After converting to Joomla 4 Reporting no longer work properly?

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Essential
8 months 1 week ago #354505

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4 Latest
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Report widgets not working correctly.

Notice: Undefined index: billing in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 37 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 37
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_id in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 67
Default shipping address

No address
Notice: Undefined index: shipping in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 37 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 37
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_id in /var/www/web/joomla4/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form_address.php on line 67

Hi All,
Report Widgets don't work as they did in Joomla3
All previous report Widgets are missing replaced with default reports.

I can goo in and try and edit the old reports but it comes up with errors.

Thanks
Ian

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 months 4 days ago #354602

Hi,

Your message is about errors with the widgets which don't work.
But on your first screenshot, I do see the widget settings successful saving message, indicating that the save worked, and the widget is displayed below.
There is a notice message, which we will fix, but that shouldn't prevent you from using the widgets. In fact, that notice was already there for years. I suppose you didn't see it because you have the "error reporting" / "debug" in the Joomla configuration turned off.
So I'm still not clear on what is the problem with your widgets ? Are you just reporting that notice message ? Or do you have errors which prevent you from using the widgets ? What are these errors then ?

The second screenshot comes from the edit page of a guest user , as if you were trying to edit the settings of a user which doesn't exist. How did you access that page ?

• Hikashop Essential
8 months 4 days ago #354603

Hi Nicolas,
I accessed that page under Administrator...
I have lots of widgets that jut aren't showing after the conversion to J4?, they seem to have been replaced with defaults?
I would show a screen shot of live J3 and J4 but they hold financials my client wouldn't want the world to see :-(

I think you still have the login for Administrator on both, if not I can re-send them.
Thanks
Ian

8 months 4 days ago #354610

Hi,

For security reasons, we don't keep accesses lying around.
If you want us to check things out, please send the accesses via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

8 months 3 days ago #354626

Hi,

I don't see any problem on your website.
The statistics do show up when I open a report in the Orders>Reports menu.

Are you saying that you had these statistics on your HikaShop dashboard ?
In that case, that means that you had the "dashboard legacy" setting activated in the Advanced tab of the HikaShop configuration. You want to turn back on that setting to not use the new dashboard, which can't be customized.

• Hikashop Essential
8 months 2 days ago #354679

Thanks Nicolas,
That's brought back the dashboard, unfortunately all the widget formatting has been lost, but this isn't crucel at the moment.
I did a Joomla and Hikashop update this week and it's sent me a few steps back unfortunately. I was supposed to be going live on Sunday, but not sure that it's going to happen now. the "hikashop_checkout_login_form" has lost its formatting as well?

I also had an issue with the new PayPal plugin which wasn't cancelling from PayPal Correctly, i.e. returning to the checkout page, you did a fix on this, but since the upgrade it's reverted back to not returning to the checkout form/page and not setting the order to cancelled... Just wondering if that fix wa implemented in the last update?

I'm really struggling with this at the moment :-(
Thanks
Ian

8 months 1 day ago #354686

Hi,

1. The modification we discussed here ( www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...purchase.html#353160 ) is scheduled for the next version of HikaShop. For now, you can manually add it.

2. What do you mean by "the "hikashop_checkout_login_form" has lost its formatting as well" ? Please provide precise information.
I went ahead and checked your website login form on the checkout, and the only thing I can see is a warning message:
i.imgur.com/BUI1jzl.png
This warning message can be removed by turning off the "error reporting" of the Joomla configuration page. That setting should be turned off on a live website for security reasons anyway.
Also, this warning comes from a view override file in your template ( in the file templates/newskin2017/html/layouts/joomla/form/field/password.php ). So you should:
- report the warning to your template provider support.
- you can try renaming that file to something else via FTP in order to deactivate it and see if it works without the warning that way.

• Hikashop Essential
8 months 21 hours ago #354729

Hi Nicolas,
I think it's a problem with the new bootstrapv2 again.
When you looked at it the other day I must have disabled the "Use bootstrap v2 design" at that point as I was trying to work on it...

This is what I get when I enable the "Use bootstrap v2 design" on Joomla4:

This is Joomla3 "Use bootstrap v2 design" enabled:

So as you can see I'm not getting the same results with "Use bootstrap v2 design" on Joomla4.

And another issue on the checkout page is the voucher field, can not for the life of me find out how to reduce the width??:

In Joomla4 I'm getting this:

Hope this makes sense?
Thanks for you patience Nicolas :-)

All the best
Ian

8 months 1 hour ago #354734

Hi,

Note that Joomla 3 included by default bootstrap 2.
With Joomla 4, we have boostrap 5 in it.
So most templates for Joomla 3 were based on boostrap 2, while most templates for Joomla 4 are based on bootstrap 5.
If you activate that option, you'll get HTML code specific to bootstrap 2. So unless your template is specifically made with bootstrap 2, it won't display properly. That's why this option is disabled by default.
Going forward, you'll likely want to keep that option turned off.

Regarding your coupon, the issue is linked to your template CSS. It bascially forces all the input fields to take the maximum width available in the area where they are being displayed. You'll need custom CSS to counteract this for this field.
For example:

.hikashop_checkout_coupon_field {
    flex: none !important;
}

The following user(s) said Thank You: ianspeed

• Hikashop Essential
7 months 4 weeks ago #354772

Thanks Nicolas,
I think I'm almost there!
I have just discovered one issue, not sure where it stems from, but the checkout page isn't being responsive? Not sure whether this is something I have done with all the previous years of tweaks or the template that was generated, I have looked and it's not responsive on the old site either? Any ideas or pointers in the right direction?

Many thanks
Ian

• Thank you received: 612
7 months 4 weeks ago #354775

Hello,

Sorry for this return but we just have a look on your checkout and didn't see a lack of responsiveness, so can you elaborate more in order to point your display issue via annotated screenshot, description etc?
Regards

Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
7 months 4 weeks ago #354779

Hi Nicolas,
I expected the the DIV'S to collapse for each product and to just not squash the table horizontally?

Currently:

So you would have:

product image
description
Quantity
Price
total

Many thanks
Ian

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by ianspeed.

• Thank you received: 612
7 months 4 weeks ago #354787

Hello,

Can you process somes tests :
- With a default template (Cassiopeia)
- Without any custom css in your Css Options part (Main configuration => Display tab)

Make your returns
Regards

Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds