9 years 11 months ago #157822

-- url of the page with the problem -- : demo.battleva.co.uk/cubicle
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Hi,
I have a real problem, if you add items to the cart it seems to work ok, but if you leave them there the cart never empties and when you then try to manually remove products you get the message cart empty.
If however I add a new product to the cart I can them remove the old stuff
Joomla cache is not switched on and I have tried clearing my browser cache

Please help.

Thanks

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #157836

Maybe you're in panic, but this is all a bit confusing.

To start somewhere, the topic header

Cannot empty checkout

makes no sense. Checkout can't be "emptied" anyway. Guess it's about the cart...

bettston wrote: if you add items to the cart it seems to work ok, but if you leave them there the cart never empties

That alone is not a problem. It's certainly a good thing if things stay in the cart when you leave them there. When carts are being "auto-emptied" can be set in the backend.

bettston wrote: when you then try to manually remove products you get the message cart empty.

That's also good and normal: you remove all from the cart, and then it's empty. You're being told - cool.

bettston wrote: If however I add a new product to the cart I can them remove the old stuff

Why... you said already before that "when you try to manually remove products you get the message cart empty".

bettston wrote: Please help.

Help with what? Please understand that help can only be given if it's clearly described what for.

If your cart doesn't empty, e.g. something being removed, you getting the message cart is empty but the item is still in, then just say so. It's what I'm guessing your problem is, but please confirm, or please tell what it is.

If this is the problem, is that for only one particular user? Or for any (new) user and new add-to-cart actions?

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lousyfool.

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 11 months ago #157847

Ok,
maybe I did not explain my self correctly.

1. add 2 products to the cart
2. come back tomorrow and they are still there (which is fine) but if I try and remove one from the cart it will say "cart is empty" and the product will remain in the cart
3. add a new product to the cart and now I am able to remove the ones it refused to before.

This is using internet explore, haven't tried on any non Microsoft browsers

Tony

9 years 11 months ago #157857

Aaaah ok.

First, this is certainly not depending on browser.

Next, maybe you discovered a bug:
I just tried the same, adding 2 items to the cart, logging out, then back in and trying to delete one item. On first click on the delete icon nothing happened, the item stayed in the cart. On second click on the same icon it did delete the item, and all was good.

Try if a second click will do for you, too?

However...
Yes, I'd think that a single click should do the trick.

SUPPORT? Anyone looking? ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

9 years 11 months ago #157866

Hi,
no a second click makes no difference, same message, now you say you logged out, but I am using as a guest so there is no login or out.

Tony

9 years 11 months ago #157870

Hmm, if I do so as guest, the following happens:

If I leave the browser window open, I can easily and with a single click delete individual items from the cart. No problem.

If I close the browser (shut it down) and re-launch it, the cart is completely gone and empty. So, you must have left it open "over night"? Just wondering what your browser did while you were asleep, haha.

Please double-check:

1. Close browser completely, then re-launch it. As guest, whatever your cart was before, it should be empty now. Is it?
  2. Add two different items to the cart and don't go to checkout. Can you delete an item from the cart now?

If trouble persists, maybe there are some weird cookies present from previous sessions, and you might just need to delete all cookies from your domain in the browser, reload the site, and then it might be all good and working, at least as guest. Yes?

Then, I asked Xavier to take a look at this - let's see what he's got to say when he gets to it.

EDIT: Meant to say "close the browser", not just the window. Now corrected here above.

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lousyfool.

9 years 11 months ago #157882

Hi,
if I add items to the basket as a guest, close the IE11 tab then open a new one the basket is still there. It is very rare that I actually close IE altogether normally just put the machine to sleep.

Tony

9 years 11 months ago #157884

bettston wrote: if I add items to the basket as a guest, close the IE11 tab then open a new one the basket is still there.

Yup, I see, and guess that's normal. Initially I also wrote about "closing the window" (or tab, for that matter), but meant closing the browser = really shutting it down and relaunching it... had edited my post since then accordingly.

Anyway, you may try once you have the opportunity. (Can't you tell IE to re-open all tabs on re-launch? Pffffff... bad bad browser... :lol: )

9 years 11 months ago #157888

Ok,
much to my disgust I shut IE down completely, reopened and the cart is still there!.

Tony

9 years 11 months ago #157890

Hmm, I know that IE is a very special browser (which is why I don't use it and never will, hehe), but it seems to be even more special.

Go, delete the cookies of your own domain in IE (and just in case also browser cache), then reload your site. The guest cart must be history then. If not, the culprit is in Joomla (some cache "hiding" from you?) or database (corrupt field?).

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #157932

Please, let it to someone of the support team.
It is actually a public holiday in France (and the rest of the team is at the JAB).
So please wait tomorrow for someone of the support team, specialized in the cart system, to take a look at this.

With too much message, it will be just impossible to understand something.
So please let us make our job when you see that it becomes to complicated.

More you will reply, more the thread will take time to be read by someone of the support team.
So lousyfool, just do not answer and we will work on it, because we have a queue for the support threads.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 11 months ago #158558

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your problem, adding 2 items in the cart, removing one, then the other one, no problems, empty cart message displayed.
Then I added a product, no matter, even on IE.

Could you give us the version of IE you are using ?

9 years 11 months ago #158561

Hi,
the version is 11.0

thanks

Tony

9 years 11 months ago #158627

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the issue on your website. The items can be removed without problems.
Could you give us a step by step indications to reproduce ?

Can you try to change the session handler in Joomla configuration ?

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 11 months ago #158870

There is some type of bug. I got the same thing and I can a sure you that is not browser related. I tested in opera, firefox and i.e. chrome and safari. I had all browsers open and return home and could not delete from any of them. What work was I had to add something to the cart like it force it to refresh on the server side then I was able to delete the items.

I don't have SSL enabled so I not sure if it's really bug but if SSL doesn't matter in this case then it's is one.

9 years 10 months ago #158894

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce the issue on our end, and the link provided by bettston is no more working.
Thanks to give a valid link in order to make more tests.

Do we have to logout and then login to have this issue ?

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #158978

no I have seen the issue without having to login.

Add something to the cart and leave it there for maybe 6 hours or so then come back and try to clear the cart.

9 years 10 months ago #158980

Hi,
the original website still works: demo.battleva.co.uk/cubicle/ . I have just tried and as nokki said don't login ata all, just add to cart, close ie11 come back later and the cart is still there.

Tony

9 years 10 months ago #159016

Hi,

This seems to be an issue based on the Joomla session settings and HikaShop Cart retaining period.
Could you try other settings ?

When closing my browser and opening it again, I still have the cart and can delete items. But I have not tried to wait may hours.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 10 months ago #159161

Hi i have a similar problem but i have something to add . When i login, add a product to the cart and then logout the next time i login the product is in the cart (intended) but when i try to delete it from the checkout page the delete icon completes the order! If i add another product to the cart and then try to remove a product everything works fine. I have temporarily fixed the issue by changing session handler to none. It worked for about a week but then suddenly i could't even login to the platform so i had to change it back. I am waiting for any updates on this issue as it renders the shop unfunctional. Thank you in advance

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds