) Can product be associated with more than 1 vendor - whichever vendor page the order comes from gets the sale?
7) Can Vendor products be displayed by carousel (if upgraded to Business package)?

Thanks for the assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 3 months ago #187160

Hi,

1/ The vendor pages, like every view in HikaMarket and HikaShop can be override in order to be customized.

2/ Vendor and affiliation are two different things, so I'm not sure I understand clearly this question.

3/ HikaMarket have a "vendor listing" menu and you can also create a "vendor listing" module.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikamarket/vendors-listing

4/ Vendors have users which can have different rights.
But there is no subvendors in HikaMarket.

5/ In the vendor page you can place a product listing module to show the vendor products.
It is possible then to use some HikaShop filters if you want to add some sorting, searching or filtering.

6/ A product can have just one single vendor.
But thanks to the "vendor attribution" system, you can have dynamic system for the selection of the vendor (like the "vendor zone" or the "vendor selection" custom fields).

HikaMarket 1.5.3 have also a feature to have dynamic variant ; when using the special characteristic "vendor" to a product, the vendors can create a variant for that product and be listing as a characteristic of the product.

7/ Yes for sure.
The vendor products are regular products, they are just assigned to a vendor (letting him edit the product and earn money of these sales).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 3 months ago #187164

Hi Jerome,

Clarifications below:

1) I see where I can customize a single vendor page, but I was wondering if each vendor could have a different customization? If so, I am not sure where to "assign" the different views
2)Can each vendor have their own affiliates, so the affiliate gets commission only on sales from that vendor?
3) I was looking for an easier way to list vendors. Perhaps a dropdown list or a sub menu that lists all the vendors.
4) n/a
5) So a vendor can't have their own menu, with has categories of their products, correct?
6) Not sure I understand. Can you point me to the documentation?
7) I meant can a carousel on the vendor's page ONLY display the vendor's products. Each Vendor get's their products on the carousel on their own page.
8)Can vendors be subcategorized? Example: US Vendors and Canadian Vendors.

The reason behind 3 and 8 is I plan on having many vendors and a looking for ways to make finding/organizing the vendors easier for the user.

9 years 3 months ago #187169

Hi,

1/ The vendor can't customize himself his vendor page.
But you can for example, propose several layouts for the vendor page and let the vendor select his layout regarding a vendor custom field.
It requires some code in the "vendormarket | showcontainer_default" (or "vendormarket | show") and create a vendor custom field (a dropdown one, with several values into).

2/ The HikaShop affiliation system (proposed by HikaShop business) is global to the website.
The affiliation is stored in the user account ; there is no affiliation per vendor (and I have to admit that I don't see how it would work ; how I could implement it).

3/ HikaMarket offers some "types" ; there is a "vendor_selection" type which allow to list the vendors in a dropdown (or have a selection using a namebox or popup).
This type is used in the front-end or back-end for the vendor selections.
It is possible to use also this type in your store (using some PHP code).

5/ Using the "vendor category" system ; it is possible to have such kind of organization.
The vendor will also be a category in your store, with the vendor products into (and the vendor can create/organize his products & categories like his wants).

6/ The "vendor zone" and the "vendor selection" are two settings in the HikaMarket configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general
There is also a little paragraph for the vendor selection in the market tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...tml#tuto_market_conf

7/ Yes
A carousel is a product listing module with a special display.
Using the setting "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible", HikaMarket will filter the products for the current displayed vendor.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...es-form.html#details

8/ Yes.
You can use the vendor category if you want to categorize them in the front-end.
Because a vendor will be also a category, the vendor category can be moved and can be organized like you want.
There is also the possibility to use a vendor custom field but it will require specific development to improve the display, so the vendor category will be easier.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #188121

Thank you for your help. 1, 2, 3 are closed.

Questions 5, 6, 8 are all related.
Trying to determine whether vendor categories or vendor zones will best accomplish what I am trying. I would like a customer to be able to search for vendors in a state and/or city.

Can I use Vendor Categories to make Vendor Categories and Sub Categories?
Example: USA->California->San Francisco->Vendor 1

If so, not sure I understand how the Product categories would get layered in. If set up like the example above, do I need to then set up separate categories for every vendor?

Or is it better to use Vendor Zones? If zones, is there a way for the customer to search/choose a vendor based on Vendor Zones?

9 years 3 months ago #188180

Hi,

The vendor can have an address which are stored thanks to the "vendor custom fields".
When there is a vendor registration, HikaMarket will copy the user address into the vendor.

About the category, by default HikaMarket place all vendors under the same category but it is possible thanks to a little custom plugin to select another parent category when the vendor is created (or updated).
If you want more details about it ; I know that I already provide some code sample in this forum.
Using such kind of custom plugin, you can, depending the vendor address, create a tree structure.
And you can even create a dynamic structure, where your plugin could create categories if the state or the city is not there.

After that, if your vendor registration is manual, you might no need some custom plugin and you can create the vendor yourself and move the vendor category where you want (by changing his parent category)

Around the vendor address, we also have an integration with "my maps location" which can display the vendors in a map and allow the customer to make some search for products around his current location.

The vendor zones are useful if you want to have "sales rep".
When a customer buy a product which doe snot have vendor assignation, HikaMarket will dynamically assign the product to a vendor depending the customer address and the vendor zones.
So, I don't think that feature will be what you're looking for.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #188209

For now, the vendor registration can stay manual. To confirm I understand using Vendor categories, if I have a tree structure for Vendor using location, I will need to have a separate Product Categories tree underneath EACH vendor, correct?

Is there a way for a user to search for a Vendor using the Vendor Zone?

9 years 3 months ago #188214

Hi,

1. Correct

2. Yes, like explained in my previous message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #188252

Hi Jerome,

I am not sure I see using Vendor Zone as a way of searching for a vendor in your prior message.

I see a Vendor getting credit if a sales happens in their Zone, but not a Front End way of Searching.

The vendor zones are useful if you want to have "sales rep".
When a customer buy a product which doe snot have vendor assignation, HikaMarket will dynamically assign the product to a vendor depending the customer address and the vendor zones

Did I miss something?

9 years 3 months ago #188253

Hi,

Around the vendor address, we also have an integration with "my maps location" which can display the vendors in a map and allow the customer to make some search for products around his current location.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #188258

Ok. I see. Sorry. I thought that had to do with just using the Vendor address. Did not realize Zones had any to be used for the plugin.

9 years 3 months ago #188260

Hi,

Vendor zones are just used for the "sales rep".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds