Hika Reward points

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 8 months ago #247885

Hi,

@kyratn : thanks :)

@onyc : Okay, let's explain it once again !

You are quick to complain about this and reluctant to answer my questions. He was being helpful.

again, if you just take a look at my forum signature if you will read that I am not part of the HikaShop support team.
Answering to the forum or to the forum question is not my job ; I am doing it for free. I am a developer and that is my only job.
And I am the one who created the user points plugin and these plugins are under my copyright. So if I want to answer quickly when I see a leak of my work, when I only authorize the HikaShop team to distribute it (for free), it is my full right.

You came here to have some help, I gave you answers and you misunderstand them; without giving the elements/answers I asked for the first beginning.
So if you want my help ; it is not the best solution.

And if you take a look at the first page of that thread you will see that I have already explain it to you on post #243930.
I really give me the impression that you do not read me at all and don't want to answer to the question I asked you ; but you are sure frustrated and angry. I am sorry for that but it's not my fault !

Now, like kyratn told you, you have a menu called "My account > my subscriptions" where you can see the status of your subscription and download HikaShop package.
In that page you can also register your website for HikaShop automatic updates so you can install the latest version through the Joomla update system : to be sure to be up-to-date !
www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html

To conclude, I am not helping people here to be criticism like that.
If you don't want my help, that's fine ! I'll let other users answer you, at least you seem to read them.

I hope that I am clear enough.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #248051

I apologize if you felt that way, I am not a bad person :( . I was just looking for a solution and was really frustrated because I communicated with Hikashop for months via email already.

They should be doing more to help people. If NOT for @kyratn I am sure I will still be going in circles regarding this.

I appreciate your input.

7 years 8 months ago #248053

THANK you so much for your help. It was really helpful!!!!

First time in 6 months we are finally able to allocate points on shipped order.

But now I have a concern regarding using points to partially pay for order. On my current site on attached, we have where point credit loads automatically. It is not loading on test site :( How do we achieve this?

FYI: there is enough point on the account I am using to test it!

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by onyc.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 8 months ago #248059

Hi,

When you edit the HikaShop user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager, you can see this option:
take.ms/5HI7j
It it probably configured differently between the two websites.

The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

7 years 8 months ago #248102

Thanks, it works!

7 years 8 months ago #248158

Hello,
I have 2 more issues with points.
1) On my life site, we have different level of customers, for instance once a customer spends $2500 which means accumulates 2,500 points because we have 1:1 ratio to give points for silver members, they are automatically added as “Gold” group from Silver. This is working great on test site.

But now the issue is that I will want them to maintain their gold status even though they used points, I noticed once the order is placed and points deducted, the user got downgraded which is not the case on my life site. On life site, they maintain user group even though they use points and additional spending is added ontop of spent ones so they can work their way to Diamond or Platinum. It is based on their overtime total spending and not necessarily point balance.

2) Second issue is that, I see there is only one “ Hikashop UserPoints Plugin” which I have configured and it works great. But because we have different level of user group and each of them have different point earning ratio for instance silver Points giving ratio is 1:1 which is what I have configured now.
But I need to set for remaining ones below:
i) “Gold” Points giving ratio is 1: 2

ii) “Platinum” Points giving ratio is 1: 3

iii) and “Diamond” Points giving ratio 1: 4

Please how do we achieve this? Do we have to duplicate the “ Hikashop UserPoints Plugin” If so, can you guide me so I can share with my developer?

Thanks a lot.

7 years 8 months ago #248184

Hi,

1) There is only the plugin "user group after purchase" which can change the user groups.
Please check the configuration of your products to verify that you do not have configured that plugin to change the user group.
If the product configuration is good, it would mean that it is coming from another plugin but not one of HikaShop packages.

2) The "user point plugins" are HikaShop plugins ; which mean that like other Shipping/Payment plugins, you can create a lot of instances of them.
You just need to create " new " plugin in the HikaShop plugin interface.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #248222

Point 2 works!

But please can you be a little more clear on point 1? Which is regarding to downgrade on point used in paying for order.
Also, similar downgrade issue is on below point which I named "point3":

point 3) I have an issue with manual user upgrade. Though we have certain number of points each user must reach to go to level, for instance 2500 to go to gold for instance. Now, we will need to add existing users manually from life site to test site once launched as a case by case basis and will like them to maintain their group.

As a test, I manually change user to to gold. Once I ship the order, it is working fine in allocating double points but the user got downgraded to silver when I view their user group.

We need to set this where the manually added user group overrides automatic point setting because we will have some users on current site that is gold or diamond that we need to upgrade manually but they do not have existing number of points due to the fact they have used their point but we do not want them loosing their user group..

PLEASE help.

7 years 8 months ago #248233

Hi,

2) Sure it works :) HikaShop was the first to propose a plugin instance system for all of his payment/shipping plugins, giving a lot of flexibility !

1 & 3) It looks like you are using a feature of AltaUserPoints for the modification of the Joomla user group depending the number of points ; so I have the feeling that the issue is coming from AltaUserPoints.
You should see in that component (and with their support team) how you can have only "group upgrade" and not "group downgrade" ; but it is not something related to HikaShop and that's not something that I (or the HikaShop support team) have knowledge.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #248307

Hmmm, this is a big headache:( The Alta user point people are not quick in replying to me and I am Launching my site on Friday so I have only a few days for plan B.

1) Please view image “payment with points” Can you explain to me what the options in red really means, might help me to figure out something...?
i) Group points by?
ii) Maximum points?
iii) POINTS_ROUDING?
iv) Group points: Warning level?

2)Also, on this payment setting, is there how we can set a minimum point reach so they can only use points over that? For instance, the gold member which must reach 2500 points but they can only use points over 25000 so if someone has 2600 instance, they can only use 100 which means 2500 is only to maintain their account! I think this option can hep me so i allocate free points to existing members that do not have enough point currently...
Sorry but I am figuring plan B and need HELP, any help will be highly appreciated:)!!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 8 months ago #248331

@ONYC

AWESOME !!!

If i was hks team ... when read some of your post ......i ll never help you and 2 months and 2 weeks (refer to the date of my post 24 08 2016 ) later nothing new , problems are still here !!!
your post seem a TODO list that you want hikashop team to do !!! you use email first and i feel that the way you post in the forum is a way to force hks team to do the work for you and i think it is the wrong way to do .

ask question /support to hks for a third extension plug in ....is AWESOME ...never see that . ...and hiskashop reply after read the documentation of altaUserPoints . This joomla extension was a fork and documentation is more php dev oriented than boostrap/gui oriented ( or poorly user documented )!! This "extension" reference in JED is a package that contain CMP extension ( Component, Module , Plugin ) so a lot to study/test for understand how all is implemented ( undertand parameters for master the package ) !!! A demo admin site is available ( great) . The jed review has only one "reviewer" item with all item to 100% ...strange ? A website is about this extension but difficult to understand who maintain the code ( here / or here ) and bussiness marketing .

The first post claim that you have a "developper" and many post speak about the developper . it is his job to connect to hikashop forum and RTFM , search documentation , forum help and resolve your issues.Many time you use the word "my developper " .....Hire a new developper with joomla php skilll !!!!!

I really want to know the name and the skill and the website of this developper !!!

when read your profile you create the account in 2013
-you never help others hks user in the forum !!
- you don't read the documentation ( post1 , post2 )
-you use ALtaUSerPoints since 2013 ( post2 )
-you use mail first before forum not only here but also in other post ( refer to hikashop team writing) ....

if i was the webmaster of hikashop website i ll banned you !! and i ll delete your account !!
it take 1 hours to write this post and add some informations ...hope it ll help resolve your "issue" and focus on your simple problem ( developper) ?

If joomla and hikashop is a nightmare for manage reward/point ... Many e-commerce have their own implemetnation of reward and point . Hikashop has it own call user_point and support uap ( documentation ) .there is sa module to show hikashop user_point ( here ) and documentation : pointsconsumer , payment .
J2store has very good documentation about reward/point compare to AUP( many extensions use aup in jed ) . hks team in some post give a link to aworeward .
I don't use myself J2Store or virtuemart or any others e-commerce solutions except hikashop . ......hikashop choose to implement product without use joomla Object ARTICLE ( "no heritance" to be confirm ..., seblod i think do it ) !!

@JEROME you write create new "plug in ". It is not that way joomla use the word plugin. Plugin c'ant be instanciate only enable and configure . ..so since onyc has problem to understand joomla ecosystem , best is to give step by step informations or capture screen !! you write "hikashop plug" in so it mean there are not joomla plugin ..... but not easy to understand for beginner .
Best l be that the developper write himself in this forum instead let onyc do it !!

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 8 months ago #248349

Hi,

@onyc

1 - Please see the different settings in the according documentation page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...thod.html#additional
If you have problem to understand the description of a setting ; let the team know.

2 - The goal of the plugin is to convert the user points into a discount.
There is nothing in the plugin to not use a part of the points ; or do such kind of specific task like you want to do.
I'm not saying that it's impossible, but that is not something provided by the HikaShop plugin and it would require some custom development in order to create such kind of specific feature.

@lionel75
For real beginners, sure. But when there is no RTM (read the manual), RTR (read the reply) or ATQ (answer the question)...
The plugin configuration in HikaShop is explained (with screenshots) in the first tutorial :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...st-sale.html#payment
So the step by step is in the doc.
And to be able to provide screenshots, we need to know what to tell. We need to know the status, the current situation, etc.
But, like I wrote, that's not my job (I am a developer !) so that's why I mostly focus on technical threads where I can help with my knowledge on HikaShop code (because I read/wrote that code) and possibilities.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds