Cannot get Akeeba subscriptions working correctly

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 10 months ago #203003

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ??
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 1146 Table 'XXXXXX._group' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `name`,`id` FROM `_group`

Hi,

Recently My website has been upgraded from J2.5 to J3.4.1.
In the previous situation I had Akeeba subscriptions working fine.
The used version of Akeeba subscriptions is 4.2.1
Now in the new situation I have a few problems:

When a client purchases a subscription He is not automatically added to the right usergroup. I temporaraly solve it by adding the client manually.
When I want to edit a subscription I get the following error: [1146] Table 'XXXXX._group' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `name`,`id` FROM `_group`

Anybody know what went wrong and what I can do to solve this?

Additionally the following Question Arises. Akeeba subsciptions is not longer supported. Hikashop has subscriptions on their ToDo-list. Any developments in that direction??

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Sjaak Boer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 10 months ago #203006

Hi,

I think that the "group" table was present in an older version of Joomla, and is no more present now.

Firstly you could potentially create a new table named "xxxx_group" with the columns "name" and "id" and see if the group asignation is working, and if you still have the query error.

Else you will potentially have to check in the akeeba component the code calling that part for the subscription, probably in a class named "subscription" and in a "save" function.

Aren't there any topic in their forum talking about that ? It is no more supported, but the question had potentially been asked before the end of the support.

There is not yet developments in that direction, but it is still on our todo list. Once we have finished other main tasks on our todo list we will look deeper at this functionality.

8 years 10 months ago #203072

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your reply.
I searched their forums but couldn't find anything alike.
Then.... I do not have the knowledge to change, add or mess otherwise with database tables. Neither do I have the knowledge to change codes. So it's official.....I have a problem.

Are there other soltions or alternatives? Or ........ Anybody here who knows how to deal with this?

Thanks

Sjaak

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 10 months ago #203088

Hi,

We didn't move forward with the development of a subscription extension yet. We focused on other things for now.

Unfortunately, we cannot support Akeeba Subscriptions for them.

I would recommend to look at Emerald instead of Akeeba Subscriptions if you have issues with it:
www.mintjoomla.com/download/joomla-3/ite...action-hikashop.html
It's another subscription extension integrated with HikaShop.

8 years 9 months ago #203217

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, i understand that you cannot support Akeeba subscriptions and I don't expect you to.

I looked at Emerald. WOOOHOOOO This component costs $ 105,-- Hikashop iintegration included. I don't mind to pay for components when I need to but this is going beyond boundaries. Given the thought that you guys are planning on building a subscription solution to work within Hikashop, Emerald will be a temporary solution. A lot of money for a temporary solution.

I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

Can you give an ETA (and a pricerange) for your subscription solution?

Thanks

Sjaak

8 years 9 months ago #203218

Hi,

I don't see anything coming out before at least the beginning of 2016.

8 years 9 months ago #204692

HI,

I asked a few presales questions and the Mintjoomla team told me that Emerald was not able to do what I need to do with my subscriptions.
I decided to go elsewhere and I purchased Membership Pro. I am aware that Membership Pro does not integrate with Hikashop but I am willing to accept that since no other component is available in the market that integrates with Hikashop.

I have one more question. With Membershop Pro I can create subscription plans which adds clients to specific usergroups. That's great since I have different levels of product access and price access in hikashop. Members that visit my webshop now have access to the price level that belongs to the membership they purchased. Good thing.
I need something more. I need a modification that sets a maximum amount of products my members can purchase per day of that certain membership price level. To be more clear....my members can purchase many products for 0.00....in fact I want them to be able to download a maximum of XX products per day during their membership.
Can this be done in Hikashop?

I think it can be done with a plugin. Last year, in the times I still could use Akeeba subscriptions for my memberships, Jerome created a plugin that worked. Read this topic: availability subscription products .
That particular plugin does not work in the current situation. Therefore I repeat my question......now for my new situation.

Thanks in advance

Sjaak Boer

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Sjaak. Reason: fixing typos

8 years 9 months ago #204711

Hi,

You can do that use limits (menu Products>Limits) to restrict the number of products a customer can purchase per day per user group. That won't require any plugin.

Now I don't know what the plugin Jerome did for you was doing and if you want something else more complex. In that case, I would recommend to contact him directly.

8 years 9 months ago #204725

Hi Nicolas,

I first contacted Jerome directly and he advised me to first ask for support here. So that is why I extend my post here.

The limit feature sounds interesting. I didn't know of the existance. Since when is this available in Hikashop?
I tried to create a limit. Screenshot attached. A one month member may purchase/download 10 products per day.
With a monthly member testaccount I tried to create an order that contained more then 10 products. The order was created without a problem. All products could be purchased. So it seems the limits are not working. Or am I doing something wrong?

If we can get this working I would like to add something to the limits. My members may purchase the goods that still carry a price unlimited. I want to set the limit only for free products. So a filter for 0.00 Euro products would be needed in my case.

Thanks

Sjaak

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago #207476

Hi,

I just done a local test and the limits seems to be working as expected.
Are you sure that the account used for the tests was in the group "Member months" ?

Regarding the filter, the easiest way will be to create a new category named for example "free products" and add this category to the desired products and finally add the category in the settings of the limit.

8 years 5 months ago #215965

uhm, I need to come back on this topic.

We're a few months further. I see that members are ordering much more products per day then they are allowed with their membership.
Are you sure that the limits feature works correctly?

Sjaak

8 years 5 months ago #215997

Hi,

As I remember we don't had negative feedbacks about that issue.
What is your current version of HikaShop ?

8 years 5 months ago #216017

Hi Xavier

Joomla 3.4.4
Hikashop 2.5.0

Sjaak

8 years 5 months ago #216026

Hi,

We've actually added a fix to the limits system for the next version of HikaShop whereby the quantity limits weren't working properly previously.
Change the line:
$rows = $database->loadObjectList('product_id');
to:
$rows = $database->loadObjectList();
in the _checkQuantity function of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php
and that will add the fix.

8 years 5 months ago #216178

Ok Thanks. I changed the file.
We'll see if this works. Do visitors/members get a message when they reach their daily limit?

8 years 5 months ago #216184

They'll get a warning message when they try to add to their cart a product when they already reached the limit.

8 years 5 months ago #216552

Hi,

limits do not work. I still have members ordering many more free products per day then they are entitlled to.
Can this be solved?
Attached a screenshot of settings. Do I have my settings right?

Sjaak

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Sjaak. Reason: additional qustion. Screenshot attached.

8 years 5 months ago #216579

Hi,

The settings look right and we don't have the problem you're describing since adding the patch above.
So we would need a backend and FTP access to your website, along with precise instructions to easily reproduce the problem on your website in order to debug the problem on your website.

8 years 5 months ago #216651

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you. I sent you a PM

Sjaak

8 years 5 months ago #216671

Hi,

You didn't provide a FTP access. Could you provide that please ?

Please use our contact form and include a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds