Default value on order custom field doesn't work

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #291194

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

We have created several custom fields for the table order.
We have filled in default values, but when a order is created the custom fields are empty.

See screenshot for the field (order_ups_nr_of_packages) for example:

As you can see there is no value on the custom fields at the additional information.

Only when we click on the edit button (at number 1) from the additional information we see the default values. So we have to save them first before they are visible in the order.

So my question is: Is this normal behavior? And is it possible to get these values standard in the order so we don't have to edit and save the additional information to get those values into the order?

We need these values for an CSV export for UPS WorldShip, so it's not workable to edit and save all the orders with standard values before we can make the export.

I hope you have a solution for this.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 weeks ago #291196

Hi,

It's normal. That's because you didn't activate the display of the custom field on the checkout.
If you activate it (and hide it with CSS if you don't want your customers to see it), then you'll get the default value in the orders when they are created.

Alternatively, it's also easy to create a mass action to set that value when orders are created:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #291245

Hi Nicolas,

Now I have activated the custom field to the checkout as you see in this screenshot.
It was not needed to hide this fields with CSS because we turned them off for the frontend.
But still the default values are not been added to the order when we create a new order.

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 week ago #291249

Hi,

It was not needed to hide this fields with CSS because we turned them off for the frontend.

My point was precisely to have them displaying on the checkout... So if you turn them off for the frontend, it defeats the purpose.
Turn them on for the frontend so that you can see them on the checkout, hide them with CSS if you want, and you'll see that it will work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds