HikaShop > Seblod > J2Store

• Thank you received: 35
10 years 3 days ago #152288

Hi to all,
on Seblod forum we are discussing about how to manage an eCommerce.
I want ask the HikaShop Team opinions, in special about:

1 - last Klas message:
"as far as I'm aware hikashop and virtuemart integrations were done, but they need some updates according to the develoepers. They should be available soon."
Do you have any more informations ?
How this integration will work with HikaShop ?
When do you think it will be available ?

2 - pulsarinformatique say:
"For example we use the J2Store plugin that allows you to create e-commerce sites with Seblod contents. With this plugin you can have the cart and the payment tunnel you need."
Do you know J2Store ?
Do you think is possible use HikaShop like J2Store ?

Many Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
10 years 2 days ago #152423

Hi,

1. That integration was done by Seblod on their end, not us. They have all the information about it. I saw it a bit two years ago when I met with them but don't have much information.
2. From what I saw at that time, it allowed you to configure your products/categories and their display on the frontend via seblod while the checkout would still be handled by HikaShop.
3. It depends on the Seblod team. They say that it will be available soon, but they said that already two years ago :) I hope it comes rapidly but I can't do anything about it.
4. I've never used J2Store.
You can already have some kind of integration between Seblod and HikaShop without any specific integration and here is how to do it:
a. Create your products in HikaShop
b. Create your content in Seblod and configure Seblod to display your content on your website.
c. Add HikaShop product tags in your Seblod content in order to have add to cart buttons there:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-product-insert.html
d. That's it. You now have add to cart buttons in Seblod which will direct to the HikaShop checkout to handle the payment while the display of the products/categories on your website is handled completely by Seblod.

9 years 9 months ago #163059

Hi Nicolas,
Many Thanks for support.
Seblod Team wrote me: "Hikashop integration was mostly done some time ago, but it needs to be updated for current versions and tested, unfortunately we don't have any more definite time for this."

Your suggestion is valid for "Products" and can be a temporary solution for me.
But now I need to solve the "Profile" issue, what I mean?

As you know I use Seblod. Users are registered using Seblod, this mean the same standard Joomla fields tables (Name, Username, Email, Password).
After registration Users have to complete their Seblod user profile. On this profile there are all the same HikaShop "User" and "Address" fields. (Infact on last releases Seblod by default added a lot of fields).

Now, I'm looking for a way to have just "one profile" (Seblod/HikaShop) and be able to use it with Seblod and with HikaShop.
As far as I understand there would be a simple way:
In HikaShop, if I click on " Custom Fields " I can manage these Address fields.
By default this feature read and write on:
- Table: address
- Column name: address_firstname (for example)

Why not have the way to edit these fields? :
- choosing the Table/Column where to read/write ? (So I can read from the "default standard" Seblod tables)
- and then, admins can choose if set users to edit (write permission) from Seblod Profile and HikaShop Profile and or force them to edit always from Seblod and they can just view during shopping on HikaShop (only read permission)

Am I right ? It Can be a solution ?
Please, Can you help me to find a solution ?
How you any suggestions ?

9 years 9 months ago #163095

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Integration of the user/address fields between HikaShop and Joomla, or HikaShop and CB, or HikaShop and Seblod or Seblod and Joomla, or Seblod and CB, or Joomla and CB all face the same issues. The format of the fields are different, the synchronization needs to be done both ways so that when a change happens on one end, it is reflected on the other (so it's not that easy), HikaShop address system supports multiple addresses per user, and for performances, they are shared between the user and the order unless the user/order address is changed and in that case they duplicate. And that's just the issues I can find without even looking deeper into that.
One example on the format of fields is the state/country fields. HikaShop actually stores the zone namekey in the custom field value, not the name or english name of the field. That way, when you decide to change a zone name, you don't loose the connection between the address and the zone (otherwise, the users with already an address with that zone wouldn't get the taxes/shipping methods/payment methods/coupons zone restriction to match with them anymore). But we can't just put the namekey in the state/country field of CB or Joomla or Seblod as they won't understand it and will just display it as is.
So all in all, it is possible yes, and that's something we would like to do in the future, but it's not that simple if you want to make it work properly.

9 years 9 months ago #163314

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for explanations.
I'm looking for the chance to have a copy of this "hikashop and virtuemart integrations were done", hooping to have back good news.
As for Akeeba Subscription I am willing to invest some money / work...

I'll keep you informed...

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by joomleb.

9 years 6 months ago #174699

Hi Nicolas,

still waiting for news from Seblod about "hikashop and virtuemart integrations were done",
but want highlight you again the J2Store development. There are a lot of users are following it and I think can be interesting think about it for the HikaShop future:
- e-Commerce for Seblod
- Quick2Cart webinar

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #174715

Hi,

Highlight on what specific development ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 6 months ago #214781

Hi Jerome, Hi guys,
I'm sorry for long delay, but I moved to another country...
After eleven months now I have to take a look into this integration.
I never tried J2Store and this plugin, so I do't know how they manage the "Profile" issue.
What I mean is what you can read in the links I yet posted about a "HikaShop Seblod plugin". To complete the links:

J2Store site
J2Store Seblod plugin
a small "guide" on How To use the J2Store Seblod plugin

8 years 6 months ago #214800

Hi,

From what I can see, the integration is not about the profile of the customer but more about adding add to cart buttons to seblod elements. Which is what the method I explained before will do:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8674...-j2store.html#152423
It's a bit more bothersome to setup as you need to setup both a product and a content in seblod and link them, while an integration would allow you to do all in one place, but the result would be similar.

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 7 months ago #248335

I always update some subject i like to see implemented , hikashop was the e-commerce product that was expect to see with seblod support but the 05 08 2016 official e-commerce supported by seblod is J2Store .

tutoriel ( fr)

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 7 months ago #248372

Hooping can be useful to the Hika Team, here is the entire User Guide on how to

7 years 7 months ago #248337

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

7 years 7 months ago #249202

Hi Nicolas,
also a new Blog Article appared on Seblod site.
We would like too much see the same thing for HikaShop...

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by joomleb.

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 6 months ago #250561

you can also read the links of one of my post about joomla and e-commerce . seblod advertise about a new extension for seblod e-commerce here . Since many years their claim there ll be a e commerce extension for hikashop and nothing appear so wait and see !!

When you start using a CMS you don't know all the "issue" the CMS has .....now i really ask myself if the choice of base a component on a new object instead use the default one on article like CCK do is not better than create fonctionnalities like custom fields !! With custom field you create a kind of CCK but only for hikashop product component so all extension for article are not useable by default !! ( about )

In a way HKS can do the same since many extensions appear for HKS but only for e commerce side ( and many layer glue) ...what about search at once for article , seblod CCK , hikashop product/fields ?

I ll try to follow the advice to mix seblod and hikashop but i think i ll need post for help and if i don't succeed I ll have to test e-commerce base on article joomla default component .....

i think my point of view is hot .....even the support and price on this forum is outstanding ....

i think web design seem more important for advertize and one of the website that use seblod could also be create using hikashop ( TO DO) ......

regard's

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 4 months ago #256121

Hi Nicolas,
knowing the HikaShop 3.x is arriving, but don't knowing what exactly it will be:

1 - Any hope to see an HikaShop > Seblod plugin
2 - and much more important, any hope to see a Mobile App
3 - or to have a way to develop it through JoomGap ?

7 years 4 months ago #256140

Hi,

Here the announce of the HikaShop 3.0 Alpha :
www.hikashop.com/support/44-blog/353-hikashop-3-0-alpha.html

A new announce will be made soon for the Beta release.
* Infinite scroll listing feature
* New Order Status configuration interface in the backend
* New HikaShop configuration interface with inline documentation
* Print of Shipping Labels
* Dynamic calculation of a reference price: Sorting price available for menu/modules
* Improvement of many backend interfaces (user, emails...)

The support of web services is almost done but it won't be available in the 3.0 ; We want to stabilize all the new features related to the cart and the checkout before making them available through web services.
But the new systems have all be designed to be compatible with a REST API.

Now about Seblod, I have to admit that I do not know that component so I am not in the best position to perform such kind of integration.
Because Seblod is also a French company, it could be easier for us to try to make a partnership to integrate our components ; if each part can be focus on his specialty ; it could be a fast development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 4 months ago #256187

Hi Jerome,
in first of all thanks and I'm totally agree about:

Jerome wrote: ...Now about Seblod, I have to admit that I do not know that component so I am not in the best position to perform such kind of integration.
Because Seblod is also a French company, it could be easier for us to try to make a partnership to integrate our components ; if each part can be focus on his specialty ; it could be a fast development...

Then, please, What do you mean exactly wih "web services" ?
Where can I read something more about what yo mean ?

7 years 4 months ago #256189

Hi,

Some time ago, we released a plugin called "HikAPI" which allow to create an entry point for web services (REST API) in a Joomla website.
github.com/HikaShop/hikapi

The all new cart & checkout systems we implemented for HikaShop 3 have several goals. One of them is to allow their integration with HikAPI.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

6 years 8 months ago #275646

Hi Nicolas,
in past I asked you:

joomleb wrote: ..."Profile" issue...

As you know I use Seblod. Users are registered using Seblod, this mean the same standard Joomla fields tables (Name, Username, Email, Password).
After registration Users have to complete their Seblod user profile. On this profile there are all the same HikaShop "User" and "Address" fields. (Infact on last releases Seblod by default added a lot of fields).

Now, I'm looking for a way to have just "one profile" (Seblod/HikaShop) and be able to use it with Seblod and with HikaShop.
As far as I understand there would be a simple way:
In HikaShop, if I click on " Custom Fields " I can manage these Address fields.
By default this feature read and write on:
- Table: address
- Column name: address_firstname (for example)

Why not have the way to edit these fields? :
- choosing the Table/Column where to read/write ? (So I can read from the "default standard" Seblod tables)
- and then, admins can choose if set users to edit (write permission) from Seblod Profile and HikaShop Profile and or force them to edit always from Seblod and they can just view during shopping on HikaShop (only read permission)

You replied to me:

nicolas wrote: ...Integration of the user/address fields between HikaShop and Joomla, or HikaShop and CB, or HikaShop and Seblod or Seblod and Joomla, or Seblod and CB, or Joomla and CB all face the same issues. The format of the fields are different, the synchronization needs to be done both ways so that when a change happens on one end, it is reflected on the other (so it's not that easy), HikaShop address system supports multiple addresses per user, and for performances, they are shared between the user and the order unless the user/order address is changed and in that case they duplicate. And that's just the issues I can find without even looking deeper into that.
One example on the format of fields is the state/country fields. HikaShop actually stores the zone namekey in the custom field value, not the name or english name of the field. That way, when you decide to change a zone name, you don't loose the connection between the address and the zone (otherwise, the users with already an address with that zone wouldn't get the taxes/shipping methods/payment methods/coupons zone restriction to match with them anymore). But we can't just put the namekey in the state/country field of CB or Joomla or Seblod as they won't understand it and will just display it as is.
So all in all, it is possible yes, and that's something we would like to do in the future, but it's not that simple if you want to make it work properly.

From that time something happened, in special:
1 - new Seblod releases
2 - HikaShop 3.x has been released
3 - Joomla 3.7.x has been released (including the customized fields creations)

This is why I want ask you again:
Is it chenged anything ? ...or Is your answer still the same ?
Do you still think that a plugin "synchronizing both ways" is the only solution ?
Do you have planned anything about ?

If no, thinking to speak with our developers, Can you give us some tricks / suggestions on how to develop it ?
We are thinking on something like to synchronize a "Profile" tab created in the User Manager (not important if with standard Joomla field feature or with Seblod) like first HikaShop Address...

Many Thanks for your attention...

6 years 8 months ago #275674

Hi,

It didn't change the situation.
Doing that properly would still require a plugin to be developed to handle the synchronization both ways.
We didn't start any work on that and don't have plans for now for that.

If I was doing it for my own website, I would do a simple version without any settings. Just a plugin which would implement the triggers of HikaShop, Joomla, Seblod when a user is saved in order to convert and copy the data to the 2 others each time.
If I wanted to do a cleaner solution, I would add settings to the plugin to be able to do some configuration on what field correspond to what field.
If I wanted to do a releasable solution that I could potentially sell, I would actually create a component so that I could have a real configuration interface with a listing of rules and the creation/edition of these rules. One rule would allow you to select a "custom field" for each supported extension detected. It would also embed one or several plugins to integrate with the supported extensions. The extension would have triggers so that your could develop plugins to add support to other extensions.

If we were to work on that, we would of course do the last version so that it would be easy to maintain and grow in the future. But that would be a lot of work (a few times more than the first solution with a static plugin, which would already be quite some work).

Regarding the address, we now have a "address_default" field which tells the address that is selected by default when you go to the checkout. So I would synchronize with that address.
The tricky part would be when the customer try to change his default address in his addresses manager in HikaShop...

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds