availability subsctiption products.

• Thank you received: 5
9 years 5 months ago #179328

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : ?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ?
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

In my shop people can buy electronic goods and download them.
More special is that they can also buy a subscription that allow to buy the same product without the need to pay for them (free). In fact there are many more products available as free download for subscribers than the paid ones for regular visitors.

I want to tease visitors by showing the products that they are missing when they do not buy a subscription.
As It is organised now regular visitors do not see the products that are available for subscribers.

So something like : showing the product on in the productview but when clicked they get a message "availble with subscription".

Any advise How to organise this?

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 5 months ago #179369

Do not set the access level on the product but on the price of the product. Then, make sure that the "display add to cart button for free products" options is turned off. That way, they won't be able to add the products to the cart and they will see a "Free" text instead. Then, simply change that text to "available with subscription" with a translation override.

9 years 5 months ago #179393

Ah, Ok, I see. If that is how it is done then it should be fairly easy to organise.
Only; How do I set access levels to the price of the product?
In the price field I only see a dash under access level and I do not see how I can change that. Look at my screenshot.

Thanks

Sjaak

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 5 months ago #179419

Hi,

You have to save the product first and then you should see an icon to select a group.
The installed HikaShop must be a business edition for this feature.

9 years 5 months ago #179532

HI,

I do use the business edition. I followed your advise. Set the access level of one product to 'all'. Saved it. Still I cannot select an access level for the price of the product.
I tried this for all access level combinations I could think of.

Strange hey?

What can be wrong here?

Sjaak

9 years 5 months ago #179536

Hi,

You need to save the price once. And after you saved the price once, you can select the access level of the price.

9 years 5 months ago #179616

That is what I did. Price in the field 'price' is 0,0 euro. Save it. Then I should see a possibility to select the access level for the price. Well, not on my side.
The screenshot I showed in my previous message stays the same.

Do I need to set the price in another field, and then save? Where am I going wrong?

Sjaak

9 years 5 months ago #179679

After several fruitless attempts I found a way to be able to change access levels for the price of a product. I changed the value to another value and saved the product. After that move I was able to change the access level of the product. So now I had assigned an access level to the product. But now the product also carries the wrong price. I changed the price back to it's old value and saved. Strange enough I again could not change the access level for the product.

I can only say: This is not a very steady way of working. If I have to do this for all the free subscribers downloads not knowing to which access level they are assigned to then I am going to have a shop that I can't trust.

Another question comes up: If I do not show the add to cart button for free products .......then how are my subscribers going to add the product to their cart so they can download the product??? The add to cart button will not be displayed to them as well.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #179708

Hi,

When you add a product price with "0", HikaShop consider it as empty and act like you did not add a price.
"0" is free and if a product does not have a price, it is a free product.

And yes, you can't mix "I do sell free products" and "I don't sell free products" in the same time.
But, you can have a product with a price and a 100% discount on the product for a specific Joomla user group.
The product won't be considered as "free" but as "$0.00" due to the discount.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 5 months ago #179722

Hi Jerome,

I have thousands of products with a 100% discount available for subscribers. Writing discounts for those products wil not be an easy task. It literally means a complete reorganisation of my shop.

Next to that I want to show that being a subscriber is something special. I have thousands of products that are not available for regular visitors. Those products don't even carry a price to set a discount for. They are only available for subscribers.

As I see it I do want to sell free products. I just do not want to sell them to everybody. The subscriptions are my solution to that. With the subscriptions I decide to whom I sell the product as a free product.

Do you have another suggestion on how to organise this?

Sjaak

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Sjaak. Reason: adding text

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #179739

Hi,

You can create a general 100% targeting a Joomla user group and a category ; then place all the products you want in that specific category (thanks to the multi-category feature of HikaShop).

Otherwise.. I think you can use a custom system plugin.
The idea will be to change dynamically the HikaShop configuration depending the user.
By default the configuration does not accept to add free products in the cart but ; the system plugin will modify the configuration (just for the current page) to allow it for users in the right user group.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 5 months ago #179824

Hi Jerome,

Your first suggestion would work OK for products I have available for sale and visible to regular visitors. It would, as I see it now, not work for the products I have available for subscribers only.

Your second suggestion sounds interesting. I looked at the list of hikashop plugins and found one called ' HikaShop Free orders validation Plugin' . Reading the name and description of the plugin one would think this plugin is written for what I try to achieve. Does this plugin not work or does it need some modification?

Regards

Sjaak

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 5 months ago #179940

Hi,

I am not sure that this plugin is really what you need. It allow to process free orders, but don't allow to add free products to the cart.
So I think that you will have to add things to this plugin to have what you need. You potentially have to use the "onBeforeCartUpdate()" function in the plugin.

9 years 5 months ago #179975

Hi,

Is there a plugin available to do what I need?

I am not able to code myself. That is why I came to you guys ;o)
If a new plugin is needed....please tell me. And if it can be made.
I am sure it will be interesting for other webshops that offer downloads.

Sjaak

9 years 5 months ago #180065

Hi,

For such custom developments, you can contact our partners for a quote:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

9 years 5 months ago #181262

Thanks,

I have a new plugin working in my webshop that does the thing.

Thank you Jerome/Obsidev.

• Thank you received: 92
8 years 10 months ago #204716

Hi
I find interesting all your post ( the way you expose your problem issue) about
1- howto to resolve subscription upgrade issue ( akeeba (end of product) fail and need to buy hks emerald extension ( higher price than hikashop business extension or membership-pro 35$ ( don't resolve all issue) )
2- howto give access to register sub group for many free product buy setting a price and create reduce of price to 100 % instead set price to 0 !!! . Does the custom plug in is available for free ? Did you hire a php / joomla / hikashop developper ?

regard's

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by lionel75.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds