Possible to just show latest products on carousel

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 11 months ago #201427

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

I've been trying to figure out how to just show the latest products to the carousel or even featured products.

Is this possible? Thanks

Also, I notice that I lose my breadcrumb bar when selecting one of the products on the carousel and that the URL shows hikashop - is it possible to add the breadcrumb back and make the url like the other products?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #201462

Hi,

You have to configure the module for the sorting or the feature product option. www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...es-form.html#product

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 11 months ago #201653

Thanks, but it is still not obvious how to show featured products. Where is this setting on the help documentation you posted in the link above?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13070
8 years 11 months ago #201660

Hi,

HikaShop comes preinstalled with a latest products module. You can configure it via the menu Display>Content modules and the Joomla modules manager. In the content modules menu, there will be a "enable carousel" setting which will allow you to configure the carousel on that module.

Similarly, if you already have a module configured as a carousel and that you want it to display latest products, you want to edit that module via the menu Display>Content modules and change the settings to adapt them to what you want exactly. I can't give a precise explanation of what to do as it depends on how you already have the module configured. But on this page, like any page of the backend, you'll find a "help" button on which you can click and which will give an explanation of each field of the page.

Regarding the breadcrumbs, I would recommend to turn on the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and make sure that you fill in the URL you want for the product page in the "canonical URL" field of your products. That will fix the breadcrumb automatically and also improve your SEO.

The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts

8 years 11 months ago #201879

Maybe I'm being thick here, but I don't see any options on the the content module that I'm using for my carousel to select just latest products or even featured products? Can you post a screenshot please.

The help guides are useful but they don't give examples of configuration and what effect it has.

Thank you for your patience.

I've been using VM for over 6 years and this is a bit of a learning curve!

• Thank you received: 13070
8 years 11 months ago #201883

Hi,

Go in the menu Display>Content modules and edit your module.
There, you have the "ordering direction" and "ordering column" settings. If you select descending and product_created respectively in these options, the products will be ordered based on their creation date in descending order on your module.
You also have the "associated category" setting there. You could select a "featured" unpublished category you would create via the Products>Categories menu and then add as a second category to all the products you would like on that module.

You can see many concrete examples of content modules with the modules already setup by default when you install HikaShop. By default you have: a latest products module, a brands module, a categories on 2 levels module, a categories on 1 level module, a best sellers module, a recently viewed module, a random products module and a best rated products module.
So that's already plenty of examples of how to configure the content module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts

8 years 11 months ago #201942

Thank you very much, got it!

So the way featured products work is different to VM - in HikaShop you need to create a hidden category, now I see why I couldn't just select it on the product page as per VM.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds