Display limited to doesn t work for me

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299108

-- HikaShop version -- : 4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hi! I tried on many fields before opening the ticket, but I can t hide any field with this "Display limited to".
Can I pm you to see?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 6 months ago #299110

Hi,

It's often because of a javascript error on the page, which prevents the initialization of the custom fields javascript.
We would need precise instructions to reproduce the issue on your website.
Also screenshots of the settings of the two custom fields involved would be helpful.
If it requires that you send us sensitive information of your website to be able to provide that, please use our contact form along with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299168

Hi Nicolas.
The url of the filter that has the limited setting .
The url of the filter that has the chosen value of the previous field

the front end with the filters. Filters are in the same module (with id 127)
If you choose in . Μάρκα -> Alfaromeo . you get redirected to

Before choosing alfaromeo with the settings of limited to , Μοντέλο αυτοκινήτου shouldn t be there.
That is my problem.

I don t know if I m in the right direction for what I want to acomplish.
I need to show only Μοντέλο αυτοκινήτου (car models) that are for a chosen Μάρκα (brand ex. alfaromeo which is my first test)
I thought to create as many filters as the Μάρκα values are in the field, so that I can load for each Μάρκα its Μοντέλο αυτοκινήτου options.

The only way I found is this and only by filtering the categories which has these data.
It would be very helpful if you could point me to a correct direction.

I ve send you pm
Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by verzevoul.

• Thank you received: 612
5 years 6 months ago #299205

Hello,

Sorry but if I understand you well, I think you don't look at the good setting page.
You point us to Product Custom field, these settings will only be applied on the product page, and not the filter module (id 113)

Now, in the Filter you won't find this kind of option... Maybe you will have to find another way or a custom;
Sorry for this return.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299222

ohhh.
I was almost sure that I ve done this on filters. But I was wrong.
I found something similar on the form
www.hikashop.com/forum/filters-search/89...-your-selection.html
In the last post Nicolas proposed

Well, I see two solutions:
1. You could use the solution I propose. The code of the product is a non issue. When you connect HikaShop with your "main system", you could make it so that the integration can synchronize the different products with the product in the main system, for example by having a custom product field where you would store the product code.
That's actually what's I've done on the website of a client who had a similar problematic.
2. You could have instead only one custom field with all the possible combinations as values so that you would be able to select the combinations for each product. Then, you would build a custom module to display the search dropdowns and a custom plugin to apply the filter on the custom field of the products based on the combination selected in the 3 dropdowns.

The first solution seems very heavy for the project. We re talking about 60.000 products. So it ll get more than 600.000 using that way. A tyre fits sometimes to 10 brands. So dublicating... is a load nightmare.

The second solutions maybe is an option. But I can t understand what Nicolas mean. Can you make it more clear please?

5 years 6 months ago #299241

Hi,

I don't have the global picture of what you want to accomplish.
You could potentially have one or two levels of categories and use a HikaShop content module to be able to filter based on one of them.
And then you could configure the filters on the year for the models with a category restriction so that the filter adapted to the model would only display when that model category is selected in the sidebar HikaShop content module.

So it's a hybrid between a filter system and a category selection.
A good example of that, is this website: www.ldlc.com/
For each category they have many filters, but the filters are different for each category. So for laptops they have some filters ( www.ldlc.com/informatique/ordinateur-por...e/pc-portable/c4265/ ), but for mouses they have other filters ( www.ldlc.com/informatique/peripherique-pc/souris/c4613/ ).

And to have the values of the filters to change when something is selected in a filter, you can do that with the "dynamic filter" setting of the filters. But there is no mechanism to hide/display the whole filter based on what is selected in another filter.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299256

I ll hide them with jQuery. Do you think its a good plan. I m only sceptic about the ids. If they change I m stack.

5 years 6 months ago #299268

Hi,

Using custom JS to hide/display the filters it pretty much what I was suggesting on the other thread.
That's what we were suggesting for the same thing for custom fields until we added the "display limited to" setting to the custom field system.
So yes, I think it's a good plan.
The ids would only change if you would delete and recreate the filters.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds